Auto Assembly Stuff

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Auto Assembly Stuff

Post by inflatable dalek »

Slim pickings this year, but the main stuff from the Furman [and others]:

The 13 is "Definitive until something else comes along", which seems fair to me. It will include about four or five pre-existing characters, with The Fallen and Vector Prime being mentioned, and some new characters, some of whom will reuse old names (later in the panel when asked about Japanese characters he mentioned some takara names might be reused, not sure if this is related).
It will tie together various continuities, including the film, mostly though the use of the Fallen.

Furman hasn't read All Hail Megatron, has had little contact with the writer and now considers Shane to be the "Main" TF guy.

Though things have shifted and changed Maximum Dinobots ends pretty much as he'd planned two years ago.

Staz didn't like working on the comic until, very late in the titles life, he saw one of the toys for the first time and was blown away by the box art. The well remembered (by some of us) painted covers he did in the last year or so of the comic were inspired by the desire to produce stuff like that box art.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:Furman hasn't read All Hail Megatron, has had little contact with the writer
No reason he should. It's Chris Ryall's job to make sure everything ties together, after all.
Though things have shifted and changed Maximum Dinobots ends pretty much as he'd planned two years ago.
No reason it shouldn't, et cetera echo echo. Seriously, though, Ryall's problem if the continuity flubs. Worst case scenario, IDW stands for "It Doesn't Work!".
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:No reason he should. It's Chris Ryall's job to make sure everything ties together, after all.

No reason it shouldn't, et cetera echo echo. Seriously, though, Ryall's problem if the continuity flubs. Worst case scenario, IDW stands for "It Doesn't Work!".
Oh sure, just repeating what the guy said. He seeemed genuinely unfussed by someone else being the main guy now, I suspect the chance to just get on with his own little side projects is more appealing to him, he did describe 13 as likely being the last "Major" thing he'll write for IDW, with it being mostly Spotlights and smaller focus arcs from now on.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

inflatable dalek wrote: He seeemed genuinely unfussed by someone else being the main guy now, I suspect the chance to just get on with his own little side projects is more appealing to him, he did describe 13 as likely being the last "Major" thing he'll write for IDW, with it being mostly Spotlights and smaller focus arcs from now on.
Crap. CrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapCRAP. This had been my favorite continutity. Well, at least he's still there somewhat?

And, so you're there, eh? Met Clogs and Marty and people?
inflatable dalek

LKW wrote: And, so you're there, eh? Met Clogs and Marty and people?
Met Clogs, and shock hands with someone called Rob (no idea who you were Rob, but hi!) and apparently Optimus Kids walked past in the background. Didn't see Marty though. I'm most proud of the drawing Staz did for me of Prowl (though if anyone ever goes to a convention he's at get him to do an Octopunch, one I saw earlier in the day was stunning). Sadly Central News didn't deem to interview me for my insight. Though to be fair, it did look as if they weren't just going up to the weirdest looking cosplaying people for the sake of a pisstake feature, which makes a change.

Other stuff:

Wildman considers himself "retired" from Transformers work now and wants to concentrate more on other things.

Issue 7 of the Titan comic was supposed to be drawn by Simon Williams, but he had to pull out after pencilling a couple of pages (one of which was sold at the charity auction), almost excusing Boo's shockingly awful stuff in the issue proper. Speaking of unreleased stuff, the unpublished UK Armada issues would have changed the comics format to make the strip 12 pages long.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Smacks himself repetedly for missing the convention.

Ow!..... sigh
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Wildman considers himself "retired" from Transformers work now and wants to concentrate more on other things.
Wildman is considered unwanted by Transformers work now and has to concentrate more on other things. Yeh?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Just got back in the house as we stayed an extra night(damn Ive missed t'internet)
I am pretty sure I saw you Dalek as(I think) I recognised you from a thread on here with your photo but I didnt want to come over in case it wasnt you and I looked a dick.
Met Clogs tho' and shes even nicer in real life than she is on here which I didnt think was possible.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

martyboy70 wrote: I didnt want to come over in case it wasnt you and I looked a dick.
Do you normally let that stop you?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Ah yes this is what Ive been missing for the last 3 days!!
Bite me Halfshell
inflatable dalek

Lucky you didn't come over, I was suffering from an insanely bad beer they served me at the bar for most of the day.

I missed the start of the Bumblebee panel due to Staz, so can't be 100% sure he didn't reveal some awesome behind the scenes stuff. From what I did see though it was worryingly like a less sordid version of the stuff at the convention in that Man to Man episode...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Yeah I got a pretty nasty pint from the bar as well.
Dan Gilvezan didnt reveal a great deal.Think he might have been keeping it back for the autograph table where it cost £5 a go to speak to him.
inflatable dalek

Really? I got a brief chat and a autograph for no charge (though he was selling pics at the table). Must be my amazing personality. I could probably charge people to meet me. With the exception of Staz I didn't really bother with autographs this time as I've got most of the signers there before at one point or another, though I did get Furman and Wildman to add their scrawl to the copy of the script for US#80 I picked up.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Here's a video interview with the Furminator.

Really seems like a decent bloke. :)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 08-165533/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Well, I shook hands with Dalek (where did you go thereafter?), got my Alt Wheeljack and a Coke off optimusskids, and stood next to martyboy and realised just how short I really am... And got to meet Mrs martyboy plus young Cuteness himself :up:. (And martyboy is being overkind. I am evil, really.) Met up with people I first met in 2006, which was nice.

I even tidied up Mr Furman's TPs, which were all over the box. I might add there that I was a volunteer and Mr F didn't seem to mind at all.

I'll just endorse what Dalek has revealed here. Mr F was pretty frank about bits'n'bobs, but revealed very little. Ditto the rest. Dan Gilvezan was a great speaker; I got his autograph free on the Convention card showing Bumble and Spidey which were, now I think about it, an appropriate couple of roles!

Didn't actually buy much, but did walk round going 'got that; got that; want that but I can't afford it; and 'oh, yuk, no Beast Wars for me'. Got one of those exclusive 'Killing Joke' covers for the All Hail Megatron! series. Won the fiction comp.

Oh, I received two invites: to join TFW2005 and TF.net. I have. Heh, I'm a whore...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Clogs wrote:Well, I shook hands with Dalek (where did you go thereafter?),
You walked past me at least three times after that. Mostly I was keeping to myself after I started feeling dodgy tbh. My one question at the Furman panel probabky sounded like a angry Nazi officer...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

inflatable dalek wrote:You walked past me at least three times after that. Mostly I was keeping to myself after I started feeling dodgy tbh. My one question at the Furman panel probabky sounded like a angry Nazi officer...
You should've nudged me. I was probably seeking Scraplet1 who had disappeared and last been seen holding a rather large dart gun... again...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Just watched the Furman interview, very nice stuff (and the host has a good technique, keeps it informal and fun without becoming the fawning fanboy, a hard trick to pull off).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

I'm in two photos! Ok, only in the background but my ambition to be on the BBC has been fulfilled. Might as well retire now. Annoyingly I forgot to check the Central news tonight to see what their coverage was like...