First Images of Animated Legends & Universe Storm Cloud & Treadbolt

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

First Images of Animated Legends & Universe Storm Cloud & Treadbolt

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... lt-165230/

These images were in the just released issue of Previews Magazine. Previously unannounced figures included Legends-class Animated Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Prowl. Although shown/mentioned at BotCon 2008, the general public now also has its first look at Storm Cloud (Universe Powerglide repaint). Also this is the first public look at the just revealed Universe Treadbolt figure.

The Animated Legends look simply amazing in my sincerest opinion! Must buy!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

...hm. I had almost thought that Activators were going to replace the Legends class for the Animated line. Prowl looks a little questionable but otherwise, I'm sold.

That Treadbolt...the vehicle looks great but those colors don't do it for me in robot mode. Though, I'm still pretty pissed at how I missed Classics Jetfire the first time around. I remember going back to Wal-Mart the very next day after I saw one and finally thought, "Yeah, I'd better pick this thing up", and it was gone. The last one I ever saw on store shelves. So, I'll either end up getting Treadbolt, or paying closer to $40 or $50 online for Jetfire, because now I want him BAD.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Gareth_Infinity wrote:...hm. I had almost thought that Activators were going to replace the Legends class for the Animated line. Prowl looks a little questionable but otherwise, I'm sold.
I was unsure on that one during the movie line until I saw them. If anything Activators replaces the Scout Class.
That Treadbolt...the vehicle looks great but those colors don't do it for me in robot mode. Though, I'm still pretty pissed at how I missed Classics Jetfire the first time around. I remember going back to Wal-Mart the very next day after I saw one and finally thought, "Yeah, I'd better pick this thing up", and it was gone. The last one I ever saw on store shelves. So, I'll either end up getting Treadbolt, or paying closer to $40 or $50 online for Jetfire, because now I want him BAD.
I've had the same problem as well with both Jetfire AND Megatron. I dig this color scheme, but Universe is going to suck my wallet dry enough as it is, and I'm probably going to skip most of the repaints. (Except Blaster and Ratbat)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Ahh, Scout class. A slight boost in size compared to what I thought certainly would increase their appeal to me. And, now that we're talking about it, have their been any sightings of Activators in stores yet?

Universe isn't going to do to my wallet quite as much as Animated is, I don't think. The most appealing Universe things to me at this point in time are the Wave 2 Legends figures. After that, the Dirge & Roadbuster set would be great because I have had my eye on both of those molds for a good while, especially that Seeker mold, and I really like those colors. The Evac mold, which I also do not have, looks much better as Springer, plus I already have and like Sideways, whose Ratbat colors look sweet. Lastly, as I said before, I will be actively seeking those Legends 5-packs; I have all the "Special Team Leaders" molds but the new paint jobs are awesome, and the "Aerial Rivals" set is a must-have because I love the Legends Seeker mold, and it contains two molds I haven't yet got my hands on. I've already spent $80 on Animated, and have another $100 planned out. Another $40 if Leader Megatron wins me over once I see it in person.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

secretcode wrote:I've had the same problem as well with both Jetfire AND Megatron. I dig this color scheme, but Universe is going to suck my wallet dry enough as it is, and I'm probably going to skip most of the repaints. (Except Blaster and Ratbat)
You should get to perth. I can't get away from CLA Ultra's, and they're all on sale!
Gareth_Infinity wrote:Ahh, Scout class. A slight boost in size compared to what I thought certainly would increase their appeal to me. And, now that we're talking about it, have their been any sightings of Activators in stores yet?

Another $40 if Leader Megatron wins me over once I see it in person.
Seen and got Activators in Hong Kong TRU. Stuffed with them. In fact, i managed to getenough to make a seeker set.

Oh, and carry $40 with you at all times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I already have Powerglide on pre-order, but I wasn't aware of Storm Cloud repaint. I propably have to get that as well, original Storm Cloud micromaster having lots of nostalgy value for me. :glance:

Europeans might want to check Archonia's preorder prices for Universe Ultras, propably mistakenly too low price at the moment (~19 euros per toy).
http://www.archonia.com/index.php?page= ... 21&slide=5
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

I like Tread Bolt probably better than Jetfire. The arms are darker than the body, and more shadowy. That might help to visually "hide" the arms in jet mode better.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Stormcloud looks pretty awesome. He would've really rocked in the same blue as the Cobra Rattler.
Shield Strike
Protoform

Post by Shield Strike »

Bumblebee looks fab! Are the activators going to be the same sort of price as the movie legends does anyone know?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Shield Strike wrote:Bumblebee looks fab! Are the activators going to be the same sort of price as the movie legends does anyone know?
Real Gear and Scout class. I thought I said that...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I thought basically everyone said that. ;)

However, in Hong Kong, they were priced the same as the Legends 2-Packs, so they might be 1-2 dollars short of scout class pricing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Activators are $7.99.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.