Any Visionaries fans here?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Any Visionaries fans here?

Post by Denyer »

They weren't really around long enough to have much of an impact, were they?

Neat concept though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... ory_newest
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

When I was a kid, I watched the cartoon and had all the (released) toys except the larger good guy vehicle: 11 figures, 8 staffs, and 3 vehicles.

I just checked my basement. I still have 9 figures, 7 staffs, and 3 vehicles. Some time ago, the rubber band that holds the lead bad guy's waist together broke, so I put in another one. I couldn't get it tight enough, though, so he can't stand.

I don't know if I'd be interested in a book, though. Sometime last year I got bored and looked Visionaries up online. I learned about the unreleased figures and was reminded about the show making the characters perform feats for some wizard to recharge their magic. That's probably enough Visionaries knowledge for me.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
AndrewDTurnbull

Post by AndrewDTurnbull »

I enjoyed the cartoon although I didn't have the toys, I did have toys from Tonka's version Super Naturals though.

Andy
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I have fond memories of having all the vehicles for one Christmas and my mother having to spend the whole day clipping them together and putting the stickers on.

The cartoon is by far and away the best thing Sunbow ever did as well, nice and post modern and genuinely funny in places as well.

I'm not interested enough in a book on the toys, but it does show the sort of niche thing Kickstarter can do very well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Tantrum wrote:I just checked my basement. I still have 9 figures, 7 staffs, and 3 vehicles. Some time ago, the rubber band that holds the lead bad guy's waist together broke, so I put in another one. I couldn't get it tight enough, though, so he can't stand.
I while back, I bought a lead bad guy figure for $10 at a comic shop. He didn't have his helmet or staff, but I still had those from my original. I put him on the shelf with the others, and all 9 looked fine. A month or two later, I notice some of them had fallen over. It turns out 5 more figures had developed the same problem as my original bad guy: the rubber band had snapped.

I'm assumming this is because that shelf is directly under a heat vent, which, being forced air, dried them out. I moved my 4 intact Visionaries to the garage for now.

I have Alternators and G1 reissues in the same room, though not in a direct path. I'm still a bit worried about the rubber tires, though I probably shouldn't be. I used to have my piano in that room, and the keys would stick because it was too humid.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Available free now (probably doesn't include postage):

http://www.punchpartypress.com/store/visionariesguide

Nice little curio, I think it was worth funding. :)
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

I know that it is kind of late saying this, but yeah, I enjoyed both VISIONARIES and AIR RAIDERS almost as much as I enjoyed TRANSFORMERS and VOLTRON - it's a shame though that both VISIONARIES and AIR RAIDERS were seldom advertised, underrated and/or underappreciated though. In fact, I remember getting just 1 issue of the AIR RAIDERS Star comic book series.
:devil: Image :angel: