Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Seacons Images

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Seacons Images

Post by Ackula »

http://actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-259403.html

First images of Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Seacons Snaptrap and Nautilator have surfaced over at ACToys. These guys appear to have retained the color schemes originally intended for the canceled store exclusive release, and as we can see by the purple Decepticon logo, they are not going to be part of the Shattered Glass story.
Attachments
seacon2.jpg
seacon.jpg
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Official preview for Skalor up at the Club website now.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

"Though doubt may be imperfect, my stench is not."

:wtf: What the...
Steam: Hot Shot
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Why the Seacons? Honestly.. never understood their appeal.

The RID Railbots... yes, definately a group that could come back. Heck, bring back Tripredacus as Violen Jiger or something...

But, the Seacons, and not even the cooler pirate team?

oy.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Whose got white paint and a skalor here? Coz' that would work nuch better as Rippersnapper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TFVanguard wrote:Why the Seacons? Honestly.. never understood their appeal

IIRC, I think it's down to them and the Combaticons for surviving moulds from the 1980s combiners (or at least ones which wouldn't require a lot of work, I forget the details). And considering the Combaticons have been reissued 143 times, they wouldn't make a very good Club Exclusive (not that these guys do, but at least everyone doesn't own three versions already).
numbat

Post by numbat »

I actually am liking these giuys.

But I doubt very much I'd ever waste large sums of money on them, when there are better figures available at retail.

And, yeah, let's have a RID Railracer repaint or something! (Not as if Universe / Classics aren't throwing the odd repaint out in the line... Oh! Wait! Bad idea! They could ruin them like 'Treadbolt'!)

(Was playing with the Bullet Train Team the other day... I never get tired of 'em!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Make it a gift-set, swap the blue and the white (and pretend the colors like purple and yellow simply do not exist), and I'm sure the Railbots would do fairly well as an exclusive somewhere.

But.. the seacons? They weren't even popular when they first came out. I know, I know, I'm ranting. But this is one of those things where the wiigii crowd got the club's ear entirely, I think.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Railbots would work nicely as an exclusive, rather than retail (where the whole "no-one outside of Japan is /that/ interested in trains" thing comes into play, like with the RiD release). Combiners that manage to work without cheat pieces are always worth the love. Unless they're Build King, he was a piece of shit.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

There's a lot more they could do though. The Aerialbots are still in decent condition. I have heard that the other scramble-combiners are pretty much worn out or missing.

But, honestly, I would rather seem some decent and 'serious' retoolings of the Energon combiners. Let's get Computron out here, or - heaven forbid - something really fanwanky like Liokaiser.

Ah well.. just wishful thinking. I just feel like that Savage got it right once, and seems utterly out of sync to get it right again.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:(Was playing with the Bullet Train Team the other day... I never get tired of 'em!)
:up:
Cliffjumper wrote:The Railbots would work nicely as an exclusive, rather than retail (where the whole "no-one outside of Japan is /that/ interested in trains" thing comes into play, like with the RiD release). Combiners that manage to work without cheat pieces are always worth the love. Unless they're Build King, he was a piece of shit.
If that's RID Landfill, yeah, basically. Would get a meh from me though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Landfill isn't horrible, but he's not that great either. I'd love to get the Team Bullet train set, or even the Seacons! Heck, I'd take just about any Gestalt set I can get!:D (except Bruticus. I already have RiD Ruination) However, I wouldn't join the Collectors Club for this set.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Landfill's pretty weak, but, well, we got the two repaints of him that make sense... what would be left for the figures? We got the unified 'yellow team' version, and then we got the 'Devastator' version already.
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

yeah a JRX redeco would be sweet, especially if they could work Raiden's color scheme into the set as a nice G1 homage.

and for my money you can never have too many bruticus redecos! Eight and counting! plus KOs! (can you tell hes my favoritest combiner ever?) :swirly:
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

toyworks wrote:and for my money you can never have too many bruticus redecos! Eight and counting! plus KOs! (can you tell hes my favoritest combiner ever?) :swirly:
It would be REALLY tricky to do Raiden's colors, since there's twice as many bots in Raiden and a much more varied palette. The arms would be difficult, as one is beige and the other dark green, for instance.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd like to see them have a go, mind. Might be one of those ones where you just leave him combined at all times...

But yeh, I don't see how it'd be feasible without being so far from Raiden as to be pointless. The trusty Sixliner mould as Raiden might be a goer, though.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New photos of the Seacons.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... acons.html

(wasn't able to find the original source)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

numbat

Post by numbat »

Ok. They're actually looking awesome.

I wonder if they'll be at all affordable without being a club member...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've always had a soft spot for them, especially dear old Snap Trap. There'd probably be more appeal to me if they were in the original colours though.