• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-06-03, 02:30 PM   #1021
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno-the-Hedgehog View Post
Is there a way I can upload a digital photo of the figure for the purposes of supporting my claims?

Don't think you're allowed to in news, but try the kitbashing forum.

(not backseat modding, just trying to be helpful)

EDIT: I think i got it! Will have to double check yours to know for sure, though.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 06:23 PM   #1022
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
May be old news now, but BBTS finally got the gestalt teams in, but sad part is they are over charging on them. I am glad I didn't pay that much in comparison, but they are there now, but this particular packaging says 25th anniversary whereas, some are rumored, to say RotF on the packaging. Weird. So they may not be an entirely Target exclusive. And apparently some stores are getting these as shelf warmer. WTF i say!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...at-bbts/16062/
If they're a target exclusive, then the BBTS would have to acquire all of their stock from target at retail price instead of wholesale, hence the higher price. It doesn't make them any cheaper, mind, but if you don't have a target near you, it may be your best bet. (Unless target sells them online somehow. I'm not that familiar with them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno-the-Hedgehog View Post
Is there a way I can upload a digital photo of the figure for the purposes of supporting my claims?

I'll provide info on the possible component transformations for each of the other constructicons if/when I obtain them.
The creative and review writing forums both allow attachments, yeah.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 07:27 PM   #1023
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

To answer your question Clay, sadly, the Target website doesn't even mention them. But apparently, from Seibertron.com users, the Targets in California have them. I am glad though that BBTS is at least advertising them, just not for me in that price range. I wanna save up to get the appendage add on kit from Fan Projects when I can :P

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 05:09 PM   #1024
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

it's great to finaily join tfarchive. Been looking 4 many years and talking back to a screen when i should have just joined and posted, it feels great.

Sorry back on topic i picked but sideswipe and rampage the other day and love sideswipe's alt. mode and robot mode, both are done well with little kibble in robot mode. But with rampage it's a whole new ball game the alt. mode is great ( if u can get him back 2 it with out chunkin' him at a wall.) but the so called jack hammer mode is sooooo a last min. tack on and it has no real meaning. the bot mode is ok ( Reminds me of bonecrusher...alot.) but it could be better if he had feet instead of rubbber nubs. All in all i'd say sideswipe is a must buy, while rampage is only if you got the money and you want him really bad to complet something.

also i have 2 questions
1: when will skids and mudflap come out?
2: is demolisher worth buying?

The PS3 KILLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 08:21 PM   #1025
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I like Rampage a lot myself. He's a freakin' monster!

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 11:14 PM   #1026
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PS3 KILLeR View Post
it's great to finaily join tfarchive. Been looking 4 many years and talking back to a screen when i should have just joined and posted, it feels great.

Sorry back on topic i picked but sideswipe and rampage the other day and love sideswipe's alt. mode and robot mode, both are done well with little kibble in robot mode. But with rampage it's a whole new ball game the alt. mode is great ( if u can get him back 2 it with out chunkin' him at a wall.) but the so called jack hammer mode is sooooo a last min. tack on and it has no real meaning. the bot mode is ok ( Reminds me of bonecrusher...alot.) but it could be better if he had feet instead of rubbber nubs. All in all i'd say sideswipe is a must buy, while rampage is only if you got the money and you want him really bad to complet something.

also i have 2 questions
1: when will skids and mudflap come out?
2: is demolisher worth buying?

To answer your questions.......

1. Skids is out already in my area. I found him at a target store. still no word on mudflap yet. Skids is a must buy. The head does suck, but looking past that, it is a decent little transformer. I cant wait to put mudflap next to him.

2. Yes if a. you like the beast machine type transformers with wheels for feet, b. you like a different and unique transformers, and c. you want to complete the constructicon set. I personally like him all around, so I would pick him up.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 11:28 PM   #1027
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post

1. Skids is out already in my area. I found him at a target store. still no word on mudflap yet. Skids is a must buy. The head does suck, but looking past that, it is a decent little transformer. I cant wait to put mudflap next to him.

2. Yes if a. you like the beast machine type transformers with wheels for feet, b. you like a different and unique transformers, and c. you want to complete the constructicon set. I personally like him all around, so I would pick him up.
thanks for the info. I don't have a target near me. all i've got is a walmart and kmart. haven't checked kmart yet but walmart only has wave 1. I rember someone else said that too. Is it a nation wide or world wide thing? or has a few walmarts gotten things screwed up? I'll be picking up demolisher asap.

Old 2009-06-09, 12:59 AM   #1028
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

well I got sideways today and he's pretty good alll around.
but mine was broke, the left side window panel/ wing thing ( in robot mode) was really loose and kept falling out so im taking him back to walmart in hope of finding a better one.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Also im going to check my kmart to see if they have skids or mudflap, cause my walmart won't stock wave 2 or 3 all they have is sideways, sideswipe, breakout, rampage, bumblebee, and soundwave.
Has anyone else had THIS problem.

And hopefully i'll pick up demolisher cause of BlacknRedTed's sugestion

EDIT: damn it that my 3rd double post today!!(WTF) sorry everyone.
EDIT/UPDATE: I got demolishor an hour ago haven't had time to open him yet but im already impressed, his alt. mode is good enough for me I agree with BlacknRedTed, he is a must buy!!
FINAL EDIT/UPDATE: I finally open demolishor and he is awesome. the photo they used for the box makes him kinda look too skinny and top heavy. That is not the case with the figure itself. great detail, easy to transform, and easy to stand up ( with a little bit of fiddling around.). I stick to what I said before he is a must buy. Get him before he's gone.

Last edited by The PS3 KILLeR; 2009-06-09 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2009-06-09, 01:44 PM   #1029
Starfield
Dinobot

Michigan, USA

If they retooled the ice cream truck with different heads I would totally buy it.

Starfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 02:44 PM   #1030
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

As far as I can tell from the pics ive seen, the only thing that has changed about the heads is the color. Still gonna buy it.

Old 2009-06-09, 02:47 PM   #1031
Springer145
You knew what this was...

TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
If they retooled the ice cream truck with different heads I would totally buy it.
I agree...I'm not much of one for comic relief in the form of childish characters - I guess I have a different sense of humor. If Skids and Mudflap were (well, first having different heads lol) something more akin to a couple of hardcore totally no-nonsense mercs that didn't really get along aside from working well together in battle, it would be humorous for them to be stuck together as an ice cream truck...That would be funny to me.

The mold is certainly unique and well thought out imo. I'm tempted to pick it up as a desk ornament - although I'm not sure exactly what messages a pink ice cream truck would send out

Springer145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 02:53 PM   #1032
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer145 View Post
I agree...I'm not much of one for comic relief in the form of childish characters - I guess I have a different sense of humor. If Skids and Mudflap were (well, first having different heads lol) something more akin to a couple of hardcore totally no-nonsense mercs that didn't really get along aside from working well together in battle, it would be humorous for them to be stuck together as an ice cream truck...That would be funny to me.

The mold is certainly unique and well thought out imo. I'm tempted to pick it up as a desk ornament - although I'm not sure exactly what messages a pink ice cream truck would send out
first of all the merc idea is great send that in to bay!
Second, It whould say look at me im a pink ice cream truck, but wait wahtch this Im two kick a** robots. Haha take that Tom with your stupid "my little pony" office!

Last edited by The PS3 KILLeR; 2009-06-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 2009-06-16, 01:20 AM   #1033
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

So according to the checklist there were figures released this month, and the next figures that we expect will be way in September. I don't suppose we'll see anything in-between will we?

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 03:59 AM   #1034
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post

Mudflap's wave (Him, Ravage and I can't remember who else) was first sighted last Monday, So I guess he's out.

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 04:50 AM   #1035
The PS3 KILLeR
The Bearded XENO

Alabama

Well I hope he's out, I can die happy when I get him. ( you didn't hear that god. what no I did't say anything.)

Old 2009-06-16, 04:04 PM   #1036
shockwave88
Protoform

Cybertron

Well by some stroke of luck my local store happened to get 4 ROTF superions so I managed to pick him up (no targets in Canada) I've only happened to find Wave 1 and wave 2's deluxe and voyagers at Toys R Us and walmart. So I picked up Sideways, Sideswipe, and Rampage. They are awesome. all the stores here seem to be sold out of skids, wheelie, and chromia unfortunately (teh fact that chromia was sold out surprised the heck out of me)

shockwave88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 06:18 PM   #1037
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave88 View Post
Well by some stroke of luck my local store happened to get 4 ROTF superions so I managed to pick him up (no targets in Canada) I've only happened to find Wave 1 and wave 2's deluxe and voyagers at Toys R Us and walmart. So I picked up Sideways, Sideswipe, and Rampage. They are awesome. all the stores here seem to be sold out of skids, wheelie, and chromia unfortunately (teh fact that chromia was sold out surprised the heck out of me)
Yeah chromia is starting to become a hot buy in my area as well. I found her at a target a few weeks ago, and ever since then, I havent seen her anywhere since, and then I found her out at my wal-mart a few days ago, and I went back today, and she was gone......so I guess she is getting some love. There where plenty of wheelies on there, I dont think anyone wants that thing, I know I dont. I still havent seen the superions set but hopefully it will show up soon. I still havent saw a ravage yet, but when I do, he is mine. I started picking up the voyager figures with SS, and yes, he is totally worth it.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 06:52 PM   #1038
calabos1
Protoform

the new voyagers are out in my area: mixmaster, megatron, ratchet, and the fallen. Still waiting for the new wave of deluxes though. walmart doesn't seem to be very reliable on getting their new stock out on the shelves. target seems to be the best shot, i've gotten all the new waves from them. Plus walmart seems to be a few cents higher on their stock, especially on scouts for 8.50 when tru and target sell them for 7.50-7.99.

calabos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 06:55 PM   #1039
shockwave88
Protoform

Cybertron

And that is why I wish I had American pricing. I don't know how much scouts cost here (I haven't actually seen any yet) but leaders cost around $60 CDN, Voyagers $30 or so, and deluxes $16 (I haven't actually bought many voyagers from the movie lines, scratch that make it I havent bought any)

shockwave88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 08:09 PM   #1040
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave88 View Post
And that is why I wish I had American pricing. I don't know how much scouts cost here (I haven't actually seen any yet) but leaders cost around $60 CDN, Voyagers $30 or so, and deluxes $16 (I haven't actually bought many voyagers from the movie lines, scratch that make it I havent bought any)
Well, I found Legends Sideswipe at a nice 2.99 GBP at Sainsbury's - as opposed to the 5 GBP Legends seem to be elsewhere just now.

Prices have risen overall, but I guess it's been a long time coming...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote