Alt Meister remold will be blue, AND... it's Shockwave?!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Denyer
RM Convoy

Mine doesn't!:confused:
Seerus Nalaius
Protoform

Post by Seerus Nalaius »

Funny thing is, while I love the look and idea of the Alternators/Binaltech series, I have yet to buy one. Hopefully the stores around me will get Shockwave/Shockblast so I can purchase him. This one is just too good to pass up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Mine doesn't!:confused:
Does RM-10 not have the transluscent pane which makes up the back half of the head? It's not a particularly well-done effect, but it's there on RM-1.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
What makes you say that? He's a very popular character (I'd say the coolest of the casettes), and it wasn't Shockwave, who made a cameo on Beast Wars . . .
I was talking design, not popularity. Ravage was a good character choice...just not for the Tracks mould. In both G1 and BW Ravage was always a sleek 'Con, but Alt Ravage is an ugly, blocky mess with piles of kibble in robot mode.

And let's not even get into how silly it is for a spy to disguise himself as one of the best-known, most easily-identifiable cars in the world...

Oh, and something strikes me as not right about a master spy who prides himself on never beeing detected, yet still carries around more firearms than a small militia.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

That looks awesome, but am I the only guy that thinks it's wierd that Decepts like Shockwave are being made into cars?
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Shockwave :eek: :eek: :cool: :smokin: :D :D :D

(Jibber Jibber) :wall: :wall:

I'm running out of room to put my Alternators and Masterpiece Primes.

:laugh:
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Thumbs up for Shockwave!

Quoth Warcry:
And let's not even get into how silly it is for a spy to disguise himself as one of the best-known, most easily-identifiable cars in the world...

It worked for Bumblebee. :p

Quoth Dragon Warrior Steve:
That looks awesome, but am I the only guy that thinks it's wierd that Decepts like Shockwave are being made into cars?

You're not alone. It is rather weird at first.
Fortunately, just because something's weird doesn't mean it's bad. :) Now if Starscream gets turned into a car, then we're getting a little too crazy.
DEVATICUS-PRIME
Protoform

Post by DEVATICUS-PRIME »

ohh me want now. wife better not say no me hit her with club till she say yes
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Originally posted by Warcry
I was talking design, not popularity. Ravage was a good character choice...just not for the Tracks mould. In both G1 and BW Ravage was always a sleek 'Con, but Alt Ravage is an ugly, blocky mess with piles of kibble in robot mode.

My sentiments exactly, but I still really hate that jaguar head too, it just looks too out of place.

Roadstripe, the reason Bumblebee works is because there are millions upon millions of beetles kicking around across the globe, they don't stand out as much as a big flashy and suitably rarer corvette.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Almighty Galvatron
Roadstripe, the reason Bumblebee works is because there are millions upon millions of beetles kicking around across the globe, they don't stand out as much as a big flashy and suitably rarer corvette.
Exactly. :up:

A VW Beetle works because it's ubiquitous; no one is surprised to see one. A 'Vette, on the other hand...something of a head-turner. Ravage would have made more sense had he been some random, middle-of-the-road Japanese thing, or a souped-up family car, or somesuch. Something that could go under the radar.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It looks daft.

Though I'm loving this. If a principle villain in Energon was something like Hot Shot with a Megatron head grafted on, there'd be a fan boycot or something. Takara do it on a Binaltech figure, and Kleenex shares go up. Transformers fans, no wonder Hasbro don't give a toss what they think.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Though I'm loving this. If a principle villain in Energon was something like Hot Shot with a Megatron head grafted on, there'd be a fan boycot or something. Takara do it on a Binaltech figure, and Kleenex shares go up. Transformers fans, no wonder Hasbro don't give a toss what they think.

At least there's a storyline reason. The whole stolen-body thang.

Although it does make me wonder how come all the Autobots who were unfortunate enough to get their bodies stolen were also not deemed important enough to get an original design.

"Trailbreaker, dude. Sorry about this. You know how we couldn't be arsed to design a new body for you and just copied Hound's? Yeah, well... and, you'll be laughing... you'll never guess what the Decepticons have gone and done..."
Dead Man Wade

Re: Alternator Shockwave finished

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria
Just like they did with Alternator Swindle, they accidentally have autobot symbols on the prototype.

Those weren't an accident.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Warcry

Ravage would have made more sense had he been some random, middle-of-the-road Japanese thing, or a souped-up family car, or somesuch. Something that could go under the radar.

Or, or... a JAGUAR! That would makes sense, too, because... yeah, I'll be quiet now. :\
Black Sideswipe
Protoform

Post by Black Sideswipe »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

I agree with this on all the other Alt/BT Decepticons, except Alt/BT Shockwave happens to look very good IMO--as if this body were perfect for him. It's built/structured just like the G1 version, so a color change, new head, and blaster hand were all that were needed to make this a perfect adaptation of this character to a car mode. Personally, I think the body suits him better than it does Jazz/Meister.
Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria
Protoform

I agree.

Post by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria »

I agree. I think the figure looks great.
Anybody got any clearasil?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Almighty Galvatron
Nevermore, have you got any solid info on what has actually been remolded other than the head, hand and front bumper?

The rear is also slightly remolded.

I still think it needs a spoiler, though.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Denyer
Does RM-10 not have the transluscent pane which makes up the back half of the head? It's not a particularly well-done effect, but it's there on RM-1.

Holding it up to the light I can tell that the back half of the head is translucent blue. This does not generate a light up effect for the eye sockets like it does with RM-01, because of the yellow paint covering the eyes.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

D'Oh!
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Almighty Galvatron:

Quoth Warcry:

A VW Beetle works because it's ubiquitous; no one is surprised to see one. A 'Vette, on the other hand...something of a head-turner. Ravage would have made more sense had he been some random, middle-of-the-road Japanese thing, or a souped-up family car, or somesuch. Something that could go under the radar.

Okay, I'll concede you the point. I'm not much of a connoisseur in cars. A motorized box on wheels is a motorized box on wheels. If it can change shape too, then it becomes interesting.

Storywise, I doubt that the Decepticons have much choice in choosing vehicle bodies to appropriate (at least, they don't yet). Besides: you guys said it yourself, it's just plain counterintuitive for Ravage to such a car. But that's what makes it such a good idea. Who's going to expect a master saboteur and spy, with a reputation built up over millions of years, to be such a flashy, attention-drawing car? One of the best places to hide something is often, right under your nose.