• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-06-26, 07:52 PM   #201
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield Strike View Post
Playing through on Medium difficulty and have occasionally found myself running out of ammo, but that's the only gripe I have so far.
That happened to me as well, until I realized that if you can reach the other guys, 8/10 times smashing them with an energon weapon works just as well as shooting them. Better in some cases. I started not firing at bad guys that would be lurking around corners and started breaking faces in to save ammo for later.

Also, don't forget your vehicle modes all have guns as well, and some even have offensive abilities besides guns as well that don't use ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield Strike View Post
Has anyone else seen that Gamespot gave it a 6.5? They're kicking off about it on their forums, emailing the reviewer and all sorts! Personally I think it deserves more than 6.5 based on what I've played so far, but never mind.
Meh. Just about everyone else that has reviewed it liked it way more then that. But then that might be the metacritic at work here. Every other Transformers title was...lackluster at best. Might taint the notions going into the game and cause way more nit-picking then normal. Just like every HALO game gets +10 points for the word HALO in the title.

I mean, Hasbro would never let a good Transformers game be made...right?

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 08:45 PM   #202
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

The lack of ammo occurs in easy mode as well.

One of the major things I've noticed is the difference in melee damage between campaign and multiplayer... In Multiplayer you have to hit someone multiple times to kill, and each class is different. (with soldier seeming to have the greatest damage). But in campaign mode you can one shot 80% of every thing you see.

Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 09:27 PM   #203
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst Dragon View Post
The lack of ammo occurs in easy mode as well.

One of the major things I've noticed is the difference in melee damage between campaign and multiplayer... In Multiplayer you have to hit someone multiple times to kill, and each class is different. (with soldier seeming to have the greatest damage). But in campaign mode you can one shot 80% of every thing you see.
That's a balance issue. Does anyone really feel the need to be snuck up on by a Scout with Stealth active and have the back of your robot head caved in with a single blow? If you get caught in close combat with say, Brawl, don't you think you deserve a face full of hurt for your mistake seeing as he's kinda slow?

The only things in Campaign mode I had trouble smashing with a fist full of Energon where the big guys. All the little guys, if you could get to them, died pretty easily, which is a blessing.

Old 2010-06-27, 12:04 AM   #204
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Might be an odd question. but how do I use Shockwave, anyway? I tried multiplayer(learning fairly quickly that I really should have spend more time playing Unreal Tournament 3), and it didn't ask me which character I wanted to use, just defaulted me to Soundwave. At least, I think it was supposed to be Soundwave.....

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 01:22 AM   #205
illini-blue
Protoform

Default War for Cybertron

first:
hello all, I am a lurker but not a troll

second:
out of 10 I give the game a solid 8

It can get monotonous with regards to Campaign play, and certainly some balance had to met when it comes to multi-player play.

about me: I'm a 30-something and more or less a diehard G1 fan....i didn't care for beast wars, armada or some of the other more anime styled versions.

that said I rather enjoy the Transformers Animated series version, thought the first live-action was acceptable but the revenge of the fallen was an absolute abomination

(breath out)

when you play MP, though you "use soundwave or even shockwave, jazz or demolisher had you special ordered it", all the models represent are the Class chosen.

my hope is DLC with more Model/Robot types....

should all warriors be tanks??? or better yet DLC that allows an expanding of weapons to certain classes. within reason and gameplay balance of course

for the record I mainly use the Scientist as a Battle Medic or the Leader for helping to hold Conquest/Power Nodes.....non-selfish player here...

illini-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 02:21 AM   #206
Heinrad
Ironmod

I did pre-order it. I jumped through their hoops to get Shockwave, and darnit, I want to play Shockwave.

Old 2010-06-27, 06:13 AM   #207
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Shocky, hmm, he's basically a seeker with a Shockwave head and gun arm. Alt mode looks kind of Star Wars.

I finished the campaigns today, I had more fun with the Autobots. I was waiting for a boss fight throughout the 'con campaign, but I didn't even know there were any until I reached Zeta.

I'm having more fun on Multiplayer.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 07:14 AM   #208
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
Shocky, hmm, he's basically a seeker with a Shockwave head and gun arm. Alt mode looks kind of Star Wars.
I think he looks more like a killer space Rolls Royce then anything else.

To use him in normal multiplayer, he's a Scientist body. All you've got to do is set him as your chassis and you get to run around looking like Shockwave. To play as "proper" Shocky you've got to do Escalation mode.

Last edited by Thunderwave; 2010-06-27 at 11:10 AM.
Old 2010-06-27, 10:01 PM   #209
Heinrad
Ironmod

Here's another question. Anybody get Jazz?

Old 2010-06-27, 11:55 PM   #210
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

I just finished the two campaigns. Now I'm going back to get all the Icons and complete the side quests. Just printed off a walkthrough for them.

I've been quite impressed with the voice acting and homages to G1 and other series. It was nice to hear rumble say "First we crack the shell, then we crack the nut inside"

Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 12:09 AM   #211
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

I am so shocked that Gamespot.com could be such idiots and give this game a 6.5! Somehow they managed to give the Revenge of the Fallen game a 7.5 and that game was nowhere near as good as this one. They basically just threw their integrity as a video game reviewing site out the window.

Thank god I don't go to gamespot for reviews. IGN was right to give this game a 9/ 10.

As for my opinion of the game it surpassed all my expectations some of the missions are just so epic. I really liked the first Autobot mission in Iacon.

miked23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 09:07 AM   #212
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Red face

The BF and I have still only played two hours. The fact that some people have finished already is obscene. All of you- get out and see some sunshine! It's summer, dammit!

(I'm kidding.)

We planned on playing tonight, but Oblivion and warhammer got in the way. Oh well!

Last edited by Sades; 2010-06-28 at 09:18 AM.
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 12:07 PM   #213
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
The BF and I have still only played two hours. The fact that some people have finished already is obscene. All of you- get out and see some sunshine! It's summer, dammit!

(I'm kidding.)

We planned on playing tonight, but Oblivion and warhammer got in the way. Oh well!
lolz

It was actually a rainy day here the day it came out, which was awesome. I opened some windows, set up a fan, and got to work with a nice cool breeze.

Old 2010-06-28, 03:01 PM   #214
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

In multi player team death match, does any body has the screen flashing issue when running together and close with other allies? Seems like it is confused and switching between camera view. It sometimes confused me especially happening in battle and made me headache.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 05:16 PM   #215
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I'm not getting any kind of screen flashing problems. My main issue is connectivity and lag. Half the time I can't actually make it into a game due to connect with host timing out.
If I wasn't having so much fun with it when I do get in a game, I'd have given up by now.

Unicron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 05:58 PM   #216
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
So...the Wii version is a completely different game? Has anyone played the Wii version and played it on another console? All I have is a Wii; my PC won't run it.
I have the Wii version, but no PS3/X360 version. Can't say I recommend the game for $50. The Wii version is largely on rails (you only control the movement of your bot in vehicle mode, and you can't explore) and the robot mode sections of missions are largely shooting enemies via IR, switching to the appropriate weapon for the moment and ducking behind cover. You literally don't control your bot outside of that. Quite disappointing. It's fun, but I'd ballpark it around $30 for value, not $50.

BTW, I finished the Decepticon campaign yesterday and didn't fight one boss through the entire thing. I squared off against a couple main characters, but there was no melee fighting, only shooting and dodging. THAT was disappointing. I've played through ~75% of the Autobot campaign and have yet to play as Optimus. That is also a shame.

Overall it's a well made game, just entirely shallow (not to mention seemingly short, I haven't finished everything) and not worth the $50 price tag. The only unlockables I've seen so far have been artwork. I'd give it a 6.5-7.0.

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 06:23 PM   #217
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Red face

6.5-7.0 would be a bit high in my eyes. That sounds pretty brutal to me, but then it's not like the Xbox game allows you to roam very far. Still, I like achievements and the ability to move the 'bot around.

I also like the ability to kick people's asses (more like get mine handed to me, TBH) online.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 12:05 AM   #218
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

I'd like to play a game online without the host quitting every time. I'd like to punch them in the snout. Today I had something weird happen, when I was playing, action would get choppy and I'd appear somewhere else near where I was just standing suddenly. That was in 3 of the Deathmatch games I played today. hm. A shame about the Wii version. They just kind of quietly snuck that in the back way while we were looking at Xbox and PS3 clips.
@ Oblivion.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 10:51 AM   #219
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
I'd like to play a game online without the host quitting every time. I'd like to punch them in the snout. Today I had something weird happen, when I was playing, action would get choppy and I'd appear somewhere else near where I was just standing suddenly. That was in 3 of the Deathmatch games I played today.
That's either you or the host having connection problems, which leads to lag. I'd watch out for that, if I were you; if it's happening to you then it's likely happening to others too, and some of the more underhanded players will use it to make themselves harder to kill, and even to kill other players, using the lag to 'teleport' behind them. I see it alot in games like Halo etc., and the people who're doing it usually just think it's funny, even when it's ruining the match for everyone else. It sucks to be lag-killed... _;

glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 12:08 PM   #220
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
The fact that some people have finished already is obscene. All of you- get out and see some sunshine! It's summer, dammit!

(I'm kidding.)
How is this kidding? It's factual.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote