UPDATE:Transformers Animated at Licensing Show 2007 (pic of Prime) + Autobots

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

It is premature to judge this wacky drawing, but it's isn't great.

Prime has gloves on. Uhg.

But one thing no one really seems to be happy about is that as weird looking as this is, it is G1 OPTIMUS PRIME. Doesn't that put a smile on anyone's face?
Come on and wind me up.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

But.. I don't recall asking for G1 Optimus Prime... particularly not one thrown into the Marshall Law universe. :P
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Not interested nor impressed in the animation style personally. The vibe I'm getting from this, is that this show will be clearly aimed at young kids. Us old farts will get movie line and possible "Classics" style toylines.

Transformers is becoming such a wide spread property that I'll be surprised if many people have time and/or money to follow all aspects of the brand. I know I won't have. I'll propably stick to comics and occasional toy I find interesting for my TF "needs". :)
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Young kids will watch anything these days.Even a crappy Prime,No offense Ackula.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I find it ironic that, after years of fanboy whining about how Japanese can't make Transformers cartoons, this is what we get.

The extreeeeeeem look is so 90's. I bet they're actually Actionmasters and get around on skateboards, too...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

wow....

that's just wrong....
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Skidmark
Young kids will watch anything these days.Even a crappy Prime,No offense Ackula.

Maybe you took my son's quote out of context. It was not an excited exclamation but one of unbelief.

Let me take down another level for you and spell it out. My 7 year old also thinks it sucks.

So..no offense taken ;)
varitechfighter
Protoform

Post by varitechfighter »

It's got like a dexter's lab thing going it worked for star wars clone wars barely (maybe cause they blew the prequal movies out of the water) but I dont't think it's a good style for Transformers. Although I'm morbidly curious to see what the toys look like.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
But, like I said, the 'camp' that thinks that everything 'next year' is always the most awesome thing ever

You know, you've said this twice now, and I honestly can't think of anyone who has ever uttered anything of the sort.

Or are you just intent on making generalizations about anyone that doesn't necessarily share your myopic world view?
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Dead Man Wade
You know, you've said this twice now, and I honestly can't think of anyone who has ever uttered anything of the sort.

Or are you just intent on making generalizations about anyone that doesn't necessarily share your myopic world view?

Oh no, there's a ton of them hanging out on Allspark... I would PREFER not to name usual names, but it's a very regular crowd that has shown the exact same behavior for every single toy WAVE since Beast Machines came out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Oh no, there's a ton of them hanging out on Allspark...

Then go sort it out there, it has no relevance to anything going on here. In fact, bitching about other boards is something strongly discouraged here (not to mention pretty cowardly).
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Ew, kill it, kill it.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Then go sort it out there, it has no relevance to anything going on here. In fact, bitching about other boards is something strongly discouraged here (not to mention pretty cowardly).

What he said.

*looks at quote*

Cliffjumper said that?! *dies*
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by varitechfighter
...Although I'm morbidly curious to see what the toys look like.

Strangely, it's supposed to be the cute little 'bots coming out in two packs that are appearing eg on e-Bay. It's that artistic lack of perspective again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper said that?! *dies*

Heh, gotta love irony.

My comment wasn't really designed to bitch about other boards.. just about the nature of this fandom in general. It always seems like every matter of opinion is turned into tribal warfare as soon as someone dares to mention their opinion.

We've already got the obligatory post of 'please don't be that guy' on this board to illustrate my point.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Clogs
Strangely, it's supposed to be the cute little 'bots coming out in two packs that are appearing eg on e-Bay. It's that artistic lack of perspective again?

The two lines aren't actually related. They never were. They just got confused with some pre-release info about this 'mysterious new line of toys called Robot Heroes' and the knowledge that a new Transformers series was coming out.

As far as I can tell, there never was ANYTHING that indicated the new show really ever was going to be called 'Heroes', and was instead fan meshing. I could be wrong.. but I can't find anything.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

So, anyone think the trade image preview doesn't look nads?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I wish they would ask Todd Mcfarlane to make a very edgy, very detailed, and awesome Transformers tv show. Spawn the cartoon rocked (off topic, but rewatched it recently and was agasp at the animation style), and i feel like he honestly should do a version of the cartoon, like Simon Bisley did the more adult comics for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! i am sick and honestly tired of this cheesey crap, i loved Clone Wars and Samurai Jack styling, but this can't even compare because I feel it is crappier than that style of Isometric Perspective! Hell, even that crummy Keanu Reeves, Cell Shading movie has better class than this junk pile! yarr to you hasbro! yarrrr!!!! *flips Hasbro the evil middle finger*
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I had honestly never heard of Miracleman until maybe.... I do believe last year. I wasn't really impressed to be honest, there might be more behind the scenes on that issue described. I was just stating my obvious opinion of who could pull off a Transformer title and toyline, or heck even Heavy Metal comics. They are possibly more dependable than the Spawn-Man himself on keeping up tabs on cudos and royalty issues to the contributing artists. If all else fails, call Simon Bisley XD.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines