First review/gallery of Universe Classic Deluxe Acid Storm in and out of packaging

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

First review/gallery of Universe Classic Deluxe Acid Storm in and out of packaging

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I must say I love this review and the mold. I think it's funny how people who don't own the mold or this toy are giving negative feedback.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

This looks awesome! I wish I had Skywarp, though...Maybe the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack will be re-released for Universe like the Deluxe Prime/Deluxe Tank Megatron 2 pack was...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

I like the mold (I have classics Starscream) and Acid Storm looks pretty good. But their are others in the Universe line who'll take priority over this fella.

The camo works better than I thought I would. I always find that a toy looks better in person out of the packaging than it does on the shelf anyway so if I saw him i'd probably give him a go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I do like the colours, he might be on my list, but I've got a starscream and Skywarp, and Ramjet do I really need another of the same mould.
Maybe if I can find him going cheep I think!
Does look good!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

I'd buy it if the vertical wing didn't crack when the horizontal wing is moved.:\
Steam: Hot Shot
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

secretcode wrote:I must say I love this review and the mold. I think it's funny how people who don't own the mold or this toy are giving negative feedback.
I dunno.. I like the mold, a lot, and the scheme's okay, but I would have been MORE enamoured if the character choice meant something. He doesn't look remotely like the green rainmaker, and looks a LOT more like Wingstun ... if they had given him that name and Bio, I would have appreciated the fan-wank an awful lot more.

As it is.. meh.. he's another 'nobody' in a Classics 2.0 that's getting more and more filled with nobody repaints - which is one thing that killed off the LAST version of Universe.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I don't have the Classics Seeker mold (or any Classics figure other than Jetfire/Skyfire:(), so if they don't re-release the Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp 2 pack, I may pick him up. I really hope this line lasts longer than the last Universe and Classics lines did. Classics seemed to be over almost as soon as it began, and Universe "died" just when the molds were starting to get interesting (the molds from lines before Armada and Energon, especially Beast Wars. I wanted a Universe Rampage...:().
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I don't own this mold, and it looks alright, but I've never wanted it enough to pay online prices. May give in and pick it up eventually.

If not, I will be able to experience the mold when I buy the Ultra Magnus & Skywarp two-pack, which I WILL buy eventually, because I refuse to use Classics Optimus Prime with the Ultra Magnus trailer/armor kit...which I will ALSO buy eventually. I mean it.