IDW Solicitations - November 2008

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

IDW Solicitations - November 2008

Post by Halfshell »

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=12006
The Transformers Spotlight: Blurr
Shane McCarthy (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Coller, Trevor Hutchison (c)
It was a time before the Great War, and Cybertron was experiencing the end of its Golden Age and was in desperate need of heroes. Instead, it found itself with celebrities, the greatest of which was Blurr. But change is swift, and Blurr was faced with a decision that could send Cybertron into its darkest age.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime 3-D Edition
Simon Furman (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Ray Zone (3-D effects) • Thomas Hoon (c)

Re-presenting Spotlight OPTIMUS PRIME in glorious full-color 3-D! Get ready to see Prime in a way you never have before! To those under his command, he is an island, forever stood apart, aloof. In times of dire personal crisis he has no one to turn to… save one. Guest-starring OMEGA SUPREME!

FC • 32 pages • $5.99

The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #5
Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Guidi, Trevor Hutchison (c)

The AUTOBOTS make a shocking discovery on their home planet of CYBERTRON that could be their greatest hope, or their worst nightmare. This is an issue of startling discoveries as a secret is revealed that will shake the foundation of the AUTOBOT cause and a brand-new TRANSFORMER makes his first appearance!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Animated: The Arrival #4
Marty Isenberg (w) • Dario Brizuela, Boo (a) • Marcelo Matere, Josh Burcham (c)

BULKHEAD is up in arms (or is it servos?) over a gas-guzzling “megavan” created by corporate slimeball Porter C. Powell. Also, DECEPTICON bounty hunter LOCKDOWN searches for “the AUTOBOT who put MEGATRON offline” and stumbles into a surprising and dangerous encounter along the way.

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream TPB
Chris Mowry (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne (c)

When MEGATRON falls in battle, STARSCREAM assumes the role of DECEPTICON leader on Earth. Mustering his surviving allies, he sets out to put his own plan in motion. But before he can do that, he’ll need to retrieve a fallen comrade, carry out a plan of revenge, and leave the Earth to meet up with a major player in the DECEPTICON army. Picking up where the film ended, “The Reign of Starscream” also reveals the fates of other surviving film characters, as writer Chris Mowry and artist Alex Milne present a tale of intrigue, betrayal, and dark ambition featuring both old and all-new TRANSFORMERS characters.

TPB • FC • 136 pages • $19.99 • 978-1-60010-282-0

Transformers Best of the UK: Time Wars #4
Simon Furman (w) • Dan Reed (a) • Dan Khanna (c)

A clash of future and present day threatens to tear apart the fabric of time itself! In this penultimate issue, GALVATRON teams with MEGATRON to take on the combined might of the Autobot WRECKERS and the Decepticon MAYHEM ATTACK SQUAD!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Still minimum Dinobots. Hrm. Interesting.

I hope Prime Redux comes with those kewl glasses.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Not sure if I'll bother with the re-print of the Prime Spotlight... 3D is kind of a cool idea, but it would have been nice if they had picked a better issue to do it in. I guess they had to go with Prime since he's the flagship character.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's also packed full of robots-twatting-each-other goodness (well, I say goodness, I mean more two robots in tensed poses dropped into one frame on Photoshop, seeing as IDW seem to have some sort of house rule precluding fight scenes from being dynamic), and drawn by Dreamy Don. That's both checkboxes for marketing old tat at fanboys.