Toilet Reading

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Prowl1984

Toilet Reading

Post by Prowl1984 »

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who likes to read comics on the porcelain throne so who else here does? what are your preferences? do you have a stack next to the crapper? I've taken to reading the IDW spotlight issues, nice, short, contained stories make them the ideal choice, plus spotlight Ramjet is an added bonus if you run out of toilet paper!

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Sades

Post by Sades »

You know what, I clicked into this, read it, went "... Uhh, what? Why?!?" Then realised that this must be what it's like to come across some of the random shit I've posted.

Nope, I'm in then I'm out. Reading material in a bathroom has always struck me as a little bit odd... I don't see "bathroom time" as a time to relax, kick back and crack open a book or a magazine. And when I see reading material in a WC, I usually avoid touching it.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Prowl1984 wrote:plus spotlight Ramjet is an added bonus if you run out of toilet paper!
Next time out, just open the thread by telling us you're insane and save us all some time.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

so no-one reads on the toilet? how about in the bath then? if i was insane i'd be asking what you read in the shower...unless of course it's the back of shampoo bottles

Hunter S.Thompson
Hound

Post by Hound »

I read whatever new comic or book I happen to have to read while I'm doing my business in the bathroom.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I wash my hands.

It'd be cool if I could put a TV in there though.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

ahh but then you'd be there for faaar too long. i often go with any new comics unless it's something really text heavy

Hunter S.Thompson
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Ermm I sometimes take a new mag in, but i only end up reading like a paragraph so I never see the point. Wouldnt want to take comics in and DEFINITELY dont read in the bath
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah, I note this is a man thread... Sades states the female perspective.

Isn't there a :locked: around here somewhere?

Or should that be ENGAGED?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I'm not adverse to reading on the toilet, but I'm a straight in and out man (It's a lifestyle choice *cough*), plus I find if I spend too long on the pot my legs fall asleep and the phone invariably rings and I have to stagger half naked towards wherever I left it, crippled in my circulatory paraplegia.

I alschoose not to 'sit' on the toilet, I crouch on the toilet like Toad from X-Men, much easier to evacuate that way, ever tried readin 'Roccet Raccon' issue 4 that way without falling off and taking the seat with you? Impossible! Not even Mignola's greatest work can imbue me with enough balance to avert disaster there...

No sir, I'm a Toilet Stuka, straight in and no messing.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I read on the toilet, every time I am dropping a deuce. And I often take way too long because I get caught up reading what ever it is. Toilet time is most certainly a time to relax and get away, because I have two kids, and this means toilet time is about the only time I get to myself!

I generally have a few TPB stacked on the back of the toilet, along with 1 or 2 of my favorite books. Typically you will find a Ghost Rider and/or Spiderman TPB and a few occult and/or philosophy books there. I have been known to read single issues as well though.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Clogs wrote:Ah, I note this is a man thread... Sades states the female perspective.

Isn't there a :locked: around here somewhere?

Or should that be ENGAGED?
nonsense! my girlfriend has actually bought books specifically for passing dookie, mainly random trivia fact books.

Hunter S.Thompson
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I hadn't read on the toilet for years, but recently I've been buying loads of random comics from my comic shops 50p bins. So I've read odd issues of Excalibur, Generation X and a long forgotten Marvel UK mini-series called Children Of The Voyager, which was actually suprisingly good, considering the majority of their early '90s output was derivative superheroics (ah, Death's Head, I still mourn over the witless hackery of Death's Head II)...