[RID,UT] Which do you guys prefer? Micromasters from gen 1 or the Mini-cons from Armada

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StarSaber C-324AD
Protoform

Which do you guys prefer? Micromasters from gen 1 or the Mini-cons from Armada

Post by StarSaber C-324AD »

i like the micromasters and i have quite a few in my collection as well, but i really like the mini-con aspect because of the fact that they add power and special hidden abilities to the tfs. What do ya'll think!!!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I like the minicons better too, but that's because they have more interesting transformations. Most look weird when put on other Transformers (bit like Scraplets sometimes)....
Scout

Post by Scout »

I like the minicons, but I liked the micromasters too. Even so, I guess I enjoy the minicons a bit more because there's more that can be done with them. :) and yeah, some of them do look like scraplets with clashing colors.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

I like the Micromasters best, although the Mini-cons are a novel idea, they just aren't appealing to me very much. Micromasters it is. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Micromasters are cool, but the minicons unlock hidden powers, which is an awesome concept. Although, I have to say the micromaster gestaults overshadow normal micromasters.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Weirdwolf and Monzo
... the Mini-cons are a novel idea, they just aren't appealing to me very much. Micromasters it is. :)

Novel idea? What about the Powermasters? They "unlocked" features too.
The idea isn´t that new, HeadMasters, PowerMasters, and others(japanese mostly) were quite similiar.

I think the Minicons are almost like Powermasters.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Novel idea? What about the Powermasters? They "unlocked" features too.

A Powermaster toy only "unlock" the Transformers transformations and didn't do anything else.

I like the Mini-Cons better the Micomasters
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I prefered the micromasters. They generally looked better, and the bases were really cool, and added a whole heap to the line that the minicons just don't have. The appeal of Armada to me is the Autobot and Decepticon figures, rather than the minicons, although they are great. Micromasters all the way.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
A Powermaster toy only "unlock" the Transformers transformations and didn't do anything else.

I like the Mini-Cons better the Micomasters

True.
What about Overlord? His Powermaster figures could also unlock additional firepower in robot mode.
Skyline
Protoform

Post by Skyline »

I liked the micromasters cuz they were cool and had cool bases, minicons.....well I hate the beeping they make in the cartoons, thats just dumb, and I have to say in some cases I hear they dont really do much ,some of the new TF's coming out look stupid/cheap. The reasons I like Armada is cuz the Deceps arent as stupid as the Preds in RID and its a new TF series otherwise if it wasn't Transformers I woulda ignored it.
Scattershot5683
Protoform

Post by Scattershot5683 »

I do like the idea of the mini cons, the only thing I don't like is that the larger TF's suffer from them. It's all cool that they have these hidden gimicks and weapons, but by putting all that extra kibble on the toy make the possiblity and Transformations suffer. The thing I liked most about the RID as they fact that they were vehicles and still pretty possible. Most Armada toys are greatly lacking in possibilty and thier transformations are to simple.

But when stacked up againts micromasters the minicons have much more inventive transformtions. :D
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I like the transformations of the minicons but prefer them in the comic, i never knew much about micromasters other than they were small and just THERE.
robosurgeon
Protoform

Post by robosurgeon »

the micromasters rocked!! i liked them cuz they were just tiny transformers

P>S i like minicons alot tooo
Spectre
Protoform

Post by Spectre »

The micromasters are better developed characters.
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain99 »

I'm a huge fan of Micromasters. Actually when I was a kid I was big into Micro Machines, so I'd use the Micromasters with the MM playsets I had even though the Micromasters were a slightly larger scale.

Minicons were good, but I felt like some of the robot modes were lacking.

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

But were you a fan ten years ago? ;)
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Micromasters.

They had their own vehicles and bases. Mini-cons activating some feature on a larger Transformer only meant that the latter was watered down somehow in terms of engineering just to accomodate the gimmick.