Japanese Classics Astrotrain in final colors

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Japanese Classics Astrotrain in final colors

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hmm. Astrotrain looks quite strapping in his grey suit. I like it a lot. Looks less plain that way, I think.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

This is the only Jap Classics toy i want. The rest are boring.

Space Choo Choo looks much better in his original colors.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Very very nice. Makes you wonder why Hasbro didn't do this.
glazios

Post by glazios »

I have to agree; Astrotrain looks a damn-sight better in his original colours.
That there picture makes the Hasbro original look like a KO in comparison. Hasbro may have layed groundwork with the figure design, but the Japanese line has the monopoly with the original colours; the Classics look better this way, period. Screw realism in terms of colour - it's Transformers, they don't have to be painted realistic.

I NEED to have that figure... Anyone know a release date/how much TakaraTomy plan to retail it for?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Once again Takara ftw. I think that all of their classics look much better in comparison to the Hasbro ones.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Nope, not for me. The grey just kind of all melts together and doesn't make the purple and black highlights pop out like the white does. I like the white one much better (which is good since I already have it!).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . grey's a bit less in your face, but I don't particularly like the mold (it's about the only one I thought really struck out), so dropping Japanese prices really doesn't make sense.
numbat

Post by numbat »

The Classics Astrotrain mold is terribly underrated - it's really brilliant! Although I have to go with the Seekers as a fave, the fact is Astrotrain is a better mold. I really like both colourschemes, and am rather tempted to double up and pick up one of these Takara releases if I can find one at a reasonable price!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

hello everyone!

ooh, this looks nice.:)
''Every experiment needs a guineapigatron!''
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

That's one yummy Astrotrain repaint. It is a brilliant mold, as numbat says, and deserves this outing. I have the white and now need the grey. Drat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

I find space choo choo's mold to be one of the weakest from the line. He just doesnt look that great in bot mode. Train mode is wierd, best mode is space shuttle mode which isnt that great either.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yeah, the grey looks much better. Unfortunately I can't justify dishing out the price it takes to import Takara toys, so I'll have to settle for my Albino Classics Astrotrain.

And I agree with those of you that like the mold. The train mode is a little off, but the shuttle and robot modes are great.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Well Im clearly in the minority here and usually like what Takara do with a lot of stuff but ME NO LIKEY.
Ive never really liked the Classics Astrotrain mold as to me its kibbletastic- a space shuttle with half a bullet train on each wing or a train with a train wreck of mangled plastic at the rear end.
'Bot modes nice tho' and he still has his BFG.
Someone said screw realism but they are "Robots in Disguise" after all so a little realism goes a long way.
By coincidence I got the Jap reissue G1 Astrotrain I won at the weekend in today and just looks so much better in all white compared to my Hasbro version with purple and black all over it.
So to be honest Id have neither but if forced Id take the Hasbro Classic
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Dammit, I want.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Missed out on the Classics when they came out here, so I'll probably get this. Really like the color changes.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I almost never import Transformers. Domestic versions are easy to get, cheaper and usually every bit as good to me as the Takara releases, but this Astrotrain really looks good. The train mode has better detailing and the colors look great.

I am not in the camp that thinks this Version is superior to the U.S edition, as I like white Astrotrain just fine, but it is very good looking. Maybe Import worthy...maybe...
Come on and wind me up.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I just don't like the gray and white together. If it was all gray, maybe. As it is, it sort of looks like two toys slapped together. I like my whitey.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Notabot wrote:I just don't like the gray and white together.
Can't disagree with you on that. I've always been a fan of cartoon Astrotrain's colour scheme, but on this guy the white just jumps out and overwhelms all the other colours. If they'd used a light grey (maybe the same shade as his gun is cast in*) or even the same dark grey as most of the body he would look a lot better. I don't think the overall look works as well on the mold as Hasbro's white, black and purple deco did, though.

*If nothing else, this version of the toy deserves credit for having a rifle that's not cast in dark purple. Especially when it's such a nice weapon to start out with.