What if Dinobots Vs Soundwave and ALL his cassetes

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
optimusskids
Protoform

What if Dinobots against Soundwave and ALL his cassetes

Post by optimusskids »

Let the discussion begin

Who would win this one

would the Cons shear weight of Numbers defeat the gallant Dinobots!!

Discuss
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

You sure I was hoping to get people thinking about the casettes more deeply apart from Ratbat, the Twins, Laserbeak and Ravage most of them dont get much thought given to them.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

the Dinobots would step on them all. and the ones who fly would be taken out by swoop or flamed by slag. the cassetes and the dinobots both took down Devestator, true, but the dinobots would still win. gyar i feel dirty for participating in a vs thread that doesn't involve Motormaster in a game of chicken...

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ah thats where you'd be wrong TF universe profile claims that Overkill can mass shift to full T Rex size though occasionally process malfunctions.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by optimusskids
would the Cons shear weight of Numbers defeat the gallant Dinobots!
Nope. Nor their tactics. The fliers might make it off the battlefield alive, as they could split in different directions and Swoop might not be able to take down all.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I reckon Slugfest and Snarl would be a fairly even match
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

no contest there would be no more cassettes or even a cassette player after that is over :D
________
MFLB VAPORIZER
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Snarl vs. Slugfest

Overkill would keep Grimlock frozen by surrounding him with motion missiles from his quad launchers

Laserbeak , Buzzsaw and Squawktalk would harry Swoop from different directions. Although Laserbeak would probably flee

Slag would be distracted by Beastbox while ravage snook up on him and took him out

and Soundwave would use mindreading to easily outfight Sludge

Whilst Ratbat would work out battles cost - benefit analysis.

Didn't one of condors in some kind of hallucogen aided plotting take out Omega Supreme?

Frenzy would generally disrupt there transformation and electrical systems and Rumble would cause the ground to swallow them up.
Blast-Off
Protoform

Post by Blast-Off »

So what would Auto-Scout do?

And, was Buzzsaw in any other episode than Atlantis, Arise and Auto Berserk? Any comic appearances, compareds to Laserbeak?
I do not agree that the original Transformers cartoon is bad, but I do agree that my opinion is probably biased.

I actually don't like signatures.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Grimlock alone is roughly equal to Prime -- tactically he's going to burn/hack his way through anything between himself and Soundwave, who's the main threat. Not that Soundwave is going to stick around if can avoid it (self-preservation being extremely high on his list of goals, despite considerable fighting/other abilities.)

Cassettes... let's see...

Laserbeak -- isn't doing much of anything unless the tide turns
Buzzsaw -- is a planner rather than a heavy-hitter
Rumble -- physically weak, vulnerable from a distance
Frenzy -- physically weak, vulnerable from a distance
Ravage -- is a spy and short-hop bodyguard
Ratbat -- doesn't actually have any artillery
Overkill -- "often" can't fully transform
Slugfest -- slow, stupid and prone to locking up
Squawktalk -- low powered
Beastbox -- moderately powerful but unskilled

Assuming they all attack at once, and bearing in mind the first wave are likely to be melted if they do that, there are only a couple with firepower that could bother the Dinobots -- and brawling is hampered by there only being two fullsize alt modes on the cassette side, assuming Overkill and Slugfest don't simply break down.

The disparity in physical size and in firepower are the cassettes' main limitation. A couple have abilities that could keep enemies at a distance for a while. Several are inclined to scarper at any indication of trouble.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Slag: He's rash and not too bright, qualities which often put him in dangerous predicaments.

Sludge: Sludge is often victim to the calamities he causes. Often his fellow Autobots must dig him out of the rubble he's brought down upon himself. Perhaps if he were more clever he'd figure out ways to avoid these predicaments. He's very slow due to his huge bulk.

Snarl : Snarl's dependency on sunlight makes him extremely vulnerable to attack at night. Although he can use the same fuel the other Autobots use, he operates at only a fraction of his strength when he does. He is also very slow and his uncooperative behavior patterns sometimes hinder his effectivess in dangerous situations

Swoop: Although he's extremely maneuverable and has great endurance due to low fuel consumption, Swoop is vulnerable to enemy firepower due to the relatively fragile nature of his wings.

Most of Grimlocks grountroops are slow and dumb

I agree in a fair fight for example in a meeting engagement theyd probably win but in Ambush Cons would have the advantage. A well placed laserbeam from Laserbeak from 30 miles away would take out Swoop and Sludge and Snarls firepower is low so as long as Cons could maintain distance they could have an advantage when it came to physical one on one they'd lose their advantage, they'd probably be best off in an ambush situation in an urban enviroment at night . They could probable combined take out 3 of the 5 leaving Slag and Grimlock for an all out effort which would probably see the majority of the Cons slagged.

Edit: The 2 dino casettes do have their weaknesses but then so do the Dinobots.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Wow, it's as if you... uh, cut-and-pasted some bios.

So in a situation in which Snarl has been out of the sun for weeks, Grimlock lets Slag wander off from the group, Sludge is fighting inside a basement and Swoop can't fend off Squalktalk and Buzzsaw, that's a guaranteed win for the 'Cons.

edit: Oh, and Soundwave somehow outpowers Grimlock. It's handy being able to read minds, but not if the only thing you read is there'll be a flamethrower or sword coming towards your head.

The Decepticon cassettes are largely designed for recon, interrogation or special ops, not battlefield conditions.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

yes was a work in progress.

exactly as the attacking force theyd have the advantage of picking the location , in the Cartoon the Cons were that dumb but if you are the physically weaker force why not stack the odds in your favour.

I know i'm being devil's advocate here and defending the least likely side of affairs but it was just to highlight some of the cassetes abilities and make people think behind the oh they can step on them field of thought thanks for an interesting debate Denvyer.

The 2 dinos honestly plus Soundwave are probably the only ones who will survive more than 5 minutes in a fair fight.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Are we not forgeting that Ratbat took Fort Max down? Or Buzzsaw and Omega Supreme? Or that the full force of Snarl's flame breath in Dinobot Hunt did little more that send Laserbeak to sleep?

Forget the tech specs, just based on the comic (cartoon? What cartoon?) the Dinobots wouldn't stand a chance against one cassete let alone all of them.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't see the Cassettes being able to do much more than disorientate and evade, to be honest. it's difficult to evaluate, because as you say, Soundwave and most of the tapes are too canny to ever be caught in an open fight situation against anyone they don't have a huge advantage over.

We can break it down and talk about the hardness of Buzzsaw's beak, but how much is he going to have to do that to Sludge before he even notices, let alone takes any damage?

Rumble could do some minor damage with his, erm, rumblers, but then Sludge at least could simply keep coming and tear him apart (I think it's fair to say he can resist that sort of thing seeing as it's one of his own powers).

I think even fully-functioning Overkill and Slugfest would be outmatched against, well, any two or possibly one Dinobot, in much the same way you wouldn't back Warpath against G2 Megatron.

Even taking a cartoon view, it's skewed in the Dinobots' favour. they may be stupider, but they seem relatively stronger, and the Cassettes come off even worse... Ravage, Ratbat, Buzzsaw and Laserbeak would lose the canniness of their comic counterparts, and some of the abilities, while the Dino-cassettes don't actually seem to gain any significant mass in their brief appearances, with the probable result that they'd all be dead in the first salvo... with Rumble and Frenzy (both relatively weaker in the cartoon, I think it's fair to say) and stupid ansaphone Soundwave against five unscratched Dinobots, well, it'd be messy.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
the Cassettes come off even worse... Ravage, Ratbat, Buzzsaw and Laserbeak would lose the canniness of their comic counterparts

When did Buzzsaw do anything remotely canny in the comic? Especially as you seem to be discounting the fact he can beat Omega Supreme in a one on one fight?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

His comic profile. Otherwise any talk of Overkill and Slugfest would be void, wouldn't it?
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
His comic profile. Otherwise any talk of Overkill and Slugfest would be void, wouldn't it?

Surely the fact Primacon considered them worthy enough to summon them as part of the team to take down his sun killing creation (as opposed to say, those Insecticons who keep poping up despite being dead) says all we need to know about their powers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Surely the fact Primacon considered them worthy enough to summon them as part of the team to take down his sun killing creation (as opposed to say, those Insecticons who keep poping up despite being dead) says all we need to know about their powers.

Which issue of the comic was that in?