OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I want to love this. I want to love this so bad. I really do, but I just can't.

Oh... and, blah, blah, obligatory comment about the helmet being the wrong color, blah. blah.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

What do people think the chances are of a comic-accurate edition being released? Cos ugly hip panels and odd scale or not, I think I'd have to get it then.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Flimflammery wrote:What do people think the chances are of a comic-accurate edition being released? Cos ugly hip panels and odd scale or not, I think I'd have to get it then.
Not very high, I think Grimlock's the only one who was blessed with a comic book deco?

Could always hope Hasbro does it, but their MP-9 doesn't give me much hope of that.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I think a different version of Ratchet will come down the line. TT have demonstrated that they're willing to do a few comic/different decos and sculpts down the line [G2 Sideswipe, G2 Bee, all the Streak repaints] so I would not rule out a comic Ratchet later on.

Looking forward to him. Definitely seems like a heavy release year thus far. :up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Wonder if they're going for making the alt mode actual proper van-sized rather than the minivan of the original toys, which considering they made Bumblebee for robot mode scale (at best) is mental.
This is the closest to a vehicle scale reference I've seen so far (unless there's one for Ironhide which I've missed, obvs)
Attachments
ratchet vehicle.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, that's huge. So that's about the size of an actual van compared to one of the cars, which is mental is they're suddenly going for alt modes matching in scale, or just that they've simply gone mad. It's actually better scaling to MP-10 Prime but I've made peace with that one and it was best to just keep on the same tack...
Knightdramon wrote:I think a different version of Ratchet will come down the line. TT have demonstrated that they're willing to do a few comic/different decos and sculpts down the line [G2 Sideswipe, G2 Bee, all the Streak repaints] so I would not rule out a comic Ratchet later on.
Yeh, Sideswipe is a full-on comic retool; they could have just redeco'd the mould if it was a toy homage, so it's a clear sign that someone working on the line knows and likes the comic enough to push for such opportunities. Aside from that no-one yet's really had a comic counterpart that's been all that different - doubt Oddly Brown Bluestreak would have been a seller. The only slight problem is that T-T seem to be doing mainly redecos that are significantly different from the original; just a red head would be pretty small time compared to what we've seen so far, especially as the effect could be easily created by what would be a very, very easy bit of home redecoing.

I'd prefer him to have a red head but then I thought I'd prefer Red Alert with a black one until the thing landed so I'm keeping open-minded.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Weird to go for vehicle scale now, after throwing that to the wind in favour of robot scale with MP Bumblebee...

That said, Ironhide in particular varies in size throughout the cartoon. Sometimes he's almost the same height as Prime (a head shorter or so) and others he's a head taller than the cars. However, I think he's more often the latter.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

So anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes between Shockwave hitting retail and someone recreating That Marvel Comic Cover?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

First "in hand sample" review.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:First "in hand sample" review.
I was thinking more in terms of hours and minutes.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Before it hits retail.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And in a twist that absolutely everybody should have seen coming, next year's "supreme class" figure appears to be Titan Wars Fortress Maximus.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/13/tita ... led-305250

Imagine, a Fort Max with actual joints. Excuse me while I have a celebratory cup of tea.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm more surprised it doesn't look like he's just Metroplex with a new removable head.

Or Alpha Bravo with a new removable head.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

The removable head is probably a remould of Rook.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Looking pretty nifty. If I can put Perfect Effect Warden on as the head, I'm sold. (If not immediately compatible surely someone will release an adapter kit?).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If that means anyone's getting shot of a Cerebros, I might be interested.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

inflatable dalek wrote:Or Alpha Bravo with a new removable head.
I got a snicker at this idea. A massive blown up Deluxe to Supreme class. No change in transformation or articulation. Like some weird Chinese knock off sold officially in stores.

Of course it's not like Hasbro hasn't blown up smaller figures before into new size classes...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:If that means anyone's getting shot of a Cerebros, I might be interested.
Possibility.

:)

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool, keep me in mind if you do. :)

Plex is my citybot of choice and I think works well with Infinitor, Evil Lord and WSTs. Great to see Hasbro trying the Titan Wars concept though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here comes Runamuck!... and Dogfight, too.

Cute use of the molds. Not really fussed about them enough for import prices, but I like the small-and-simple tributes to Runaboutamuck.