Spotlight Grimlock info thread | UPDATE: 5 page preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: I don't mind it being late or anything, if not for all the "two Spotlights in March!" promo stuff. :-/

Putting that in the promos really was asking for trouble wasn't it?

Nice stuff art wise, even if Agent Red seems to be turning into Richard Nixon in a few places...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Can't say I'm too surprised that Skywatch fouled up. But, I guess there wouldn't be much of story there if they managed to contain Grimlock, and they've had him long enough anyway. Still looking forward to this, regardless if the preview doesn't give me much to go by. Also nice to see Shockwave again, even if it is during a segmented flashback. I sometimes forget he's even part of the picture since we've seen so little of him in the last two years (or has it been longer than that?).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

zigzagger wrote:I guess there wouldn't be much of story there if they managed to contain Grimlock
Mmm. My main concern is getting Grimlock out of Skywatch hands, out into the open for his confrontation with shadowy mystery figure from the cover, and wrapping up whatever... all in the 17 remaining pages. Sure it'll be done no prob, but I fear it'll feel segmented.
Also nice to see Shockwave again, even if it is during a segmented flashback. I sometimes forget he's even part of the picture since we've seen so little of him in the last two years (or has it been longer than that?).
Spotlight numero uno was in September 06. :)
Terome

Post by Terome »

Looks like cracking stuff.

So... are the Transformers public knowledge to the world or not? I am getting nervous.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Man this looks sweet. the 5 page preview has some great writing.
Come on and wind me up.
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

Wow, those preview pages got me hyped up. That looks like a solid spotlight. Just alil confused on whether the Transformers are known or not. Here they bring out that their presence is public knowledge because of what happened in Devastation and most likely Escalation too. But in the 8 page preview with the intro of the Constructicons, no-one seems to know about them. One chic even asks if this is some movie. Is that an error on the writers part of AHM about them being known?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: "Hnn. Me have teeth again. Wonder why they chrome this time....."

IDW Grimlock: "Because I got an endorsement from Coke."

Grimlock: "What? Why human soft drink maker give you endorsement?"

IDW Grimlock: -holds up a 200 liter bottle of Coke, strikes a vaguely dramatic pose, launches into spiel- "After a hard day of crunching Decepticon brain casings, fighting Shockwave, and spending 4 million years entombed in volcanic basalt, I find that Coke is not only a great pick-me-up, but it really cleans the corrosion out of the ol' grille."

Grimlock: -sighs- "This whole post setup for that joke?"

IDW Grimlock: "You bet."

Grimlock: -snorts- "At least Me not need to dress up in psew... spew.... fake dino skin."

IDW Grimlock: "Didn't you have a pretender shell until fairly recently?"

Grimlock: "Not my idea. Not to worry, though. It not happen again. How you think Archer get job?"

IDW Grimlock: "You ate his predacessor, didn't you."

Grimlock: "What make you think that?" -shrugs- "Besides, him too greasy. Fed him to Slag."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Aardvark

<------------------

Post by Aardvark »

Perhaps you should stick to the RPG.
Blaster

^^^^^^^

Post by Blaster »

Stupid post was stupid.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I was going to quote your post there without adding anything to it in a wonderfully witty manner, but then I'd be taking this thread off the rails and into the guttervark -- with hilarious results. ;)

[:o]However even with all these delightful winking post icons flying around I feel I should point out to anyone out there on the Interweb who thinks I was being serious in my previous post that I was jus' jokin' around. Y'know, in case the world is insane. Or something. Go team![/:o]

So instead I'll post something vaguely on-topic:

Aside from the purse grabbing motion the only gripe I have with those preview pics is, as Jack Cade of the IDW boards pointed out, "Agent Red and his Chief Scientist exchanged exactly the same sentiments in Devastation #6. You could have cut that page out and had Ironhide rescued instead!"

Sometimes I don't know if the reoccurring dialouge is intentional or not.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I can see the "missing page" now....

Ironhide: -sitting in a pile of junked cars- "Ya know, I have to wonder why they didn't take one look at my, admittedly mangled now, van body and drag me off wherever they took 'Streaker...."

Hot Rod: -streaking by, with Sunstreaker clones in hot pursuit- "It's a plot hole?"

Ironhide: "Could be a trap."

Hot Rod: -fishtailing around another pile of scrapped cars- "That, in itself, was fairly obvious."

Nameless Clone driving lackey: "For all you know, we could be reverse engineering him right now!"

Hot Rod: "Probably not. You guys seem to like sports cars, not conversion vans."

Ironhide: "Gotta say, though, that given the aftermath of that explosion, I'm probably in the dire clutches of whoever's got the Dinobots."

Hot Rod: -hitting the brakes- "Of, for the love of.... All right, Furman! That's it! No more '24' for you! I don't even know where I am anymore!!!!!"

Ironhide: "You're in a junkyard on Earth, looking for me- I'M RIGHT HERE, BY THE WAY!!!- and being chased around by somebody who likes Lamborghinis way too much."

Hot Rod: -transforms, scowls- "We could just say we got here too late, you know......."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Still no.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Heinrad wrote:I can see the "missing page" now....

Ironhide: -sitting in a pile of junked cars- "Ya know, I have to wonder why they didn't take one look at my, admittedly mangled now, van body and drag me off wherever they took 'Streaker...."

Hot Rod: -streaking by, with Sunstreaker clones in hot pursuit- "It's a plot hole?"

Ironhide: "Could be a trap."

Hot Rod: -fishtailing around another pile of scrapped cars- "That, in itself, was fairly obvious."

Nameless Clone driving lackey: "For all you know, we could be reverse engineering him right now!"

Hot Rod: "Probably not. You guys seem to like sports cars, not conversion vans."

Ironhide: "Gotta say, though, that given the aftermath of that explosion, I'm probably in the dire clutches of whoever's got the Dinobots."

Hot Rod: -hitting the brakes- "Of, for the love of.... All right, Furman! That's it! No more '24' for you! I don't even know where I am anymore!!!!!"

Ironhide: "You're in a junkyard on Earth, looking for me- I'M RIGHT HERE, BY THE WAY!!!- and being chased around by somebody who likes Lamborghinis way too much."

Hot Rod: -transforms, scowls- "We could just say we got here too late, you know......."
This leaves one question. Where is Wheeljack who supposedly found Ironhide? =|
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Thats an easy one. Wheeljack was buried under some wrecked cars by one of the streaker clones. Just so happened that Ironhide was in that pile.

What? You gotta better idea?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... k-a-go-go/

Looks like Scorpy puts Mach Kick's head in somebody's bed...