[BW,BM] Beast Machines - So, why did Megatron choose Silverbolt's and Rhinox's sparks...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Beast Machines - So, why did Megatron choose Silverbolt's and Rhinox's sparks...

Post by Civ »

...instead of using Strika and Obsidian's to begin with? Megatron is no idiot but I'm having trouble understanding why he didn't just use two of the greatest strategists in Cybertronian history, who were pretty much 100% loyal to him based upon their programming to protect Cybertron, instead of Rhinox and Silverbolt. Even Thrust/Waspinator said that Megs should never have used two of Optimus' pals...well...despite Rhinox's character turn. Well, maybe aside from the possibility that neither strategist was thought of by the writers yet so they weren't available during the initial Vehicon general choosing process.

So, aside from the writer's angle, are we assuming that Megs is such a genius that he foresaw the Maximals getting Silverbolt back and awakening Rhinox? That sounds like a bit of stretch even despite Megs' genius. Thoughts? Speculations?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Over-confidence, twisted sense of humour, wish to put maximals into a difficult position if they found out the truth?
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Beast Megatron has always had a dark sense of humour and a pension for psychological warfare.

The above poster makes a good point too. I think, at one point, a Maximal actually says that they can't fight the Vehicons without slagging their own guys.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i believe in the beast wars universe, the previous transformers were all dead (last seasons they found the ark and the body of our beloved Prime and several other Transformers on the deck) so i assume that the previous transformers were simply dead... except for Starscream (immortal spark and all) and when he returned to Cybertron and wiped out the inhabitants to replace them with vehicons, that was the reasoning...

*nods satisfied*
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
i believe in the beast wars universe, the previous transformers were all dead (last seasons they found the ark and the body of our beloved Prime and several other Transformers on the deck) so i assume that the previous transformers were simply dead... except for Starscream (immortal spark and all) and when he returned to Cybertron and wiped out the inhabitants to replace them with vehicons, that was the reasoning...

*nods satisfied*
"Autobots" and "Decepticons" weren't all gone (we see a body type similar to Soundwave in Nightscream's flashback when virus hit Cybertron.

Also, there were at least thousands of sparks in Megatron's possession in the season two finale, he had plenty of sparks to choose from.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

dammit- thats right...

it's been a while since i watched any of the beast wars/ beast machines eps (about 3 years) and my memory is a little dim... thank you for the correction Osku
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Computron

Post by Computron »

On the other hand who are Obsidian and Strika?

If they are two of Cybertrons greatest generals who did they fight for Autobots or Decepticons and why were they never mentioned during G1 as I'm certain someone would of mentioned it much like how great generals of old are mentioned by us (Wellington, Napolean).

Assuming they came after G1 then how in only 300 years did they gain more recognition than others who had led/ fought for several million years
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

*shrug*

Maybe they lead in the final battle to end the Great War? Or wrote the Pax Cybertronia? Or maybe they are evil incarnations of Megatron's little rubber duckie?
~
Silverline
Protoform

Post by Silverline »

Gah...haven't been here in over a year...I guess that's what happens when you lose your entire computer and have to start from scratch.

As far as Old Fire Breath using Big Green's and Sir Drools-a-lot's Sparks in Tankkor and Jetstorm's bodies respectively, I think it was a mixture of irony (Having two of his most detested enemies working for him and knowing that the Maximals would be fighting against their own kind), a bit of overconfidence (Although you've gotta admit, Megs could have never expected Rattraps device that brought Silverbolt Back), and belief that he only needed the bare basics to win (Especially considering Tankkor's Intelligence before Rattrap woke up Rhinox).

Another thing to consider was that maybe Megatron wasn't sure if giving his minons sparks would be a good idea (As well as going against his ideal world). In both Tankkor and Jetstorm's cases, it was the Maximals that turned them. With Thrust still on his side, Megatron believed that he had the power to keep Obsidian and Strika's sparks under control.

As far as who Obsidian and Strika are in terms of characters, you'd have to look at someone who has more then just BW/BM knowledge.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I'm with Osku on this one.

And you have to consider that MegatronII knows what Rhinox is potentially capable of (Dark Designs); having suffered once when trying to get the Maximal on his side, he is perhaps taking a little belated cold revenge by putting Rhinox's Spark into Tankor.

Megs might also be using Silverbolt in retaliation for OPrimal claiming Black Arachnia, and Waspinator, the odd one out, simply because he was reasonably loyal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]