[RID,UT] Most hated Optimus?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

HeavyArms wrote:Which Optimus is your most despised in all of Transformers?
For what ever reason it may be?
As a character? Beast Machines.
As a toy? 'Deluxe Class' Beast Machines.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

As a toy: The ultimate battle OP (classics 2-pack)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

:smack::smack:That prime was very good the only minor problems are that he had slightly poor flow in cab section because of his arms and the "calves" of his legs don´t have the ability to retract into the shins/boots

But he´s still a very great toy. In my opinion the classics battlepack prime is like a more cheaper version of anniversary prime that is affordable for kids
Omnicrus

Re: Most Hated Optimus

Post by Omnicrus »

Mine is the one from the anime where he's just a man fused with his truck. That's just not Transformers at all.
I am Omnicrus the younger brother of the Decepticon Black Nexus.
------
Avatar done by http://rezragnarok.deviantart.com/
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Omnicrus wrote:Mine is the one from the anime where he's just a man fused with his truck. That's just not Transformers at all.
You keep saying that... but...

He is a red and blue robot that transforms from a semi truck that looks like Optimus Prime and was released in the USA as Optimus Prime. That's Transformers.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

I was ABOUT to correct him and let him know that the character is really Gin Rai.. however, there is that god-awful dub out there, which is officially licensed, and does call Gin Rai 'Optimus Prime' for the entire run... so... I guess, in a way, he counts.
spaz2702
Protoform

Post by spaz2702 »

For me, it's Armada Prime all the way - no redeeming qualities whatsoever :down:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Worse than Fatimus? No way. Impossible. Armada may not be as bad, but still close. Auto transform? F*** you. Fat as hell? You're even worse.

CYB's S***load of firepower is good fun, and in the toon, the back of the truck didn't disappear. He sometimes used it as a two turret guns(well, cannons)

Doe revoltech prime count? I've got the Magnus version, and quite enjoying it.

Hey, Bludgeon: The ENERGON COMBINERS SUCKED! But the limbs were good. check the reviews for the aerialbot limbs. 8/9's overall if memory serves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Worse than Fatimus? No way. Impossible. Armada may not be as bad, but still close. Auto transform? F*** you. Fat as hell? You're even worse.
Fatimus was like.. what if Aramda Prime got a figure that the character DESERVED. :P
The Sleeper

Post by The Sleeper »

Armada Optimus prime does have a single redeeming quality... We get to see him blown apart and disintergrated... a fate that should happen to all primes.

And the worst prime was energon prime. What did he bother getting out of supermode if he was just going to use it practically every singel episode.

And why bother even having a supermode. Wouldnt u want to be as powerful as possible from the begining....
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

*looks at the fact that they are the same character*

Uh...

*looks at the convo*

Nevermind.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

For figures, RiD Prime is really quite fun. He looks right in pretty much any mode he's put in. Armada Prime redeems himself by being able to combine with Jetfire and Overload for a solid looking super mode (the trailer stinks). Energon Prime has actually grown on me! The normal robot mode is terrible, but I tend to pose him in super mode anyway. And I really wouldn't want to be kicked/punched by his driller unit! Cybertron Prime is awesome with Wingsaber attached for Sonic Wing Mode. As for the Optimus that I don't like, the dubious honor goes to Beast Machines Deluxe class Optimus Primal. Is anyone else reminded of Blok (I think that's it) from Shadow Raiders by this figure? See through body, skull-like face, not pretty in the slightest? These are all just my opinion, mind you.:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Re: [RID,UT] Most hated Optimus?

Post by Hot Rod Here »

Prime Prime and RID2 Prime. They can put the other OP to sleep.
Hussar_303
Protoform

Re: [RID,UT] Most hated Optimus?

Post by Hussar_303 »

Yeah, I didn't like the gorilla aesthetics of Optimus Primal either, I didn't buy the thing because of that; I like Transformers because I like the "machine" part, if I liked animal-themed stuff, I'd have become part of another fandom.