OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Ok, I'm up for Blaster, Galvatron, Hardhead and Skullcruncher. I'm also interested in Sentinel Prime but as Astrotrain because that repaint is obvious.

But I have one question for Hasbro: Where is Broadside? I mean, seriously, you've done the other five triple-changers, one has been done twice even, but still no Broadside, why?
Admittedly, I don't really care about the character, but it would be nice to finish off the core group though. That's my rant done.
Destruction is my specialty
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I really like the look of Galvatron, reckon I may spring for him. Cant quite see how the head master bit works with him though - the megs figure looks too boxy for the main toys head surely?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Red Dave Prime wrote:I really like the look of Galvatron, reckon I may spring for him. Cant quite see how the head master bit works with him though - the megs figure looks too boxy for the main toys head surely?
The voyagers and leaders have a helmet that goes over the headmaster. The helmets are springloaded, thus you can have him go for both helmeted and unhelmeted look.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Knightdramon wrote: go for both helmeted and unhelmeted look.
That's filthy ��
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Attachments
mousepoo.jpg
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Good find.

Poor pose, though. And why is Ratchet (of all 'bots) dual wielding???

The head crest should be a darker grey too, imo.
Wreck and Rule!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Poor pose, though. And why is Ratchet (of all 'bots) dual wielding???
Shuttle scene in the movie, as I recall
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Ah. It's a long while since I've watched TF:TM. Ta.

Still a naff pose though...
Wreck and Rule!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

's why I picked that one to attach.

It's like "all the things you're really unsure on about the Ironhide mould... now available in white!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That looks horrible. :( All the things wrong with the mold just stand out so much more in stark white. The Autobot symbols over the shoulder crosses is just the icing on the cake.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Just want to reach into the screen, detach the hip panels and move them up to plug the great big holes in the side of his torso.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I actually think the toy looks better in white, but yeah, those side views are horrid.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Just want to reach into the screen, detach the hip panels and move them up to plug the great big holes in the side of his torso.
My thoughts exactly.

That pose has just made me realise MP Ironhide is even worse than I first thought...

No danger of me buying either for a whole host of reasons though.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

When they do the inevitable red headed version we could just pretend it's after they separated him from Megatron?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Urgh. Realised that, hugely obvious flaws in the figure notwithstanding, if TT release a Marvel Ratchet with red helmet, white crest and plain white shoulders, I'll buy it. Bonus points if it retains the tools from this release. Extra bonus points if a figure of The Mechanic is included.

Question: Would just-had-a-heart-attack-Sparkplug come with Marvel Ratchet or with MP Jazz? :p
Wreck and Rule!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

There's also this whole situation.

I know he and Ironhide should be somewhere between the cars and Prime height-wise, that's fine. But way to make the cars look even ****ing smaller than we already think they do, guys.
Attachments
ratchet group.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:...way to make the cars look even ****ing smaller than we already think they do, guys.
At least they don't have hollow torsos. And look good. And are great. (Tracks and Hot Rod 2.0 excepted.) Unlike Ironhide and Ratchet.

I don't really care how big they are so long as they're good (and display well alongside the other MP 2.0 figures).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Actually meant it from the perspective that Ratchet's taller than he needs to be, which exacerbates the size disparity even more.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He is a bit lanky, given that from what I can remember from the cartoon (aka the T-T bible) they're only ever a shade taller than the rest, if that. Wonder if they're going for making the alt mode actual proper van-sized rather than the minivan of the original toys, which considering they made Bumblebee for robot mode scale (at best) is mental.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, it is a bit weird/sad that they try to make everything as close to the cartoon as possible no matter how little it makes sense. The 80's show is fine and all, but part of the lasting appeal of the visual aspect of the characters (and the desire to own merchandise thereof) for me is the designs themselves, not the cartoon made to promote them. Takara seem frequently oblivious to that.