What was your first anime?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

my first anime movie was i think the end of evangelion or some such stuff... second anime movie was read or die... and i quite liked that
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

My first anime was a REALLY strange movie-you'll learn why.

Because it was featuring G1 Inferno, and it was not a tf anime!

There were some kind of kids controlling him, some typical aliens with a huge spacecraft and robots to fight them etc. Inferno was alone, and was called King Phoenix.

In the end, after he defeated all the enemies, fire broke out on one planet and he landed there, transforming to car mode and putting it out.

Has anybody ever seen it?
megaflare
Protoform

Anime

Post by megaflare »

The first anime i ever really watched was speed racer i saw robotech for the first time shortly after. :smokin:
Phantom Starscream
Protoform

Post by Phantom Starscream »

I never watched anime untill Armada was shown at 10:30 at night on saturdays. Then,Inuasha came on. I watch that.

EDIT: I guess I did see DBZ first.
Signature by Fortmax
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

first i saw? Samurai Pizza Cats
first i enjoyed-Dragonball Z/Sailor Moon

will this do?
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

It's a long time ago...I don't know if it was DBZ or Pokemon but I remember watching Robotech with my brother when I was a little girl *'bout 6-8*

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Samurai Pizza Cats because they were on Saturday Mornings but i really like/Love (your Choice) Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, & Escaflowne;)
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

*makes a poor attempt to click fingers...it's true I can't click my fingers for some weird reason...*

Oh yeah I remember watching the Samurai Pizza Cats and Sailor Moon too...I was a big fan of Sailor Mercury...why? Because her colour was blue *my favourite* and she was the first Sailor Scout doll I had!!

Aah those were the good ol' days back at Primary School when the girls were into Sailor Moon...we used to play with our Sailor Scout dolls and I was always Sailor Mercury!!

:D

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

i was always Prince Diamond 'Cause i look like him (And i'm Male):D the only other character i could have been was Darien YUK!:D
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Yeah...the guys were more into Power Rangers than Sailor Moon so we didn't have any of the male characters to play...we all played somebody who we mostly resembled with personality (and dolls) take me for example: At Primary School I was often a shy and quiet person so that's why I became Amy (Sailor Mercury)!!

We got bored of it when we were in grade 4...when most of us hit double digits...:rolleyes:

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Thefallenone
Protoform

Power Rangers

Post by Thefallenone »

true with my mates we allways had a fight on who would be tommy i usually got tommy or Billy-cause i wore similiar glasses:rolleyes: Ah the innocences off my youth:D
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Yeah mine too...but we lost our youth earlier at age 10...:rolleyes:

Anyways I still have my Salior Mercury doll in my draws to remind me of my youth...:D aah the memories...they'll never die...unless you have a short memory span or is permanently an amnesiac...

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Blast-Off
Protoform

Post by Blast-Off »

Space Battleship Yamato, first movie.

But now that I think of it, I MIGHT have to go with "Alice In Wonderland"
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Reboot.:sweatdrop And if that doesn't count, Pokemon.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

The first anime I ever saw was Voltron. I love that Show. Saw TF first but dont count that as anime.

I also remember Tranzor-z. With the kid who flew the little plane thing into the robots head to pilot it, and the robot could shoot its fists at enemies.That was the one that had the charachter that was half man half woman right?

I also remember a show called Robotix. About humans who crash on an alien planet and find the inhabitants have replaced their natural bodies with robotic ones.

Does anyone else remember Tranzor-z or Robotix? No one I talk to does and I cant find anything available from either show.
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Come to think of it, I think it might be Robotech when I was about 4 or 5. Blame that on my brother who always went to the video store and hired them out and forced me to watch 'em

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Digimon. I think... Yeah, Digimon.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

I'm not sure... I was raised through the mid and late '80s so.... It was Thundercats, He-man, TF, GI Joe, and other cartoons that we watched.... first real anime? I think it was part of Ninja Scroll in Japanese class in 9th grade. After that, it wasn't until we got CN that my brother introduced me to DBZ and Hakusho, several years later. Since then, its been whatever anime I can see on CN, that isn't crap.... Like Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bebop, Trigun, maybe Inuyasha. Until Naruto starts on the 10th of September. I also recently got my hands on Ninja Scroll, and Akira. Haven't watched Ninja Scroll yet, but I loved Akira, though the manga is much better. (yes, I'm a 22 yr old girl who reads manga, and Shonen Jump. sue me)

Now, if only CN would start running Kenshin again.......
SixShot(UK)
Protoform

Post by SixShot(UK) »

A 22 year old girl that reads manga!!? Marry me immediatly lol

My first ever was Mazinger Z I still have the battered old tape here and look at it with much fondness think thats were my love of giant robots stems from.

We used to have a Video Van basically a mobile video store going back damm about 17 years!! (im getting old :P) and I rented Mazinger Z that many times the fella gave it to me.

lol "ROCKET PUNCH!!!"
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

hmmm i liked thundercats

first manga i saw was probably Guyver....no that ain't right i saw a manga movie wen i was young but i don't remembere the name but it was a cool movie thought but the first i realy remember is Guyver.