What was your first anime?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Well,rather sad to say,Digimon.Too young for G1 transformers,and never saw G2 at all.(Damn FOX!)I'm not sure if Power Rangers counts,but it was Japenese,with some reletive elements,and I was always the Red or Black Ranger,or whomever I thought was coolest at the time.Oh!TMNT!Loved the show!Almost forgot!
Alexis
Protoform

Does anyone know...

Post by Alexis »

... where I can find the dvds for SD Gundam Force? It aired on Cartoon Network 1 to 2 years ago.
:angel:Arcee and Hot Rod 4 ever!:angel:
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Series;Ulysses 31
Film;Golgo 13,the Professional
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

The first anime I saw was the Real Ghostbusters. That show kicked butt. I remember reading that the first two seasons of RGB as anime
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
Ice Shard
Protoform

pokemon?

Post by Ice Shard »

i dont kno my first anime but it was probably pokemon lol i dont kno if its classed as anime if nt itll b yu-gi-oh :eyebrow:

i saw digimon loved da program used 2 draw my own mosters that hav probably floated 2 the bck of my draw oh well. i dont kno spirited away is class tho :cool:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Given up. Got to join in. OMG - my first anime was MarineBoy!!! Anyone out there old enough to remember him, too? (Please.) Then you have to leap forward to the neutered version of Battle of the Planets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rodimus_Prime's girl

I also remember watching Transformers! That show was the best and it was also an anime(I think)...:)
TENIME_art
Protoform

Post by TENIME_art »

My first ever anime was either Sailor Moon or Ronin Warriors. I can't remember which came first for me. But whichever did, the other came immediately second!
Click to visit FANDOMANIA!!
Maximus Prime3
Protoform

Post by Maximus Prime3 »

man i love anime, i have seen so many so i don't know my first but the earliest one i remember is Dragon Ball Z
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Originally posted by Maximus Prime3
man i love anime, i have seen so many so i don't know my first but the earliest one i remember is Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z is the best! I do remember watching Voltron and Thundercats!
Silent Rage
Protoform

Post by Silent Rage »

The first one I ever saw was most likely Astro Boy. I was never really into it, though.

The first Anime that I was actually in to was, oddly enough, Sailor Moon. After seeing that, I was hooked onto Anime.

I'm not into it so much anymore. If the amount of Anime played on YTV that is on now, was on back when I was in High School, I would be in Heaven.
Zudo Bug
Protoform

Post by Zudo Bug »

I first really got into anime when I saw Legend of the Overfiend on the Sci-Fi Channel a few years back. I continued to watch the channels late-night offerings of anime before getting hooked on anime DVDs. The first anime DVD I brought was Najica Blitz Tactics which had some really dubious camera-angles in it!
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Cowboy Be-Bop =) and it's still my favourite! gonna get started on trigun soon too

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Vampire Hunter D, followed by Akira, and closely thereafter I recall Fatal Fury.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

I don't know if any of you remember this, but when I was in freshman in high school (1994), the Sci-Fi channel had just made it's way to our local cable provider. There was an anime marathon that showed Robot Carnival, Lensman, Vampire Hunter D, Dominon Tank Police, and Akira (I'm pretty sure that was the running order). Aside from the animation widely available (Transformers, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, M.A.S.K., Silverhawks, etc. along with the Disney films), this had been my first exposure to "anime." The presentation on the Sci-Fi channel was a big deal, as the narrator actually explained some of the history and impact of anime itself. Later, Venus Wars and Project A-Ko would air in a similar such segment, but it wasn't as big of a deal as the first segment. Regardless, I really loved how [most] things were handled by anime. I actually recorded hard copies of both of those segments to VHS and I'm really glad I did because I've not been able to get copies of films such as Robot Carnival on DVD or even a pre-recorded VHS copy.
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Cassrae
Protoform

Post by Cassrae »

aeon flux, on MTV... then DBZ. My first real anime is a tossup between Fushigi Yuugi or Trigun (i cant remember what I watched first) I havent watched an anime in english ever since.

And yes I remember vaugley watching Akira a million years ago... it scared me then, hehe.
Love is blind; Friendship closes its eyes
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by Cassrae
aeon flux, on MTV... then DBZ. My first real anime is a tossup between Fushigi Yuugi or Trigun (i cant remember what I watched first) I havent watched an anime in english ever since.

And yes I remember vaugley watching Akira a million years ago... it scared me then, hehe.

AH! How could I forget Aeon Flux?! Yeah, that was one of mine as well!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Cassrae
Protoform

Post by Cassrae »

that show was just beyond bizzare, my mother saw an episode of it once and when she realized what I was watching, took my TV for a month XD
Love is blind; Friendship closes its eyes
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Dragonball Z, I was addicted to it (until after the Cell Saga where I completely lost interest)

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Mine was Sailor Moon. Never did like it, but It's the first I remember watching... And then came the abomination that was Pokemon...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32