• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom > New Comics

Old 2016-02-14, 11:34 AM   #21
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Arrow

It raises the old trauma question again. There's Rung and Chromedome very concerned about Skids repressed memories and what could happen if they flood back. In the same comic Thunderclash, Froid and others have been painfully turned inside out.

I could get Thunderclash overcoming that, and possibly Rodimus. But what about everyone else. Wouldn't they be rocking in a corner, sobbing? That's one thing about this comic, I never quite gauge how an individual manages to cope with all the horrific things that happens to them. That's probably answered by Megatron, he's changed massively, and brilliantly. Rodimus went all spazzy when it was Chromedome, Rewind and Max who saved the crew from Overlord... Red is kind of dealing with things because he pairs well with Max.

I guess this is the most interesting thing in the comic in a way. How these guys do so much crap to each other and can still enjoy a walk on the beach without crying into the sea or shooting at shadows.

Also also, how many of the crew are going to die over the next few issues before Megatron has to resort to violence against Tarn and Deathsaurus?

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2016-02-14 at 12:20 PM.
Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 02:55 PM   #22
Patapsco
Sod. Off

I'd wager that lots of crew members are going to die because Megatron's severely underpowered due to Quickmix's fuel and the substandard chassis he's using at the moment

As for the deep seated psychological trauma, I think that's the overarching story that Roberts is aiming for: how does one adapt to a normal existence when you've been at war for millions of years?

Patapsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 03:09 PM   #23
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

I wonder if we'll finally get to see Spoke and Lockstock? I appreciated the fact that we got to see two of the Pyrobots in the previous issue (I assume that's who they were), and they had some funky designs. Still gutted about Tripodeca.

Or will Tailgate save everyone? God I hope not. The coincidence of him becoming superpowered right before the proverbial hits the fan! Or is it going to be a mega Skids sacrifice? Has everything we know about him been revealed sufficiently now that he can get obliterated? Maybe not, because he spoke to the weird alien sphere thing in 'Remain in Light'.

And also, in the comic there is an ad for the front cover of Issue 50. At the bottom of the image Chromedome, Magnus, Whirl and Cyclonus are standing on a mountain edge, and that edge has Overlord's face!!! (with a little bit of Rodimus for good measure I think).

So that's all the bad guys in one arc! (apart from Sunder, Tyrest and Pharma). Really happy that Milne's coming back for this one, feels like he's been gone for ages. Ryuichi Sakamoto is fine when he's not penning tracks for Bowie films, but I do miss Milne.

Old 2016-02-14, 04:16 PM   #24
Patapsco
Sod. Off

that cover, if you look a bit closer at the mountain, you'll also see Pharma, Star Saber, Trailcutter, Mainframe, Tyrest, Red Alert & The Sparkeater amongst overs. Oh, and that's Tarn behind Megatron...

Old 2016-02-14, 04:36 PM   #25
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Megatron's forehead is mountainous, too.

Perhaps the only interesting thing Sunder said before he got crushed was to expand slightly that Mnemosurgeons die because they get addicted to injecting, moving closer and closer to their own deaths with each injection. Which explains why Rewind is so adamant for Chromedome to give it up.

I still feel like Chromedome is the reason for almost all the bad things that have happened to people in this comic. I can't list all the reasons because they're all in previous threads when he's done dodgy stuff, but maybe the poetic way to kill Chromedome would be for him to inject someone to save them, giving his own life as forfeit.

Maybe he'll save Skids in the next arc, just as our Lost Light Rewind makes his eventual return in time to see his love bite the bullet. Oooh that'd tug on the ol' heart strings. And he'd probably repeat the three words from Rewind's data slug as he did so (assuming they're different from the empty speech bubble he said to Rewind on the other side of the slow cell door.

That's just reminded me how 'pit of the stomach' painful it was to see Rewind trapped in there with Overlord smiling down. Ugh.

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2016-02-14 at 10:03 PM.
Old 2016-02-14, 10:24 PM   #26
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Question

One other thing's popped into my head; so Megatron swears to never hurt another living thing and he's gone all Cerebros-pacifist. But isn't he still facing the death sentence once the Lost Light has found Cyberutopia?

... I'm just being dim aren't I. He'll have to turn before they find it or else that really will be his end. So Megatron's destined never to reach Cyberutopia at least.

Old 2016-02-14, 11:39 PM   #27
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
One other thing's popped into my head; so Megatron swears to never hurt another living thing and he's gone all Cerebros-pacifist. But isn't he still facing the death sentence once the Lost Light has found Cyberutopia?

... I'm just being dim aren't I. He'll have to turn before they find it or else that really will be his end. So Megatron's destined never to reach Cyberutopia at least.
It's not a certain death sentence. Everyone is assuming that the Knights will put him to death after he finds them and they hear his case. However, it's not guaranteed.
They could find Cyberutopia but discover that the original Knights are dead, thus there's no one capable of passing Judgment on him as per the rules of Luna 2. Which would mean either another trial, or he gets off on a technicality.
The Knights could also turn around and absolve him of his wartime sins, or at least sentence him to something other than death. Hell, they could even be 'evil' and commends Megsy on his old actions. Especially if they end up being Techno-supremacists.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 09:54 PM   #28
Patapsco
Sod. Off

I don't think all that matters as Tailgate is going to single handedly take down the DJD, then become Tailgate Prime and the fandom will have a collective orgasm while I cancel my subscription and mumble that it was all better in Budiansky's day

Old 2016-02-16, 10:23 PM   #29
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

I'll gladly bet you Unicron's bank account that that doesn't happen. We can't be facing an ending of Gummi Bear proportions, surely?

With Tripodeca gone, I'd like to think I'm ready for anything. But... I really don't see why they can't all be friends. The war's over.

Old 2016-02-16, 10:43 PM   #30
Patapsco
Sod. Off

And I'm only kidding, though I'm pretty sure there are a not too small majority of fans out there for whom Tailgate becoming Prime and he and Cyclonus having ickle Cygate babies is the only way MtMtE can end.

For me? Everyone dying in stupid, pointless ways. Starting with Rodimus. Guy's gotta get got

Old 2016-02-16, 11:20 PM   #31
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Aren't the Scavengers great! But all this dying lark is a bit boring. There's so many interesting threads out there to be concluded: Spinister's savantism, Red & Rewind's UV neck notches, Francis Pharma, Whirl's attempted suicide (in the first issue), Delta Magnus & the Primal Vanguard, anything about Spoke & Lockstock, Ambulon is the leg of who? Sinister Grimlock, The five Luna 1's blah blah.

It's ace. Any one of those things is more interesting to me than seeing, I dunno, Mainframe get mashed!

Old 2016-02-16, 11:22 PM   #32
Patapsco
Sod. Off

Wait, Rewind has neck notches? So Chromedome's "operated" on him? My way, way, way out of left-field guess that Dominus was "Tarn" could still be true

Old 2016-02-17, 12:01 AM   #33
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK

Yeah, it was back in Issue 13 when they went to fight Snap Trap's crew. There's a scene where Chromedome brings an unconscious Rewind on board calling for help, and amongst other things he mentions to First Aid that Rewind is allergic to UV light. That's where I'm getting it from.

Old 2016-02-17, 12:11 AM   #34
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Slag View Post
Yeah, it was back in Issue 13 when they went to fight Snap Trap's crew. There's a scene where Chromedome brings an unconscious Rewind on board calling for help, and amongst other things he mentions to First Aid that Rewind is allergic to UV light. That's where I'm getting it from.
Yeah, I've been wondering about that too. Here's one to wonder about: Would Alt-Rewind have the same theoretical mnemosurgery marks?

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 11:10 AM   #35
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Anyone know where I can find a physical copy of this? No one seems to have any...

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 10:42 PM   #36
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Smile

You can order on-line from Forbidden Planet. Not only will they take your money, they'll also accept a reduced on-line price AND post it to you.

And if you want to pay more, I'll come round and read it to you, with voices and everything!

Old 2016-02-23, 07:31 PM   #37
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'll have to try them then. My usual sources have all dried up and ebay's full of imports from crazy places like America.

...I would love you to do the voices! that would be ace

Old 2016-02-23, 07:45 PM   #38
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Talking

Oh yeah, they're good. I pay 3.15 for my copy from the shop, even though I know I could order it online from them for 2.65 or so. But I like to go in for it because it reminds me of when I was a kid going for my weekly Transformers comic from the newsagents.

Plus the guys at FP are really cool.

I'd love to do the voices of Tarn, Chromedome and Overlord. Did you know there's a site that turns MTMTE into an audio play? Its called The Audio Knights Theatre and they've done a pretty good job from the ones I've heard, especially when you have that issue out in front of you as they go along; adds a really cool dimension.

They're a bit behind, but I'm not surprised as it must be a mammoth undertaking!

Here's an excerpt from Issue 1.

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2016-02-23 at 07:59 PM.
Old 2016-02-24, 09:12 PM   #39
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I will have a listen to that at the weekend... i think i'm being told some important things right now but am totally not listening...

I usually get MTMTE in my standing order at OK, but it blobbed this month and the guys haven't been able to get a copy, sadly.

Old 2016-02-24, 09:29 PM   #40
Auntie Slag

Cambridge, UK
Talking

Hey look, if I find a copy at my local I can get it for you and post it. They usually have previous issues of ex-RID lying around, presumably because the cats already got enough fresh litter. Sometimes there's an issue or two of a previous MTMTE hanging around looking fashionably hipster retro too.

If that doesn't sound weirdly stalkerish to you then its fine by me. I'd be able to check on Saturday!

[Edit] I know I was harping on about the Audio Knights thing, but listening back its not all that awesome. Turns out what really stuck in my memory was Chris McFeely's reading of the Megatron/Ravage sequence from about 10 issues ago. Its pretty awesome.

The comic is so dense it doesn't work as a dramatic reading straight off the page. Plenty of it would have to be reworded. The Knights did a segment featuring Magnus and he just drones on and on. Easy to read, a bit painful to listen to.

Last edited by Auntie Slag; 2016-02-24 at 10:26 PM.