IDW'S Ghostbusters

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Patapsco

IDW'S Ghostbusters

Post by Patapsco »

Recently, and possibly inspired by the recent movie and also because the trades were available on the cheap I've binged through 90% of IDW's Ghostbusters output and it is excellent. Erik Burnham is very much like James Roberts in that he gets the characters and it feels at times like a subtle mix of the 84 movie and the 86 cartoon. Dan Schoening deserves special praise because he liberally dollops references to everything ghostbusters related in his artwork. Seriously, if you're a fan of the movies and the cartoon there are tons of little details in each collection which when you see them you'll go "Oh, I remember that!"
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Got this one ages ago -- http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_ ... lume_5_TPB

Fun enough, and I've considered getting the two big collected editions, but wasn't sure from that one whether it'd be a keeper.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

That's probably not the best trade to come in on, as you won't recognise at least two of the characters on the cover. But in what can only be an example of the love the artist and writer have for the source, notice the uniforms? Those are the ones from the RGB cartoon, while in the main book the original four usually wear the same colour uniforms as they did in the movie
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

And while I'm on the subject of "attention to detail" here's a thing:

there's a copy of the Sea Fright Real Ghostbusters DVD on the shelf, a Real Ghostbusters board game and Slimer carrying the same food he consumed in an episode of the cartoon which name escapes me. This is like geektopia for fans of this stuff