IDW Solicitations - October 2008

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

IDW Solicitations - October 2008

Post by Halfshell »

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=11928
The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #4
Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Guidi, Trevor Hutchison (c)

As the world systematically falls before the might of the DECEPTICON army, the AUTOBOTS are left stranded on their home world of CYBERTRON. Crippled and slowly dying, the AUTOBOTS desperately struggle to keep a semblance of order in their ranks, all the while completely unaware they’re being hunted.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Animated: The Arrival #3
Marty Isenberg (w) • Dario Brizuela, Boo (a) • Boo, Marcelo Matere (c)

OPTIMUS PRIME and his crew clash with a new female super villain whose high-tech heels can slice through anything—even AUTOBOTS! Also included is an untold tale of RATCHET’s tour of duty in the Great Wars where the young field tech must wrestle with his decision to treat a wounded DECEPTICON.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Transformers: Armada, Vol. 1
Chris Sarracini (w) • James Raiz (a & c)

Get ready for one of the wildest Transformers rides from the past! The DECEPTICONS, feeding off the energy of captured MINI-CONS, are about to begin a hostile takeover of the Transformers home planet, CYBERTRON. Do OPTIMUS PRIME and the heroic AUTOBOTS stand a chance of defending the planet? This long-requested tale is finally back in print!

TPB • FC • 136 pages • 6.625” x 10.187” • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-267-7

Transformers Movie Prequel: Saga of the Allspark #4
Simon Furman (w) • Boo, Staz Johnson (a)

From across the pond comes a special presentation of the U.K.-only TRANSFORMERS movie comics! These special stories, set before IDW’s all-new Movie Sequel, are penned by TRANSFORMERS stalwart Simon Furman, and feature art by some of the best and brightest in TRANSFORMERS history. This issue: STARSCREAM leads his mindless militia, and IRONHIDE loses control.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Best of the UK: Time Wars #3
Simon Furman, Dan Abnett (w) • Jeff Anderson, Andrew Wildman (a) • Dan Khanna (c)

A clash of future and present day threatens to tear apart the fabric of time itself! RAVAGE and RODIMUS PRIME enter the fray, and it’s Autobot vs. Autobot as Fortress Maximus seeks to avenge the “death” of Optimus Prime.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Transformers: Best of the UK: Space Pirates
Simon Furman (w) • Dan Reed (a) • Robby Musso (c)

When a space-time rift materializes near the Quintesson home world, its merciless warriors set off to establish a new home planet—and their target is CYBERTRON! Space Pirates continues the IDW series of reprints of the very best Transformers epics from the United Kingdom.

TPB • FC • 136 pages • 6.625” x 10.187” • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-268-4

Art of Transformers
Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, Ed McGuiness, Alex Milne, E.J. Su, Andrew Wildman, Ashley Wood (a)

The Art of IDW’s Transformers collects the best, and some of the rarest, artwork from IDW’s run of Transformers comic books into one oversized trade paperback. Celebrating the achievements of the many artists who have left their mark on the material over the years, The Art of IDW’s Transformers collects the most memorable work from series such as Beast Wars, Generations, Infiltration, Spotlight, Escalation, Stormbringer, and Evolutions, and splits it up by artist to give an unprecedented look at the impact of talents like MD Bright, Don Figueroa, Guido Guidi, Bob LeFevre, Marcelo Matere, Ed McGuiness, Alex Milne, Robby Musso, James Raiz, Nick Roche, Rob Ruffolo, Klaus Scherwinski, E.J. Su, Andrew Wildman, and Ashley Wood have had on the ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.

TPB • FC • 216 pages • 8.25” x 12” • $24.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-256-1
Minimum Dinobots. :(
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Here's hoping I can get a hand on the art book.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Arrival is sounding pretty good. I hope the Ratchet back story isn't too short.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I have high hopes for Arrival. Although they might consider using less human characters. I hate them.

AHM better be good by issue 4.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blackjack wrote: AHM better be good by issue 4.
I'm worried by the fact that plot description makes it sound as if it could follow straight on from the end of issue 1. Hopefully it's a case of them being deliberately vague in order to preserve teh awesome shock twists rather than the comic having no plot whatsoever.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well, according to this report from Comic Con:
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=11939

Spotlight Cosmos is going to tie AHM into The Ascension. Which means it's no longer in continuity, so we don't have to worry about buying it anymore.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Halfshell wrote:Well, according to this report from Comic Con:
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid ... emid=11939

Spotlight Cosmos is going to tie AHM into The Ascension. Which means it's no longer in continuity, so we don't have to worry about buying it anymore.
Ok, I may have missed the memo, but what the hell is The Ascension about?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It was IDW's second BW mini. Set in the BW cartoon continuity, and therefore irreconcilable with the IDW G1verse.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Halfshell wrote:It was IDW's second BW mini. Set in the BW cartoon continuity, and therefore irreconcilable with the IDW G1verse.
Plus it was bad.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

But still head and shoulders above Morigin.

[EDIT] Wait, it was The Ascending wasn't it? I'm guessing that's what they mean, given it's the Ascension was the main plot thrust.
inflatable dalek

Or it could be talking about something that happens in Revelation we don't know about yet perhaps (it's not unlike Furman to reuse words and phrases after all)?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's possible it means the Expansion. After all, the article does seem to be written by somebody who's got no idea what's going on.
inflatable dalek

Hmmm, considering they talk about The return of Starscream that's more than likely.

I'm curious about the thinking behind giving Scarlette a big wobbly pair of tits and a overly manish face (her jaw is squarer than mine).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Maybe they're "reinventing" her as a post-op.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Halfshell wrote:It's possible it means the Expansion. After all, the article does seem to be written by somebody who's got no idea what's going on.
It's Comic News International. What do you expect?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Halfshell wrote:It's possible it means the Expansion. After all, the article does seem to be written by somebody who's got no idea what's going on.
That would make more sense. Trying to fit a G1 SL with the BW universe could get very confusing. Not saying it couldn't be done, but would make more sense if this article was referring to something in the main continuity yet to come.