What other cartoons/anime do you guys dig?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Today, I only watch Family Guy and the occasional Simpsons episode. As a kid? TFs, Duck Tales, GoBots (occasionally), etc.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. One of the best animes! EVAR! Anybody else agree?:cheers:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Oh yeah, how can I forget Nanoha?

It's like a bizarre combination between Sailor Moon and Super Robot Wars.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm really into Black Lagoon at the moment and really hoping Gunslinger Girl is just as good, let's face it, Revy is welcome change of pace from Naruto.
Destruction is my specialty
asuka 24
Protoform

Post by asuka 24 »

I've been collecting anime now for 23 years , since about 1987(way before you could buy it everywhere!!). Been watching it on and off just about all my life.

Back in the day, it was recording english dubbed stuff off tv, Renting and recording videos from the local japanese video store, buying bootleg tapes from comic book shops, and if you were lucky the bootleg tapes were good copies. in 1988 Streamline was dubbing stuff and in 1989 animego started subbing, and in 1990 Books Nippan's US Rendentions started subbing(in 1991, they started dubbing).

And it was hard to find fan subbed stuff back then, very few people were into it or did not own the equipment to do it with. I was never able to get hold of fan subbed stuff.

At one time I was a member of Books Nippan's anime fan club, and Mail order was one of the only ways to buy legit stuff. Then by 1994 anime was for sale everywhere. I saw anime go from a small shelf to a whole section and, even to whole stores that specialize in anime only!!!

It's amazing how things have changed over the years when I look back and compare then to now.

I could be here all day listing my favorite animes.

here are a few:

Mobile Suit Gundam (everything)
Macross (everything)
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
Lupin III
City Hunter and Angel Heart
Ghost in the shell (tv and movies)
Mobile Police Patlabor
Space Battlship Yamato series and movies
Dragon Ball, including Z & GT
Bubblegum Crisis OVA 1987 & Crash (wish they would have continued this story) still has the best vocal sound track of all time!!!
Akira
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ranma 1/2
Hakuto no Ken
Souten No Ken
Cowboy Bebop
The Slayers
Gallforce ova's
Tenchi Muyo
Death note
Gungrave
Gunslinger girls
Area 88 (tv and ova)
Robotech (used 3 animes to make the story)
Megazone 23 parts 1-3. I own the part 2 dub(done by Harmony Gold back in the day if I remember correctly) on a vhs recording tape.

Over the years I have seen a lot of good anime, and thanks to the interent with it's vast resources I've been able to buy and see a lot of good anime new and old with english subs.

to me now it kinda seems like the anime industry is slowly dying due to the economy. and the fact that a lot of companies were not listening to the fan base, but just buying every show in Japan that came out and trying to sell them(stuff that most people were not interested in).

They waste their time trying to blame all the fan subbers and downloads on the internet, but the truth it was their own bad marketing in my own personal opinion. Plus too they got ridiculous with prices. Why pay 30 bucks for 1 dvd that has only 3 to 6 episodes on it, when you can buy a whole show for 30 bucks on HK(Hong Kong) dvd. whether it was a copy of the R1 set or a R2 set with "Egrish subs"(subtitles that were translated from Japanese to chinese and then to English, normally with a lot of misspelled words, sometimes characters in stories were given Chinese names).

I did buy the Lupin III series 2 and 3 on HK dvd. 1 reason was that I was disappointed in the way Lupin III series 2 was released and the ridiculous prices of dvd's. The subs on the HK sets are almost perfect too.

I bought MS Gundam on HK dvd because the R1 release was english dub only, and I wanted to hear it in japanese with subs. the subs were decent,except for a few mispelled words and chinese names used. I bought Gundam Z on HK too because It was cheap and 2 I heard they messed the subs up on the R1 dvd's.

some real good memories and fun times over the years.

:swirly::p:D
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

[Cliffjumper]Please don't quote a giant long post if you're just going to tag two lines on the end[/Cliffjumper]

Yeah, I still've got to watch Ghost in the Shell! I am in love with NGE as well^^ Have you seen the Gundam00 movie yet?
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Yeah, I still've got to watch Ghost in the Shell! I am in love with NGE as well^^ Have you seen the Gundam00 movie yet?
I don't think the is movie even finished yet.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

HeavyArms wrote:I wish they would re-release X-Men Evolution on dvd. I got the first season and the first volume of the second, but there's nothing after that.
Thought I'd say that I've been watching it on Hulu. I'm on episode 39 currently.
I started watching it after I finished the second Inuyasha series( at least whats currently available).
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

HeavyArms wrote:I don't think the is movie even finished yet.
True, realised that one immediatly after I posted this dumbish uestion...
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I watch Adult Swim every night...too many to list that I enjoy. Tops are Futurama, King of the Hill, Family Guy, ATHF, Stroker and Hoop, Venture Bros., Home Movies and Inu Yasha. Oh and Big O...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I heart Dr. Tran. He's a REAL DOCTOR.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I wish they would re-release X-Men Evolution on dvd. I got the first season and the first volume of the second, but there's nothing after that.
Catalyst Dragon:
Thought I'd say that I've been watching it on Hulu. I'm on episode 39 currently.
I started watching it after I finished the second Inuyasha series( at least whats currently available).
Hey Catalyst, I checked Hulu but it is only available in the U.S, I tried to sign in using a United States address but that didn't work either.
Catalyst Dragon

HeavyArms wrote:Hey Catalyst, I checked Hulu but it is only available in the U.S, I tried to sign in using a United States address but that didn't work either.
Oh... Sorry! I tried:(

If I find another place that has it I'll let you know.

@ Sades: I can't go more than a week without showing someone I know Dr. Tran. LOL

HICKORY SMOKED HORSE BUTT HOLES!... From a cup.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Other cartoons I have mostly enjoyed: Batman Beyond, although out of the first three seasons, the first is the best. After that, its a slow slide into mediocrity, unfortunately. I'm plodding through Masters Of The Universe (the 2002 remake) which is great, other than those, just Ghost In The Shell and some other stuff I put in another thread...
leon47

Post by leon47 »

I like ren and stimpy that show was one of the greatest shows I have seen the writers where not afraid to take risks.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

'Rubber Nipple Salesmen' is one of my favourite episodes :D
Catalyst Dragon

I've been keeping up on Naruto Shippuden. just watched "Confessions"
Great episode, although I'm a little upset they killed Hinata.

also been watching this absolutly terrible english dub of Samurai X, freaking Irish accented Japaness cops...
leon47

Post by leon47 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I've been keeping up on Naruto Shippuden. just watched "Confessions"
Great episode, although I'm a little upset they killed Hinata.

also been watching this absolutly terrible english dub of Samurai X, freaking Irish accented Japaness cops...

Irish accented Japaness police you have to be kidding me that is something I thought I would never hear. Im I the only one who misses Samurai Jack that was another great show.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

A spoiler for Catalyst Dragon...

SPOILER! (select to read)
Hinata doesn't die, which is good because she is one of my favourite characters.