Hmm I am lucky I got my Japanese Megs reissue for 60 way back 2 years ago

Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-07-19, 11:06 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Japanese DiaClone mould given limited release in the UK, and not as a TF... not sure which Japanese series he fits into.
Masterforce. His character's notable for not gaining any notable mass in robot mode, so hence he precedes Armada Laserbeak by being fullscale in both modes... Which I think is a first for a Transformer... He hangs around with the Destron Headmaster Jrs., but no-one's perfect. He could also do Megatron in a fight any day of the week.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-07-19, 11:44 PM   #23
Grimlock
The name's Lock. Grim Lock. License to be smooth.

Suffragette City, Oooh Wham! Bam! Thank You Maam!

Yeah Browning's my hero.

Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-07-21, 06:13 AM   #24
Lemming

Colorado

Quote:
Ginrai is being reissued in the USA, Godbomber and all.
I'm not convinced that we're going to get him yet. We might, but it just feels like we're being misled or something.

Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-07-21, 10:45 AM   #25
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

I think Hasbro might have some right to him, as I think Powermaster Optimus Prime was designed before Ginrai, then sold to Takara or whatever, who upgraded him...

Old 2002-07-21, 10:59 PM   #26
swipe

http://www.davesworld.org is saying that he'll be getting a Megs reissue. He's based out of Houston so maybe it is coming to the US or maybe he's ordering from Japan, don't know to lazy to ask him. On a side note he's selling the PM Prime at $30.00.

swipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-15, 01:41 AM   #27
Darbura

Hasbro could always release that orange repaint of Megatron (that i think they showed at Botcon) as an online exclusive, and try to pass it off as Fire Guts Megatron. Its an idea at least.

Darbura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-15, 07:21 PM   #28
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

As I've said before, a Shining Light Megatron in translucent purple would pose no problems, and be adored by Movie fans... well, those who can stomach the fact that the Megatron mould is unadulteratedly lousy...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-16, 01:31 AM   #29
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

They should reissue the Actionmaster line, but they should release the Megatron mold with the fusion cannon, like the rare one. Has anyone ever figured out where that one came from?

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-16, 06:44 PM   #30
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
As I've said before, a Shining Light Megatron in translucent purple would pose no problems, and be adored by Movie fans... well, those who can stomach the fact that the Megatron mould is unadulteratedly lousy...
I'm uncertain. I know that UK laws on replica guns state that transparency in the mould is perfectly okay, but I dunno about America...

Besides, there's only one Megatron worth having as a toy*, yessssss.

* - please note, the opinions expressed in this post represent those of HDD Enterprises, and not necessarily those of the board or TFArchive.com. The opinions may also differ from your own, but rest assured - they are correct

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-16, 07:16 PM   #31
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
Besides, there's only one Megatron worth having as a toy
...and that's the tank.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-17, 10:27 PM   #32
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by PaladinPrime
They should reissue the Actionmaster line, but they should release the Megatron mold with the fusion cannon, like the rare one. Has anyone ever figured out where that one came from?
This is all pure hypothesis, but: it was a toy fair example, and the fusion cannon was later cut because it was an unnecessarily expensive part, maybe?

Old 2002-08-17, 10:52 PM   #33
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

That makes sense. Thanks.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-19, 11:15 AM   #34
Scarrita

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

For those of you that haven't heard yet:
Takara is going to be re-re-issuing Megs as #6 in their new reissue line, along with Smokescreen, #5, apparently.
It has been said that it is going to look different than the one that was reissued, the original, just recently in the past, hopefully it won't be too different from the original, ie- not a kind of "Fire Guts" version. Oh well, we'll see in a few months, won't we.

Scarrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-19, 01:32 PM   #35
ThunderCracker84

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarrita
For those of you that haven't heard yet:
Takara is going to be re-re-issuing Megs as #6 in their new reissue line, along with Smokescreen, #5, apparently.
It has been said that it is going to look different than the one that was reissued, the original, just recently in the past, hopefully it won't be too different from the original, ie- not a kind of "Fire Guts" version. Oh well, we'll see in a few months, won't we.
Rumor has it, that the black plastic parts on the original version will be replaced w/ a blue color, and he will come with only the sword, gun, and possibly bullets. The other accessories(scope, stock, silencer) will NOT be included with it.

Old 2002-08-19, 01:46 PM   #36
Scarrita

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Well hopefully that guy that does the replacement parts will be offering the stuff that doesn't come with Megs.
Here's hoping that the color change won't be a too bright blue, or I'll just paint it black. Either way I'll be content.

Scarrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-19, 11:12 PM   #37
Lemming

Colorado

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderCracker84

Rumor has it, that the black plastic parts on the original version will be replaced w/ a blue color, and he will come with only the sword, gun, and possibly bullets. The other accessories(scope, stock, silencer) will NOT be included with it.
Can I ask where you got this rumor from?

Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-19, 11:19 PM   #38
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Actually, it makes sense as that was the form Megatron was originally issued in in Japan... it would also make the toy more or less the same size as your standard Transformer, say Smokescreen, or at least not much bigger - you could fit it in the same size box, at least. It also means Takara aren't duplicating any earlier reissues... the previous reissue was a hybrid of the US and Japanese releases [it was basically the former with the latter's extra parts], hence the code 16S for the standard release, rather than the original Japanese Megatron's 16.

Old 2002-08-20, 08:21 AM   #39
Plasmodium
Groovy

Canada
Default Sweet.

Quote:
Japanese DiaClone mould given limited release in the UK, and not as a TF... not sure which Japanese series he fits into.

Must.....have.....browning.....

Plasmodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-08-23, 10:01 AM   #40
1SoundWave1

I donít know if this is old news or new but I heard Takara is going to reissue Megatron all I know is I got tank Megatron but I need gun Megatron if only my parents didnít give my TFs to my cousins the last time I saw one of my toys they were decapitated *Starts crying* stupid destructive nine year olds

1SoundWave1 is offline   Reply With Quote