• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 08:13 PM   #21
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
indeed, we have a superbowl trailer! feb 1st (isn't that a bit late for the superbowl? i thought it was normally mid-late january?)
Good job. Please link the news to your post next time.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Old 2009-01-10, 06:48 PM   #22
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Someone has enhanced the teaser poster (presumably through messing around with brightness and contrast) to reveal an INSANE amount of detail hidden in the black of the poster.

you can find both the original and the enhanced version here -

http://www.superherohype.com/news/tr...ws.php?id=7977

Old 2009-01-11, 01:05 AM   #23
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterPunch View Post
Someone has enhanced the teaser poster (presumably through messing around with brightness and contrast) to reveal an INSANE amount of detail hidden in the black of the poster.

you can find both the original and the enhanced version here -

http://www.superherohype.com/news/tr...ws.php?id=7977
Not sure if this even demands spoilering, but I'll play it safe...

SPOILER! (select to read)
Someone on that page commented the Fallen's(most likely) face has similar details to the Decepticon symbol and he surely does! And clearly reminds of the Autobot 'face' poster from the first movie.

Old 2009-01-11, 01:23 AM   #24
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

I almost thought it was some mutant car front grille...just with glowing red eyes.

Old 2009-01-11, 01:25 AM   #25
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

EDIT: Nevermind.

Old 2009-01-11, 03:07 AM   #26
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
Not sure if this even demands spoilering, but I'll play it safe...

Someone on that page commented the Fallen's(most likely) face has similar details to the Decepticon symbol and he surely does! And clearly reminds of the Autobot 'face' poster from the first movie.
It's definitely a wild poster, and the details revealed in the "enhanced" version look insane.
the resemblance to the Decepticon symbol are unmistakable, but you'll also notice the Egyptian motif as well. namely, how it looks like an Egyptian headdress.

Old 2009-01-11, 11:17 AM   #27
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
It's definitely a wild poster, and the details revealed in the "enhanced" version look insane.
the resemblance to the Decepticon symbol are unmistakable, but you'll also notice the Egyptian motif as well. namely, how it looks like an Egyptian headdress.
And now, yes, I do see that.

And just for the heck of it...
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/i...g=revenge3.JPG

Old 2009-01-11, 01:38 PM   #28
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

http://www.10208.07jn.thinkquest.nl/hoofdstukken/far...
Look at this picture of Tut and compare this to that Decepticon. You'll notice some similairities.

Old 2009-01-11, 04:44 PM   #29
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
That link doesn't work.

Old 2009-01-11, 07:08 PM   #30
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
That link doesn't work.
Sh*t. Sorry guys. I know, I am a real comp-n00b. I couldn't get the link right this time and I don't know how to fix it. But my idea was to post a photo of Tutanchamon's mask so you could compare it to the poster. Sorry that i've failed.

Old 2009-01-11, 07:50 PM   #31
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Am I the only one that thinks the enhanced poster looks like Sauroman from LOTR?

Old 2009-01-11, 10:15 PM   #32
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the enhanced poster looks like Sauroman from LOTR?
Yes.

Others might think of Sauron, though.

Old 2009-01-12, 12:49 AM   #33
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

I was thinking Morgoth, but still, nice poster regardless. It'll be worth me getting compared to the first movie poster(s).

Old 2009-01-12, 05:09 AM   #34
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Yes.

Others might think of Sauron, though.

Well I made an ass of myself didn't I? Sauron is what I meant

Old 2009-01-12, 08:10 AM   #35
S_Windell
Dinobot

No, I don't see Sauron but have seen comments elsewhere from others that think so.

The more I look at it, at least the central facial area, the more it looks like a Predator to me. Man, I hope I can shake off that impression soon enough...

Last edited by S_Windell; 2009-01-12 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Missed the Sauroman bit myself...
Old 2009-01-12, 12:32 PM   #36
ismellicecream
Seeker

Liverpool, England

just a personal speculation:

It would be pretty cool if they somehow tied this in to egyptian gods. Imagine a flashback showing a battle between the fallen and whoever, being observed by 1000's of ancient egyptians. The whole symbology thing would tie in nicely, not to mention the theory about the pyramids being tied to the stars somehow (are the pyramids an even more ancient version of sams glasses?). Dont bash me - it was just a reflex theory from seeing the enhanced picture.

EDIT:
Well, I've just been browsing and apparantly this whole fallen/egypt thing has already been speculated. Some folk are mentioning it would be too similar to stargate (never seen it). If thats the case, sorry for a pointless post. I just want to be loved

Last edited by ismellicecream; 2009-01-12 at 12:50 PM.
Old 2009-01-12, 08:20 PM   #37
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

It's probably totally rediculous and all, but I see a similarity between 'The Fallen' on the poster, and the Jetfire Legends mould. There's those flanges enamating from the head, and all. (Image) Probably nonsense, and all - maybe it's a theme, or coincidence. Clearly, the Legends Class mould doesn't bear a huge resemblance to the archaic style and Decepticon logo shown on the poster! It would be nice to actually have The Fallen in the film, as is suggested!

Old 2009-01-12, 09:05 PM   #38
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
It's probably totally rediculous and all, but I see a similarity between 'The Fallen' on the poster, and the Jetfire Legends mould. There's those flanges enamating from the head, and all. (Image) Probably nonsense, and all - maybe it's a theme, or coincidence. Clearly, the Legends Class mould doesn't bear a huge resemblance to the archaic style and Decepticon logo shown on the poster! It would be nice to actually have The Fallen in the film, as is suggested!
indeed - it was the side grills that did it for me. and although the faces themselves aren't that similar, the legends class jetfire mold head does have some similarity to other earlier non-movie renditions of the fallen (i'm thinking the mouthguard grill). assuming some kind of intentional design homage, it makes me think the two are 'related' or share a common background. which might make sense, given what (little) we know about jetfire in rotf so far

Old 2009-01-12, 09:49 PM   #39
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

He does look a lot like the old logo. Didn't ol' Soundwave always look a lot like the logo? Actually, that Fallen chap looks a lot like the Soundwave mould we saw a while back

Old 2009-01-13, 10:49 PM   #40
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Default Okay then, this is stupid.

REALLY stupid.
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com...erbowl-ad.html

Alleged rumors on the plot, and most are easily debunked.

Quote:
… a friend of mine works for a company that's licensing some merchandise for ROTF and told me a few things that he's seen for the upcoming film, including some early CGI stuff etc.

- The film opens with the US Military teaming up with the Autobots, who are the military vehicles, to hunt down rogue Decepticons. Springer is one of them, and this is the part in China.
- Wheels/Wheelie is a blue remote control car and very small Transformer. He discovers Jetfire at the museum by driving underneath him and seeing the Decepticon symbol. (This at least fits description of what was filmed at Udvar-Hazy.)
- There's a seen where Alice pins Sam to the bed, and a tail with a hypodermic on it cones out of her back. She also has a giant tongue, apparently. Should keep the Kiss play fans happy! (Something to add to the Ravage as Pretender rumor.)
- The twins are important characters who fight each other a lot and can combine. (Might explain the split ice cream truck.)
- Devastator looks like a gorilla, and has the cement mixer drum in the centre of his chest, which he can use as a weapon.
- Possibly Superion as an autobot combiner, but he was a little vague on this. (Nope, the toy is just a repaint, not part of the movie.)
- Megatron hasn't been in any of the film licensing stuff, just the toys. (Matches Bay's words on the subject.)
- He saw a Decepticon Hot Rod model, but he's convinced that was part of the disinfo campaign. (Or just a another non-movie character toy for the toy line.)
Basically just another simple case of "HE TELL ME".
The Springer thing sounds a bit odd, just trying to justify the legends mold... And considering there were no Ospreys on the set in China.

The Wheels thing is more or less confirmed already, mainly due to earlier set reports.

Ravage is entirely possible... Same with Devastator.

Superion... I don't even have to say anything about that.

Megatron seems to be Bay reaching in and "MISINFORMING" everyone. This rumor is still highly debated, mainly due to the CGI renders and things we've already seen.

The Hot Rod thing probably ISN'T the character, just a vehicle type IF real.

More stuff:

Quote:
In addition to the above, "Tawd" reports that someone he knows received some promotional material for Transformers 2 including the new official poster and that the Superbowl trailer is expected to air during halftime (not officially confirmed). In addition, to contradict Toadimus, he reports "that they're going to bring back Megatron and the Starscream/Megatron relationship will be more prominent than it was in the movie and much more like the G1 series. Also, it may be a three way brawl much like the Insecticons fighting Autobots and Decepticons and the Fallen will pose a threat to both sides." (No he isn't saying the Insecticons are in the movie, it is a G1 cartoon reference I believe.)
Yeah, MASSIVE contradiction.

Last edited by secretcode; 2009-01-13 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Formatting issues.
Closed Thread