• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-06-29, 12:49 PM   #221
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

The two biggest problems I've had in multiplayer are the connection errors and host leaving the game. No above mentioned screen flashes luckly.

The only non-connection problem i've encountered is...my apparent inability to melee anybody in multiplayer! Everybody moves to damn fast... or maybe I just suck.

Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 01:49 PM   #222
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst Dragon View Post
The two biggest problems I've had in multiplayer are the connection errors and host leaving the game.
This really annoys me also especially when I am doing good in that match. Guess the host just pissed getting killed too many times.

Don't know everybody but I kind of tend to leave or not join the room whoever has the microphone on. Some of them are just noisy/lousy and distracting. I even met some one who is playing some bad music in the background and just keep screaming most of the time. Grrrrr........ Guess I'm too old school.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 02:22 PM   #223
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

I feel ya, i don't ever put my mic on unless I'm playing with friends cause everyone else online just pisses me off...

When I was playing the other night, there was this kid screaming into the mic, about what I couldn't tell, all I could make out was "Transformers" and "Punk ass B*****" amid the shouting and gunfire.

Old 2010-06-29, 03:51 PM   #224
Optimus235711
Protoform

Default Awesome War for Cybertron DS Trailer!

Check out this awesome trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESoTs-u8sJg

Optimus235711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 06:26 PM   #225
illini-blue
Protoform

Quote:
The two biggest problems I've had in multiplayer are the connection errors and host leaving the game. No above mentioned screen flashes luckly.

The only non-connection problem i've encountered is...my apparent inability to melee anybody in multiplayer! Everybody moves to damn fast... or maybe I just suck.

my favorite tactic to melee is:

scout/leader: turbo toward enemy, transform than melee hit (option vs Leader's Ram)

Warrior: no brainer here, whirlwind instead

Scientist: try to sneak from "above" or behind when able

illini-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 06:33 PM   #226
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
How is this kidding? It's factual.
I said I was just kidding, I didn't say that what I said wasn't true.

Quote:
I feel ya, i don't ever put my mic on unless I'm playing with friends cause everyone else online just pisses me off...
I tried playing with the mic the other day, but I couldn't get it unmuted. Probably for the best... I suspect I would have sounded a lot like that obscenity-screaming kid.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 02:42 PM   #227
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Right, I've done the first two chapters on the PS3 (on easy because I don't play much games and when I do it's for fun rather than to collect achievements and laud it over people). Lurving it. Used Skywarp on the second chapter so had great fun just turning invisible, strolling out of cover, taking an age to line up the zoom scope on mah null ray and BOOM. Aiiiite.

Used Brawl on the first chapter. Boomtastic. You want the tank? You got the tank! Melee smash is awesome. Though I did keep transforming accidentally whilst trying to direct my jumps.

Anybody want to tell me how the **** I'm meant to use the plasma cannon? I hold the fire mechanism down and all it does is whirr about in dramatic fashion eating up the charge.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 02:58 PM   #228
Paul053

Quote:
Anybody want to tell me how the **** I'm meant to use the plasma cannon? I hold the fire mechanism down and all it does is whirr about in dramatic fashion eating up the charge.
Press to make it whirr and release the button to fire. Some times failed charging and have to re-do again. Very slow charging and a low charge fire (if you hit it) is almost doing no harm than 10 rounds of rifle. It is powerful at the full charge but almost useless against anybody unless you can find somebody has stuck their feet on the ground.

Old 2010-06-30, 03:08 PM   #229
Halfshell

Smile

How do you know how long to charge it for before firing?

Actually sod it, it seems like I'm just too far away. If I'm going to have to get in close to use it, I'll just melee the buggers.

Old 2010-06-30, 03:17 PM   #230
Paul053

I believe when it increase the whir to a constant high speed, it's at the full power. This could be a high level weapon that requires a lot of practice. Actually more useful at the campaigns as the enemies do not move that much and bigger in size. I tried once in multi player and gave up right away.

Old 2010-06-30, 06:38 PM   #231
Blaster
This used to mean something.

Vancouver.

Quote:
Anybody want to tell me how the **** I'm meant to use the plasma cannon?
You're not. The gun's imbalanced. High downtime, low damage. It appears to be the transformers equivalent of a pop-gun. I suspect this gun may get upgraded if this game gets patched.

Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 06:51 PM   #232
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

The plasma gun builds up a charge as you hold down the trigger. Let go and it fires a burst of all the charge you've thrown out. It's not really good in the field, but very good for hitting Omega Supreme or Trypticon.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 06:57 PM   #233
Blaster
This used to mean something.

Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
The plasma gun builds up a charge as you hold down the trigger. Let go and it fires a burst of all the charge you've thrown out. It's not really good in the field, but very good for hitting Omega Supreme or Trypticon.
I was using it on Omega, I found I got more damage output from a fusion cannon blast than I did a fully charged plasma rifle shot.

Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 07:36 PM   #234
Paul053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
I was using it on Omega, I found I got more damage output from a fusion cannon blast than I did a fully charged plasma rifle shot.
Really? I used a turret. Then I don't have to worry about my ammo and running around to collect them.

By the way, in the process of mounting to a turret, you are invisible/unbeatable. So I wait for the timing, when his attacks are almost on top of my head, mount the turret and no damages will be taken.

Old 2010-06-30, 09:26 PM   #235
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Game got patched today. I didn't notice anything different gameplay wise, but in the 10 or so matches I played, no Host quitting or time-outs. Yesterday it was every other match with that shit.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 09:42 PM   #236
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Finished the campaign yesterday, and tried the multiplayer for the first time today. It seems like Modern Warfare mixed with Gears of War, and I'm going to play it some more.

They're having a double XP weekend starting this Friday, so I'm going to try and play a lot then and see how it works out.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:12 PM   #237
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Has anyone else been finding the bit after the Seekers mission (the chapter where the option to play as Soundwave irst shows up- name escapes me right now) on the Decpticons side of things a bit of a pain in the ass? We kept getting our butts whupped, decided to call it a night after I think three or four unsuccesful go-rounds with it and are probably going to have another go at it tonight.

Quote:
... Skywarp on the second chapter so had great fun just turning invisible, strolling out of cover, taking an age to line up the zoom scope on mah null ray and BOOM.
This. But I've been using Megatron for the first and third chapters, and he runs out of ammo far, far too quickly. Anyone else find that, or am I just a crap shot?

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:00 AM   #238
Halfshell

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
Has anyone else been finding the bit after the Seekers mission (the chapter where the option to play as Soundwave irst shows up- name escapes me right now) on the Decpticons side of things a bit of a pain in the ass? We kept getting our butts whupped, decided to call it a night after I think three or four unsuccesful go-rounds with it and are probably going to have another go at it tonight.
Iacon Must Fall or something innit? It's the one I'm one at the moment. Found most of it straightforward... had to redo a couple of checkpoints. Finding the way up to the anti aircraft guns was the trickiest bit.

Got into Zeta Prime's chamber and am currently getting squashed by the descending machinery - suddenly they're coming down everywhere with nowhere to run. Well, seemingly nowhere... the entire floor seems to be red and Breakdown keeps getting in my ****ing way whilst I'm trying to speed away. Got killed twice in quick succession last night so went to bed and will have another crack later.

Last edited by Halfshell; 2010-07-01 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:49 PM   #239
Paul053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
But I've been using Megatron for the first and third chapters, and he runs out of ammo far, far too quickly. Anyone else find that, or am I just a crap shot?
He does. I had been running around with his mace so often. Better find a machine gun quick which has a lot of ammo.

Old 2010-07-02, 05:15 AM   #240
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

I just finished my second run through the Decepticon campaign and am on Chapter 8(Autobot mission 3). Going through getting all Icons and side missions before moving on. Just moving through the 'cons story once I also got all the random achivements(playing on xbox)Kill two snipers in 5 seconds, Multi-Kill 3 car soldiers, kill 100 spiders, ect...

As for the plasma cannon: it's a decent weapon in campaign mode, I normally charge between 75 and 50% and it one-shots grunts, two-three full charges will break the plating on a Destroyer(tank enemys) In multiplayer the Fusion cannon is a much better choice.

In Starscreams Brigade(con mission 2) I've feel I have to use my all time favorite seeker- Thundercracker. I trade his repair gun for something else asap. And the Sentrys are quite useful against the cloakers.

I develeoped some pretty interesting tactics fighting in multiplayer with the Scientist class. My friend watching me said that he didn't think he could move that fast. I was in deathmatch, flying around, I see about 5 or 6 bots all in a grand melee below me. I boost towards them, launce two missiles, someone dies, transform, melee, someone dies, two pulls of my emp shotgun, someone dies, melee, someone dies, shockwave, two die, transform, boost away, fire missile at approching bot, transform, one round of emp shotgun, someone dies... I apparently ticked everyone in the game off cause everyone came after me next...In the end I took down 5 more before they finally killed me.

I played for 3 more hours that nite and didn't get over a 3 kill streak again...