Universe out in UK?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

glazios wrote:*Edited to avoid further sarcastic remarks at my expense. You're not helping to make a bad day any easier here, guys.
Welcome to the Archive.

I live in KY, on a farm basically in the middle of nowhere. Only place to shop for TFs is a lone Wal-Mart. It's just a hobby and a bunch of toys, mellow out some, for the love of Primus.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Back on topic some, I went in yesterday and did the whole "can-I-look-at-what-you-have-in-all-these-ranges-please?" thing. Thankfully it wasn't too busy, so the nice chaps were obliging.

They only had Prowl and Sunstreaker in deluxe; yes they look good, but I've taken the desicion to get my universe deluxes in the henkai (from bbts.com, other websites availabe). Generaly, it costs the same to ship two as it does to ship one, so I order two, and when they get here, sell the other on ebay (other auction sites available) to pay for the shipping and a bit of the first. That way it minimises the cost, I get spiffy chrome detailing on my classics, and some other lucky blighter gets a henkai without stupid shipping costs (deluxe henkei's go for less than 20 quid, which is enough for me, and still a bargain for someone else). its a bit of a process, but at 13 pounds for a regular deluxe, it dosen't actually work out that much more expensive.

Anyways, back on track, Argos still have the stuff they were selling off from the last catalogue. Picked up a Thundercracker and Rescue Ratchet for less than 8 pounds each, and a Leader prime for 14.99. Nice! technicaly they also have alternator wheeljack at 5.99, but i've only ever seen one in the last month of constant checking (and I bought him)

also, the activators are less than catalog price, around 3.50, rather than 4.99. They only had bumblebee, but at that price, you can't go wrong, and it is rather cute.

and the guy behind the desk couldn't pronounce 'activator'. "ak-TIV-i-tour", apparently.

didn't check the ultra and oyager universe stuff, as i haven't compared henkai to western or the ones i'm after. just blades at this point, although i'm sure powerglide will also feature.