Old 2017-08-22, 09:02 PM   #1142
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Photobucket's killed remote linking BTW --

So it has. Well, that sucks.

Guess I'll just have to attach little thumbnails to the posts now.

EDIT: Hah! Fixed my earlier post. Take that Photobucket!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:54 PM   #1143
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

LEGO Dimensions Goonies Level Pack - This is the last of the level packs as it sounds like Lego Dimensions has been cancelled; which means only a few packs left to be released and one or two previously released packs to go before this theme is done and dusted.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76080 Ayesha's Revenge - Purchased the last of the Guardians Of The Galaxy sets to go with buying the movie this week.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 02:16 AM   #1144
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Soul of Chogokin GX-75 Mazinkaiser.

This is probably the one SoC I've waited for the longest, namely because it seemed like the most notable omission since not only had several other toy companies had already tackled the character with varying degrees of success, but Bandai themselves had already released Mazinger Z based on the Mazinkaiser OVA way back with GX-07 but never touched the main bot himself.

Unfortunately since Bandai decides to release yet another version of the other Mazinger bots first, this one is clearly intended to be a companion piece to those rather than the GX-01R and GX-02R I already own. Fortunately his more 90's design makes the difference a bit less jarring.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 03:29 PM   #1145
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Nexo Knights 70352 Jestro's Headquarters.

Old 2017-09-06, 06:33 PM   #1146
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Force Friday came along, and I was damn sure I would be buying just an OT Stormtrooper...

Rey, Kylo Ren, Luke, Thrawn, Hera, Qui-Gon, AND OT Stormtrooper later, I stopped shopping. Oh, and also picked up Rebels Season 3. On the plus side, I got a $10 Target gift card for my efforts, which went to my wife.

I've opened Qui-Gon, the Trooper, and Thrawn so far, and all are really good. I knew what to expect from the Stormtrooper, as I already have the Shock Trooper version of that mold. Didn't have a shiny white original though, and I'm really glad I have him on the shelf now. The brightness of the white is astonishing! Qui-Gon is definitely a good figure - solid sculpt work, paint apps and details are very well done too. I really dig the texture they're able to incorporate for tunic parts! The newer lightsabers are great too, as the blades look much better than the older, paler ones. The only downside to Qui-Gon is his lack of a Jedi cloak. Thrawn is great too, with a well done representation of the animated character. He's pretty standard other than that, but everything is really crisp on him - paints, sculpt, texture, everything - just a great effort on Hasbro's part.

The others are still in boxes. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I really want them, or return them. Once the 'oooh new toys!!!' feeling cools off, I'll figure out what I want to do. Likely they will be kept, but you never know.

Old 2017-09-09, 01:16 PM   #1147
HeavyArms
Unicron

Nexo knights 70361 Macy's Bot Drop Dragon.

Lego City 60161 Jungle Exploration Site.

Old 2017-09-11, 03:51 PM   #1148
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I found a Heroes of the Storm Tyrael last night! It was marked down to clear. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't, since I'd heard that it was basically a statue. And it is. The joints don't have much range of motion, so it went to a shelf pretty much straight away and it's going to stay there. But I like the design and I spent hundreds of hours playing Diablo II when I was in school, so it's a pretty nice piece of decoration that brings back some good memories.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 06:06 PM   #1149
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego City 60157 Jungle Starter Set.

Old 2017-09-23, 04:09 PM   #1150
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes 76075 Wonder Woman Warrior Battle - Last one was hidden behind a few other sets and was dinged up a bit.

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Unikitty - This was on heavy clearance, probably to shift stock and because Lego Dimensions is basically finished.

Last edited by HeavyArms; 2017-09-23 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added another item.
Old 2017-09-26, 04:21 AM   #1151
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Soul of Chogokin GX-39R Baikanfu! From Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos! Which makes this the first Machine Robo toy I've ever owned, at any extent, including knockoffs and Gobots. Kind of weird to think about in that context.

Still, in the past I'd had some misgivings over the face sculpts of Rom Stoll and Leina looking a bit gummy, but having them in hand makes me realize how freakin' tiny they are and of course photographing them and blowing them up to like 20x size on a PC monitor isn't going to look too great.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 03:46 PM   #1152
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Ended up keeping and opening the remainder of my Force Friday haul.

Rey is a beautiful figure, and definitely wins in the accessory department. She comes with her blaster that Han gave her, her lightsaber, and her staff. The sculpt is really well done with several different textures among her outfit, and while not a dead-ringer for Daisy Ridley, she still looks like Rey and all the paint apps are clean. She's definitely my favorite of the TLJ figures I picked up. That said, both Kylo and Luke are good too, with great sculpting and paint apps. Had to exchange my first Kylo though, as he had two right feet. And I wish Luke had come with his lightsaber. Who knows, maybe he doesn't use it in the next movie?

Opened Hera too, and like Rey, she's just fantastic. Great colors, paints, and sculpt. She comes with her tiny blaster - oddly it's her left hand that has the trigger finger, though she's right handed and has her holster on the right side. That's pretty odd in my book.

And last, but certainly not least, I added Sabine Wren to my Rebels crew via eBay. She never came to my area at retail, and wooo is she a fantastic figure. Everything said about Rey and Hera hold true here, and then some. Two blasters, her paint airbrush, and removable helmet. The paint apps on her armor are absolutely fantastic too, with small paint speckles/splatters everywhere. Well done, Hasbro, well done.

Old 2017-09-30, 05:02 PM   #1153
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego City 60158 Jungle Cargo Helicopter.

Lego City 60159 Jungle Halftrack Mission.

Old 2017-10-07, 04:15 PM   #1154
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego City 60156 Jungle Buggy.

Lego Batman Movie 70914 Bane Toxic Truck Attack.

Lego Batman Movie Mini-Figure 4-Pack - I was able to attain this figure pack from Toys'R'Us during the Bricktober promotion.

Last edited by HeavyArms; 2017-10-07 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added additional information.
Old 2017-10-08, 04:25 AM   #1155
Warcry

Star Wars Black six-inch motherfucking Grand Admiral Thrawn! Someone who, if he's not my favourite fictional character of all time, would definitely be on the short list.

The figure is great, if what you're looking for is a realistic take on the character design from Rebels. Whether that's what Thrawn is "supposed" to look like or not is up for debate, I suppose, because he's been drawn in so many different styles over the years -- sometimes he's just a blue-skinned human and sometimes he's got more sharply alien features, sometimes his eyes have pupils and sometimes they don't, sometimes he's heavier and sometimes he's thinner, etc... That's the trouble with being a character whose appearances have been about 90% text-only, I suppose. If it was up to me the figure would be a bit heavier-built with no pupils and epaulets instead of the solid gold shoulder tabs, but now that he's an "on-screen" character I suppose this is what his official look is now. And for a toy of that, he looks great! The sculpting of the uniform details are great, I like his face sculpt and the articulation is good, if not quite up to Marvel levels. I like that he's got a ball-jointed waist instead of the ribcage ball joint that most modern figures without an ab crunch have, because it allows almost the same range of movement without breaking up the crisp lines of his uniform.

My one complaint is with the general lack of accessories. He only comes with a pistol. I know there's no way he'd be as well-equipped as the SDCC Thrawn, but it would be nice if he'd at least come with an ysalmiri or something.

Aside from that, the only thing I could really construe as a problem is that they didn't make (and realistically probably never will) figures of Pellaeon and Ruhk to go with him.

The store also had Lando and he looked really good, but the Black Series figures of the entire rest of the human cast are so unimpressive that I'm not about to start collecting Alliance characters.

Last edited by Warcry; 2017-10-08 at 04:47 AM.
Old 2017-10-12, 08:47 PM   #1156
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Lego Batman Movie polybags - Mini Batmobile and Mini Batwing. These are really cool little builds. And are doing a good job at brightening up my desk at work

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 05:57 PM   #1157
HeavyArms
Unicron

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Beetlejuice.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76078 Hulk vs. Red Hulk.

Lego Nexo Knights 70357 Knighton Castle.

Old 2017-10-17, 04:10 PM   #1158
Warcry

After jumping in to replay Twilight Princess on the Wii over the last month or so (still going, actually...the toddler means that games don't go very quickly anymore), I discovered that they'd just recently made Figmas of that game's version of Link and Zelda! A decade late, but hey...better late than never!

I don't collect Japanese figures very much because of how delicate they feel, and these two are no exception. I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to snap the tiny wrist joints every time I swap out the hands, and the fact that they felt the need to include spares doesn't do much to convince me otherwise. The accessories that you have to pull apart and reassemble inside of the figures' hands are also quite dainty-feeling, especially Zelda's needle-thin quasi-rapier.

But damned if they aren't beautiful! They're both very, very detailed, and it's especially noticeable because Link in particular is so much more detailed than the Skyward Sword figure they did a few years ago. Link has pretty solid poseability. His tunic restricts the legs a little, but the crazy stuff you can pull off thanks to the figure stands (two of them, so Link can be leaping through the air while firing the clawshot or swinging the ball and chain) more than makes up for it. Zelda has the same articulation, but her heavy dress means you're not going to be able to do any fancy poses with her legs.

Both come with a good assortment of alternate hands, faces and accessories. Zelda's bow, light arrow and sword are about all I could think to give her. Link comes with both of his swords from the game and a Hylian shield, plus a bow and arrow, clawshot, the Hawkeye and the ball and chain. The fanboy in me wishes he had a bomb, a bomb arrow, the boomerang, his wooden shield, a second clawshot and EVERY ITEM EVER, but considering they had a budget to meet I'd say they made the right choices.

They're definitely display pieces rather than action figures, but durability aside they're pretty great. In fact, the only major flaw I can think of is that they don't have a Ganondorf, Zant and Midna to hang out with!

Old 2017-10-18, 03:30 PM   #1159
Warcry

I finally found a Moon Knight! I'm more familiar with the character's old look where his outfit basically looked like a Klan robe with a moon on it. The modern design that the toy is based in is way more complicated, but they pulled it off well. The black body suit covered in white crescents of armour is very eye-catching.

Moon Knight has the articulation you'd expect from a ML figure, and the ankle ball joints are really impressive. They work better than the boot swivels that some figures come with and they look better too!

My only gripe would echo what Ganon said a few months ago: the mini-moons are the size of nail clippings and don't peg in between his fingers well at all. I think they'd have done better to just give us a fist with the blades molded into it.

Old 2017-10-21, 03:16 PM   #1160
HeavyArms
Unicron

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Powerpuff Girls.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76084 The Ultimate Battle for Asgard.

Lego City Bricktober Mini-Figure 4-Pack.

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes 76087 Flying Fox: Batmobile Airlift Attack.