OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Primal's looking nice and stuff, but I'm not sure about those elbows.
Kind of unsightly, yeah. It's one of the things that most needed improvement on the original toy, but unfortunately the CGI model followed the toy in that regard.
Skyquake87 wrote:I think I prefer the original Primal toy, tbh.
Same here. The new toy looks like it'd look better on a shelf, but I don't think it's edging the original on anything else, and the original has a ton of accessories and wacky play features to its credit.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clear colour pics of Unite Warriors Bruticus.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/09/new- ... cus-309274

They've made the feet the same colour as Brawl and Swindle, as per the animation model. That's awesome.

Shame the feet are still the terrible CW ones, but hey.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Bruticus looks pretty cool :) Not sure I need another though. I'll be waiting for LioKaiser.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Skyquake87 wrote:Bruticus looks pretty cool :) Not sure I need another though.
Well just don't buy the Hasbro version th- you've already done it, haven't you?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I may go ahead and spring for the UW Bruticus as well now, even though I've already got the Hasbro limbs, do some mix and match, and re-purpose the other guys. I'm not a huge fan of Brawl's "I"m SO ANGRY" face, but it's not like you can see it when he's a leg anyhow.

Other then that, looks good. I'm -really- digging that Swindle and that Blast-Off. Up until now the decos haven't been the deciding factor, and I wasn't too bothered by Blast-Off being a jet but that's a pretty decent looking CW style shuttle they have there, and with that Swindle, yea I may go ahead and get this set.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Well just don't buy the Hasbro version th- you've already done it, haven't you?

ha, no. I've got the G1 version. And G2 one. And the three uses the mould got around the time of RiD. That's probably more Combaticons than anyone needs.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... Blast1.jpg

Clear pics of a Blast-Off. Looks stunning.
Come on and wind me up.
numbat

Post by numbat »

UW Bruticus does look very nice indeed... What are the odds of a G2 repaint?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

numbat wrote:UW Bruticus does look very nice indeed... What are the odds of a G2 repaint?
The West are getting a G2 Bruticus (pictures are already out there), but it uses the Hasbro jet Blast Off rather than the shuttle (Boo!)

Hopefully the floppy waist issue on the tank mould gets fixed!
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ryan F wrote:Hopefully the floppy waist issue on the tank mould gets fixed!
Didn't look like it from the pics...
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Hound wrote:Didn't look like it from the pics...
I'm not sure you can really tell from the pics? Brawl's waist is always going to look a bit shonky due to how it's designed, but there's a little tab in the midst of all that, which is supposed to hold it all together but isn't very secure.

I was just wondering whether they had tightened that connection or not.
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Whispers (with photo) of possible Tracks with faceplate version;

http://tfsquareone.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -face.html
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

More things showcased---[all artwork at this point]

The "was anybody NOT expecting this?" Astrotrain repaint out of Sentinel Prime with a new headmaster.

Full image of a cool Alpha Trion. Looks like he turns into at least a lion [might be a triple changer depending on size class]

Blurr and Scourge [both a bit too rectangular for my taste]

Jet mode of Brainstorm [retool of Blurr] and just his robot legs

Computron boxset artwork, 6th member is a retooled and/or repainted Cosmos as Scrounge. Looks like a groove repaint [from UW Defensor], Dead End repaint, one of the jets [Firefly? Air Raid?], a retool of Brawl with a drill and Scattershot. Unsure of the point of the individual Scattershot release...

Appears to be a nifty line, plenty of interchangeability between all the figures so far.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://news.tfw2005.com/conventions/toy-fair/

Hasbro do seem to have taken the restrictions toy production now functions under and still managed to knock things out of the park -- another Metroplex size figure in Fort Max, lots of Headmasters stuff, some fairly logical mould reuse sets with Unicronian Decepticons and Junkions even whilst you've got Scourge showing up in the Headmasters theme (looking a bit Cyberman-ish)... I think a lot of it's painted prototypes at the moment, but you can see how it's coming together. Really quite impressed.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/13/toy- ... ges-309696
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/13/tita ... ges-309970
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/13/tita ... ges-309996

Also quite a funky RID Windblade...

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/13/robo ... ges-309968

I think I might crack on that PM Prime even if the inevitable Japanese version doesn't have more black guns. (edit: Looking back over source material, I'm not sure how it's imprinted so strongly that PM Prime had black shoulder cannons... must be the hand guns I'm remembering.)

Hopeful that FP's Highbrow still gets released, but I'm a bit sceptical they'll do more than the six at this rate... it's too close a size category. MT are more differentiated.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I guess the Rewind is just available with Blaster? Shame, I'd be up for the tape but don't like Blaster enough (there's just something...odd about him) to to justify it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Rewind's his own dude. Neither of the tape deck leaders comes with a cassette.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for the headmaster guys. Most of them look great, and Mindwipe in particular has some crazy stuff going on with his leg/wing transformation.

My uncle's old Powermaster Optimus was my first Transformer so I'm in for that update.

Fort Max looks pretty great, but between Metroplex, Devastator, and the upcoming Trypticon, he's too much space for a toy I own half of already.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Chromedome from CW Dead End is both cool and a bit lame...this is the mould's 6th deco so far, ignoring the Japanese versions! :lol:

Fort Max looks and sounds great, but didn't Metroplex have issues where the ratcheted knees could not really hold his weight? Wonder how that will counterbalance the heavier head. In two minds about him, nowhere to display it even if I get it!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Mindwipe is more impressive than I expected. I'll struggle not to get him and Skullcruncher for nostalgia reasons. Likewise PM Prime although I'll wait and see what Takara do with him first.
Knightdramon wrote:didn't Metroplex have issues where the ratcheted knees could not really hold his weight? Wonder how that will counterbalance the heavier head. In two minds about him, nowhere to display it even if I get it!
Really? My Takara version of Generations Metroplex seems fine. I play around with him often.

Fortress Maximus is a heavier retool than I expected. Loving the robot and cruiser modes, but feel the base misses something without the skyscrapers... Still, looking better than I expected. It's likely I'll get some version of him. Still hoping there will be a way to use Perfect Effect Warden as the head.

Displaying these huge figures is definitely an issue. I usually have either Metroplex or UW Devastator out on filing cabinets in the corner of my study, but can't have both out at once. Same with Year of the Snake Omega Supreme (with Maketoys add-on kit). I imagine Fortress Maximus will join the rotation.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Titans Return looks excellent.

And by excellent I mean a decent range of toys that I don't really fancy the look of. Meaning enough other people should buy it to fund some stuff that I will like. So yay.

Not even keen on Fort Max. There's just something about the general aesthetic that's putting me off, and I can't really put my finger on what it is.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I like the look of Mindwipe and Chromedome. Blurr looks good too, but...its Blurr. Scourge looks good in alt mode, but I'm not sure about his Telebug head...I'm guessing that's 'cos he's a Headmaster too now..?