Batman: The Brave And The Bold recommendations?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Batman: The Brave And The Bold recommendations?

Post by HeavyArms »

Can any one recommend to me Batman: The Brave and the Bold to me?
Destruction is my specialty
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

If you're referring to the animated series then definitely not. Can't really comment on the comics though.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

If you can enjoy a more humorous take on Batman and the DC Universe that revels in nutty Silver Age concepts and goes out of its way to dredge up the most obscure classic plots from DC's 75 year history, then I think you could appreciate Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

It certainly has hands down the BEST incarnation of Aquaman (not a difficult competition, I know, but BatB Aquaman is awesome).

If you're expecting something dark, mysterious, moody and basically "Batman the Animated Series", then you may walk away disappointed. Regardles, BatB actually covers a lot of dark material, character deaths and some pretty heavy concepts to balance out the humor ("Chill of the Night" featuring Phantom Stranger, the Spectre and Joe Chill was fantastic).

The series gets better as it goes along. Season 1 Part 1 is currently on DVD, and while there are a lot of good episodes, the BEST episodes come from later in the series when the writers really start to hit their stride.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Ahhh so you gave it more of a chance than i did! I only caught the odd episode and I wasn't that impressed. That being said I am currently making my way through "Batman: the animated series" which is excellence incarnate!

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin: