MP-02 Ultra Magnus?!?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I know this is nitpicking, but I'm curious. If they do decide to go ahead with the blue energy axe and the black Megatron gun, I just want to know why do so? I don't know if they're going for cartoon accuracy or not with Magnus but if they are, why bother with these two items? Wouldn't it be cheaper for Takara/Hasbro to produce the figure then?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

60 bucks for a repaint **** that.

But hell I didn't get MP Prime until he was down to 25 bucks.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
capn

Post by capn »

Wow...more uninspired repaints.
EvillEdd
Protoform

Post by EvillEdd »

Man, it even has the same accessories. Kinda lame. When did Ultra Magnus ever wield an energy axe?
Clay

Post by Clay »

In the second link, there is a picture saying "Mystery of Ultra Magnus". It shows the white convoy with an arrow pointing to the armored magnus.

Who knows?
DEVATICUS-PRIME
Protoform

Post by DEVATICUS-PRIME »

well without the trailer no way. Ya know he doesn't even have to combine with it I just want a fricken trailer. I can't even find a model or toy that i can kit bash for mp. prime
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

However, don't get me wrong. I do like the idea of Masterpiece Magnus.

The problem with the armor, at this point, lies in if Magnus is as heavily die cast as Prime was. Prime's a weighty toy and putting armor over that mold will just make him heavier (probably failing any drop tests).
It would probably be best if they made Magnus out of high quality plastic to reduce weight (and costs). They can leave out the electronics, too (without the Matrix, there's really no point). Replace the guns with the proper Ultra Magnus gun and enough money might be saved to make a good quality trailer/armor.
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

I had an Ultra Magnus when i was young, with red cab, red/black trailer and a small "pilot" to fit in his cab ...
Originally posted by Roadstripe
However, don't get me wrong. I do like the idea of Masterpiece Magnus.

The problem with the armor, at this point, lies in if Magnus is as heavily die cast as Prime was. Prime's a weighty toy and putting armor over that mold will just make him heavier (probably failing any drop tests).
It would probably be best if they made Magnus out of high quality plastic to reduce weight (and costs). They can leave out the electronics, too (without the Matrix, there's really no point). Replace the guns with the proper Ultra Magnus gun and enough money might be saved to make a good quality trailer/armor.

..... this is essentially the same of the original ..... why? Only because this is the Masterpiece Magnus?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Ghirox
I had an Ultra Magnus when i was young, with red cab, red/black trailer and a small "pilot" to fit in his cab ...

Actually, you have something much more special. You have a tre-transformer, known as Powered Convoy from the Diaclone line. The bulk of original transformers were repaints of toys from that line and from the microman line.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Ghirox:
..... this is essentially the same of the original ..... why? Only because this is the Masterpiece Magnus?

I speculate, as does everyone else. :) The likelihood of any of my ideas seeing light are less likely than Optimus Prime and Megatron dancing Swan Lake in Carnegie Hall while wearing tutus.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Didn't they do that a few years ago?
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Actually, you have something much more special. You have a tre-transformer, known as Powered Convoy from the Diaclone line. The bulk of original transformers were repaints of toys from that line and from the microman line.

I lost it when i was young ... but consider that this is the italian release, not the original american one ...
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Merge with my previous - if you can - sorry for double posting

from HLJ - it appear that MP02 will came with a paper trailer in the box ... no info about what trailer ... his own or a repainted of Prime's trailer
Mr Duck

Post by Mr Duck »

Stupid half arsed dicks at Arsebro.

Thats just a crap masterpeice. Couldn't they possibly think when they made this? Probably not. They needed to make a totally different figure, not some albino prime repaint. Now he's probably gonna still have his matrix.
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Originally posted by Mr Duck
Stupid half arsed dicks at Arsebro.

Thats just a crap masterpeice. Couldn't they possibly think when they made this? Probably not. They needed to make a totally different figure, not some albino prime repaint. Now he's probably gonna still have his matrix.
he came with the same rifle (not his own) and an energy axe, so probably Yes, he will came with the Matrix, altogh everyone know that the Matrix selected Hot Rod, not Ultra Magnus (that was unable to activate the Matrix) ... only RID UM share the Matrix with OP