I PASSED THE CHALLENGE OF THE GOBOTS!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Cy-Kill and Fitor go sneak escape when there are another couple of dozen Renegades tearing the place up (how the Hell does everyone else escape anyway?)
They probably escaped by the Guardians not seeming to care. In the middle of this crisis Leader-1 finds Scooter and Boy have been transported to the Moon of Knowledge- which sounds like a nice safe place- and rather than just going "Well, that's a bit odd, we'll go pick them up later and ask how they got there" he takes everyone off to do a runner and go rescue them leaving the Renegades with the run of the prison.

none of the ancient news stuff makes any sense and it seems like the Guardians knew it all anyway but just didn't give a shit until they needed him, and so on...
I loved the bit where Leader-1 is all "This statue is supposed to have something under it that tells us where he went" as if it's some big enigmatic mystery only for them to blast their way into it in about thirty seconds.

That is literally Psycho's only line in the whole show, by the way.
But what a line! Plus he kills Leader-1 (that's about where I started too nod off so I have no reason to believe he isn't dead dead dead).
Cy-Kill doesn't even transform, he just crouches on a pair of wheels.
Hideous isn't it?

There was an odd bit where, after the rest of the show has been careful not to use the T word ("convert" seems to be the substitute of choice) you suddenly get "Transform" used about 5000 times in two sentences.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
David12
Protoform

Post by David12 »

I am sure, set voice: "My God completely crazy, " is just empty and boring. Some of the plot does not sound so bad, though. In fact, I really since 1999, the origin of the robot, so like episodes are interested in "and painted Celeron kill"sound like something I would like to see.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I want the Go-Bot that transforms into a Rolls-Royce.

I mean, his robot mode has a frikkin' TOP HAT. Transformers ain't got nothing on that shit.

They should reissue him with a new head sculpt that adds a monocle!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.wbshop.com/Challenge-of-The- ... lt,pd.html - it's actually happened, at least for the brain-melting first serial. Note the copyright text - I'd be curious to see what "all related characters and elements" means.

If this wasn't exclusive to revolting colonists I'd actually be pretty tempted - the remastered clip looks tasty, not to mention that the original mini's video release had a weird muted palette. Then again, that's $15 for 110 minutes of pretty poor television, even on relative standards. **** knows what they'd charge for the series.
inflatable dalek

It's certainly a better release than I was expecting (though it's a shame it's not the whole series, I wonder if this is a tester to see if there's enough interest to bother fully remastering the rest of the show or not?).
inflatable dalek

A massive necro-bump to show that Aunty Slag and I are not mental, as this clip from a 1987 episode of WACADAY with the return of (what one of the other clips on Youtube confirms is repeats of the first season) Transformers has Timmy Mallett mention that Gobots has "Bot'd Off".

Just in case any citation was needed.

And in answer to my earlier question, he did indeed have a catchphrase for Transformers: "Transformers! Transform!". Hmm.

Also amusing is how turned on by Michaela Strachan the uploader is. I mean, she's no Terry Nutkin is she?

Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I still have seveal of the Rock Lord toys and at least one of the Crystal Lords. Strangely I still like toys of Boulder, the leader of the good Rock Lords, and Nugget who reminds me way to much of Bumblebee and I often used him as Bumblebee/Goldbug's new body when I was playing them.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:A massive necro-bump to show that Aunty Slag and I are not mental, as this clip from a 1987 episode of WACADAY with the return of (what one of the other clips on Youtube confirms is repeats of the first season) Transformers has Timmy Mallett mention that Gobots has "Bot'd Off".

Just in case any citation was needed.

And in answer to my earlier question, he did indeed have a catchphrase for Transformers: "Transformers! Transform!". Hmm.

Also amusing is how turned on by Michaela Strachan the uploader is. I mean, she's no Terry Nutkin is she?

You know if merged David Tennat and Matt Smith, you probably would end up with a guy like that. :lol:
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

ahh Timmy Mallett. what a legend.

I may still have his book 'How To Be Utterly Brilliant' somewhere...

and Michaela Strachan! :) she does nature stuff now.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:You know if merged David Tennat and Matt Smith, you probably would end up with a guy like that. :lol:
I think the liner notes on Metrodome's DVDs for Transformers mentioned this guy, and not in any positive manner...I think I can see why.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

Never Watched Gobots but It does not look that good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Well, the actual TV series, as opposed to just the five-episode pilot, is now available on DVD - via Warner Archive Collection, which means it's burned on order on DVD-R instead of "properly" authored discs. But I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted the series already knows. I'm probably the only person who cares, but the old Police Academy cartoon series is also available in this manner.

The second volume is now available for pre-order as well tho. That might be news to some of you.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Tetsuro wrote:Well, the actual TV series, as opposed to just the five-episode pilot, is now available on DVD - via Warner Archive Collection, which means it's burned on order on DVD-R instead of "properly" authored discs. But I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted the series already knows. I'm probably the only person who cares, but the old Police Academy cartoon series is also available in this manner.

The second volume is now available for pre-order as well tho. That might be news to some of you.
Warner Bros seems to be doing a lot of those lately. Their reasoning is that older TV shows don't sell well and a lot of their shows might only appeal to small niche market. While that makes a certain amount of sense, the price on some of MODs are pretty high and the quality can range wildly from great-to-crap, no special features and no subtitles.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:and the quality can range wildly from great-to-crap, no special features and no subtitles.
Considering the alternative is VHS or TV rips, I'd say it's still an improvement. But yeah, considering they're DVD-R's, they're a bit overpriced.