What was your first anime?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I know I saw Lensman waaay back as a kid, but still to this date I have no clue what it was about. IIRC, the guy had some thing on his had that made him special or something.

The anime I saw after that was The Guyver, which was awesome :D
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Springer85 wrote:The anime I saw after that was The Guyver, which was awesome :D
That was the second Anime I saw back in 1996 (I was introduced late into Anime).

My first would be the anime movie Akira back in 1995, damn that was just awesome. I still consider it one of the best anime's ever.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Does stuff like Ulysses 31 count?!

If not, then Ghost In The Shell. Anime isn't something I'm heavily into, but I have enjoyed GITC: SAC series 1 & 2 (also got GITC 2 and GITC SSS but have still to watch them after nearly a year). I've also seen Elfen Lied which I thought was great, and then I've got Witchblade, which isn't fabulous, but I'm enjoying. Its taking me a looong time to get through though.

And er, Battle Vixens. I'd like to say I'm embarrassed by that, but I'm not. Its a fun little show. I'm puzzled why its an 18 certificate though. Its not terribly violent and there's not much in the way of nudity/ sex.

I've also got Black Lagoon series 2 (i think thats what its called), but I've only watched the first episode, so I have no idea if its any good.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Laputa: Castle in the Sky. Still a fantastic film, and I think I owe a fair degree of my career and interest in the natural world to it, coupled with my love of machines and Japanese anime and manga.

I had no idea what it was called, and I never saw it for years after the tape broke, but my dad found it on DVD a few years ago and actually remembered it and bought it as a surprise for me! One of my most watched discs now!

Interestingly, the majority of people my sort of age working in my line seem to have seen Laputa about the same time, and it love it - I wonder if it has influenced a whole generation of ecologists / wildlife conservationists?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Man can't believe I haven't posted here

Well the response is quite simple the one the only Dragon Ball Z.
My first anime movie was Dragon Ball Z:Coolers revenge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Robotech. I didn't even know what anime was. Just that the people looked funny and their mouths moved after they were finished talking.

Roy Fokker died. I was just a kid at the time and it blew me away that an established hero character could die (it never happened on any other cartoon!), and there were touching affects on all the other characters. It left an impression I've never forgotten, that's for sure.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

TRANSFORMERS: HEADMASTERS