what is the email adrees of the hub ?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
pegasusprime
Protoform

what is the email adrees of the hub ?

Post by pegasusprime »

Does someone know ? the reason is because i am trying to contact them to pick up thundercats for a second season, since cartoon network only want to air ben 10 , please help me i want to save this awesome show.
Sades

Post by Sades »

This might not exactly be what you're looking for, but their "contact" page was empty so this might be as close as you can get.

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/ ... relations/
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Do they show anything with non-Hasbro toys?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Hmm...can't see hasbro giving much of a fig about one of their main competitors properties.if the cartoon's not done well,makes you wonder if the toyline is also tanking.it seems to be shelf warming over here quite badly.if thats the case,then i can't see the whole kit and kaboodle being picked up (assuming ban dai give up the rights).its a shame,but then we are ten years on from the '80s revival which was arguably the better time to relaunch thundercats.
inflatable dalek

They did try and do Thundercats ten years ago, am I the only poor bugger who remembers the future sex slave comic?

I am aren't I?

Considering it was aimed squarely at kids not born till long after the 80's were a distant memory, the nostalgia thing shouldn't have been a factor. It was all new to them and stood or (and it seems to have landed more on this side) fallen on its own merits.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

Thanks, They show batman and they dont sell toys based on dec comics character, mattel does.
inflatable dalek

Is that the 90's Batman cartoon though? Because that doesn't currently have any toys in production. It's also a cheap schedule filler that requires very little expense compared to funding new episodes of a rivals show.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just one of the other US kids channels might be a better place to start.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

inflatable dalek wrote:They did try and do Thundercats ten years ago, am I the only poor bugger who remembers the future sex slave comic?

I am aren't I?

Considering it was aimed squarely at kids not born till long after the 80's were a distant memory, the nostalgia thing shouldn't have been a factor. It was all new to them and stood or (and it seems to have landed more on this side) fallen on its own merits.
I saw the comic but didn't pick it up. it sounds amazing...:sick:

I just wonder how much the nostalgia boom of the last decade influenced and drove some decisions and created a bit of a buzz around shows. I am thinking solely of He-Man and Zoids, which managed a respectable second coming and the former has now turned into what some fans wish Transformers was - a limited release of very expensive 'Classics' figures. I don't think Transformers was immune from this either, as the time was judged 'right' not only for a new comic, but a series of reissues too.

I just think Thundercats has missed the boat somewhat, which is a great shame as its a very well written and produced show. The toys are pretty neat too. It can't even riff off other fantasy genres in kid-orientated franchises like Harry Potter and Pirates Of The Carribean. That should be a strength, but its just turned out to be the latest in a long line of 'so what' US imports.

Interesting that Thundercats is another Cartoon Network airing that's not quite hit the mark. You'll forgive me for asking as I don't have CN, but aren't the majority of their cartoon shows more humour based, leaving stuff like Thundercats and even the halfway house of Transformers : Animated sticking out like a sore thumb in their schedules, and possibly not what viewers would be tuning in for? Just wondered if Jetix or whatever the hell its called these days would have been a better home? I've seen exactly one episode of Ben 10, so can't really comment on what makes that the runaway success it has been for CN. Stylistically, it seems to fit with the other shows on CN. Maybe its that thing of CN having a wildly successful action/ comedy/ adventure show and anything that mines the same terriroty - no matter how good or bad - is just seen as a pale imitation by kids.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:Do they show anything with non-Hasbro toys?
Yes. They show or have shown Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond and The Marvel Super Hero Squad at least in the USA.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Well, Batman :TAS was from 1992 and Batman Beyond from 1999 and neither of those have active toylines to promote (come to think of it, neither does the recent 'The Batman' cartoon, toys from which came and went with no one noticing). So Dalek's point about them being cheap schedule filler is correct. In fact, there's some tinpot cartoon channel i stumbled across whilst flicking through Sky thats still showing Batman Beyond.Marvel Super Hero Squad...isn't that a Fisher Price line and aren't they in turn owned by Hasbro..?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Skyquake87 wrote:Well, Batman :TAS was from 1992 and Batman Beyond from 1999 and neither of those have active toylines to promote (come to think of it, neither does the recent 'The Batman' cartoon, toys from which came and went with no one noticing). So Dalek's point about them being cheap schedule filler is correct. In fact, there's some tinpot cartoon channel i stumbled across whilst flicking through Sky thats still showing Batman Beyond.Marvel Super Hero Squad...isn't that a Fisher Price line and aren't they in turn owned by Hasbro..?
All DC toys are now done by DC Direct (or Mattel I forget which) and all Marvel toys are done by Hasbro.

They also show Dan vs., Goosebumps and RL Stine's The Haunting Hour.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.