• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-05-16, 04:24 PM   #961
shockwave88
Protoform

Cybertron

All I can say is
SPOILER! (select to read)
Rampage has working treads OMG they finally got it right instead of using those lame molded treads with wheels in them. Now if only we had more tanks like this.. oh and while I am at it I need to clear things up. Devestator is going to be released as a legends combiner and a set of vehicle-only combiners right?

Last edited by shockwave88; 2009-05-16 at 04:27 PM. Reason: forgot something I wanted to ask
shockwave88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 08:22 PM   #962
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Yes and as individual transforming, normal sized tf's that won't combine. Or is it that you mean that the two you've mentioned are the only ones capable of forming Devastator?? Because in that case you're right.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 09:15 PM   #963
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah. All in all it's pretty lame. Movie Legends aren't really the greatest figures, and I'd rather see them do something like six basics and a deluxe if they're worried about weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Wait, so in America they will put stock on the shelves that you can't buy? That is ridiculous.
So far I've only heard of Walmart screwing up the street date. Most of the time places get it right, but in this case they seem to have missed the street date. The Walmart systems are set up so that figures can't be bought until said date. Which is why they can't be bought yet.

I'd imagine they'd have done that just in case someone sees a box of them being loaded into a back room and decides to open it up so they can score some early figures.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 05:47 AM   #964
calabos1
Protoform

Well since i work at walmart i've already been informed that we are to expect a few people to be waiting around in toys on may 30th midnight. They never told us why, but its so obvious. But from what I've seen with my own eyes we have two 5ft pallets full of voyager and deluxe transformers in the back, along with a 2ft pallet of transformer helmets and blasters, and a few unknown transformers boxes that say tran2 mov boots? I didn't see any Robot heros, Replicas or FABS which i thought was suppose to be included in the preview wave.

I did speak with a co-worker(who will be first in line to grab at least one of each on the 30th) who said that the preview wave will only include 2 deluxe(Bumblebee, Soundwave), 4 voyager(Starscream, Optimus prime, Demolisher, Ironhide) 2 leader(Optimus Prime, Megatron) nation wide.
However some walmart stores may get 3 leaders(Prime, Megatron, Jetfire) and 6 Deluxe(Bumblebee, Soundwave, Rampage, Sideways, Sideswipe, Breakaway). From my understanding those where suppose to be wave two? But walmart computers are supposedly releasing those on may 30th as well if they get them. But this was just what was talk about between me and another co-worker.

Last edited by calabos1; 2009-05-17 at 06:15 AM.
calabos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 12:22 PM   #965
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Wait, so in America they will put stock on the shelves that you can't buy? That is ridiculous.
I don't know about the US, as I live in Canada. And the back did show Sideways as a co-sell to 'Bee and 'Wave... But didn't see him.

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 04:36 AM   #966
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by calabos1 View Post
Well since i work at walmart i've already been informed that we are to expect a few people to be waiting around in toys on may 30th midnight. They never told us why, but its so obvious. But from what I've seen with my own eyes we have two 5ft pallets full of voyager and deluxe transformers in the back, along with a 2ft pallet of transformer helmets and blasters, and a few unknown transformers boxes that say tran2 mov boots? I didn't see any Robot heros, Replicas or FABS which i thought was suppose to be included in the preview wave.

I did speak with a co-worker(who will be first in line to grab at least one of each on the 30th) who said that the preview wave will only include 2 deluxe(Bumblebee, Soundwave), 4 voyager(Starscream, Optimus prime, Demolisher, Ironhide) 2 leader(Optimus Prime, Megatron) nation wide.
However some walmart stores may get 3 leaders(Prime, Megatron, Jetfire) and 6 Deluxe(Bumblebee, Soundwave, Rampage, Sideways, Sideswipe, Breakaway). From my understanding those where suppose to be wave two? But walmart computers are supposedly releasing those on may 30th as well if they get them. But this was just what was talk about between me and another co-worker.

Well thanks for the info. I been to every wal-mart around me(4), target(2), meijers(2), k-mart, Toys R'us, and any other place that I could pickup the preview wave figures, and noone has them out yet, so I will just wait til the 30 and pick what ever I see that day.

On another note I picked up all 3 leader figures from the TF animated line( ultra magnus, bulkhead, megatron) for $60. All I can say is WHAT A DEAL !!!

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 12:42 PM   #967
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

While not really the place for it, congrats!

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 01:43 PM   #968
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post
Well thanks for the info. I been to every wal-mart around me(4), target(2), meijers(2), k-mart, Toys R'us, and any other place that I could pickup the preview wave figures, and noone has them out yet, so I will just wait til the 30 and pick what ever I see that day.

On another note I picked up all 3 leader figures from the TF animated line( ultra magnus, bulkhead, megatron) for $60. All I can say is WHAT A DEAL !!!
I've not seen the preview figures yet but did find some Gravity Bots and a Power Bot Bumblebee last night at a WM. (I didn't pick any up, not interested in those, so I have no idea if they'd be able to scan for sale.) It was odd to see those trickle out early(?) since my locales usually get stuff late. I remember the first movie toys came out exactly the day they were 'officially' meant to though.

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 05:36 PM   #969
*BARRAGE*
wait... he's still alive?

we get toys late typically as well, and the last wave sometimes never comes =/

*BARRAGE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 02:51 AM   #970
calabos1
Protoform

Well from what I've seen target has already set up there Transformer rotf mod on the shelves. So there ready to be filled on the 30th when they close for restock. My walmart however is completely denying that we even have any transformers coming in (Despite the fact that we have 3 pallet fulls of them on backstock in the back lol) from what the toys department has told me they don't plan on setting the ROTF mod till next friday afternoon and will have no part in stocking any Transformers till Saturday if they have overstock on them.
The overnighters will be stocking them but won't start till about 1am or 2am on saturday. I'm not sure if true but what I heard from another forum was that many preorders are out of stock. ?

Old 2009-05-21, 09:44 AM   #971
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

While my Asda is all ROTF kitted out shelves, tickets (and Legends prices! just shy of 4 quid now! Becoming less and less good value...), there's no sign of the figures. Just a few straggling Animated Screamer Legends, and the last of the first wave of Animated Deluxes. That's right. First wave. They just don't seem to have shifted in Hamilton. On the plus side, they seem to have shifted enough at last for a few Sentinel Prime's to appear. I figure the few kids buying the Animated line have probably snapped up most of that case this week! (I've been away for work most of the last two weeks in the back-of-beyond.)

Hopefull, though, if the preview figures don't appear, that means the main wave will hit proper. I'm just hoping it won't be a repeat of the first movie, where some places here just ended up with the preview wave warming shelves for months.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 07:26 AM   #972
calabos1
Protoform

HA Ha, I spoke with our toys associates today and apparently our local target put out all their ROTF stock on shelves this morning, however when their customers flooded to buy them their system prevented them from selling any of them. Which then target gave everyone there a ran check for the 30th and removed every ROTF toy out on stock.
This was coming from angry customers today who came from target wanting to know when our ROTF stock was coming out. Still confused as why we can't go back and bring them out on stock if we have them lol. Apparently the fact that Walmart(along with all other retailers) who has agreed not to release any till the 30th in contract with Hasbro and our suppliers means nothing to these people lol I was told that one guy was getting very verbal at one of my co-workers wanting her to go in the back and get him ROTF figures since we had them in the store on back stock. She had to get a manger followed by 3 others lol
The guy also tried to go in the back to look for them, but was stopped by APC.
Its so funny
But it also makes me wonder if the guy acted that way in target, but I bet he was led out by security(Since target will throw you out for raising your voice at a cashier). Walmart won't even dare threaten a call for police or a frown. I've seen an employee attacked by a customer before and the only thing management did was step in and allowed the guy to leave without saying anything to him. Infact they blamed him for not being more customer friendly and he was hurt(Well he had a big bruise on his chest, he should have sued them).

Old 2009-05-22, 02:10 PM   #973
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
While my Asda is all ROTF kitted out shelves, tickets (and Legends prices! just shy of 4 quid now! Becoming less and less good value...), there's no sign of the figures. Just a few straggling Animated Screamer Legends, and the last of the first wave of Animated Deluxes. That's right. First wave. They just don't seem to have shifted in Hamilton.
where i am, a couple of stores seemed to get a whole new batch of wave one as little as six-eight weeks ago. is its possible that their wholesalers had some n discount lol?

the rise in legends pricing suggests that hasbro have finally realised how popular they are (or that europe has become more open to vertical substitution/segmentation, where people still buy transformers, but switch to cheaper ones when they have less available cash)

on a seperate note, i pre-ordered my leader prime from play.com. 42.99 free postage (so a saving of three whole pounds sterling. i'm curious to see, given the whole street date thing, whether it ships on the 30th (a saturday?) or they wait till the monday after, or if they ship it early for me to receive it on the 30th - I've had that happen a few times (alsowith amazon on that last harry potter beadle the bard book, which dropped through my door a day before its release. shame it was a christmas present, really)

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 02:43 PM   #974
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Wow, cal. That's pretty excessive for toys. I understand people want these, but if they're not out on shelves, and the people say they can't legally sell them yet, then there's no need for such behavior.

Though it probably would have been best if they just lied and said "No. We don't have these yet."

Target probably handled this the best way by giving rainchecks and pulling them from shelves so no one else would try to buy them. That way they're covering their asses contractwise while still guaranteeing that the customer will eventually get the figure they want.

Some kid on another board went to Walmart, and they wouldn't sell it to him. They give him some bologna excuse, and didn't even say anything about the street date until he pressed the matter. At first they gave him a "sucks to be you" response and wouldn't even agree to hold it for him, but after he made a big stink about it the store manager finally apologized for the way he was treated and promised to hold the Starscream that he wanted at customer service.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 03:27 PM   #975
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
Wow, cal. That's pretty excessive for toys. I understand people want these, but if they're not out on shelves, and the people say they can't legally sell them yet, then there's no need for such behavior.

Though it probably would have been best if they just lied and said "No. We don't have these yet."

Target probably handled this the best way by giving rainchecks and pulling them from shelves so no one else would try to buy them. That way they're covering their asses contractwise while still guaranteeing that the customer will eventually get the figure they want.

Some kid on another board went to Walmart, and they wouldn't sell it to him. They give him some bologna excuse, and didn't even say anything about the street date until he pressed the matter. At first they gave him a "sucks to be you" response and wouldn't even agree to hold it for him, but after he made a big stink about it the store manager finally apologized for the way he was treated and promised to hold the Starscream that he wanted at customer service.
Thus why I would never work at Wal Mart as a cashier. I have a temper a mile long, as some of you have seen, and if a customer tried to come to blows with me I would probably knock his head off as best I could. There is just absolutely no excuse for customers acting that way towards cashiers or any employee when they are doing their job correctly. I was pretty civil and cool headed at Target when asking about the gestalt and when the ROTF stock my be out, but they weren't sure, but they pointed at one fixture in particular and said that is where it would be at. They were pretty cool and friendly in that regard and I thanked them pretty darn well by going to their food court and buying a snack for lunch.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 09:14 PM   #976
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...lgreens/15932/

scouts are out at (at least one) walgreens. i know they mark up their toys compared to other places, but $10.99? for a scout? geez...

Old 2009-05-23, 10:49 PM   #977
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

review of leader jetfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5E-pjPV-o

i love how he just sort of gives up with it at certain points. the toy isnt hidious once in robot mode, it just seems a bit of a pain to get it there.

and of course

combined mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURl0_Dqy8A

think i'll wait to see the movie to see how accurate this is before shelling out for jetfire. the figure itself doesnt do too much for me, though i might pick him up on discount if i ever see him, but the combined mode just looks like an ungainly rocket pack. the leg cleverness was the only interesting thing, the arms dont do anything for me, and there is only one additional weapon to speak of.

Old 2009-05-24, 12:09 AM   #978
calabos1
Protoform

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...lgreens/15932/

scouts are out at (at least one) walgreens. i know they mark up their toys compared to other places, but $10.99? for a scout? geez...
My Walgreens have the scouts- Rollbar, Dirt Boss, Ransack, and dead end.
Along with several legends rotf

Old 2009-05-24, 09:58 AM   #979
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
review of leader jetfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5E-pjPV-o

i love how he just sort of gives up with it at certain points. the toy isnt hidious once in robot mode, it just seems a bit of a pain to get it there.

and of course

combined mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURl0_Dqy8A

think i'll wait to see the movie to see how accurate this is before shelling out for jetfire. the figure itself doesnt do too much for me, though i might pick him up on discount if i ever see him, but the combined mode just looks like an ungainly rocket pack. the leg cleverness was the only interesting thing, the arms dont do anything for me, and there is only one additional weapon to speak of.

You forgot something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw1__z38SnE

ROTF Voyager class Long Haul.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 06:28 PM   #980
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Jetfire actually looks far more interesting than I had expected from the amount of kibble on the Blackbird's underside. I am quite tempted... I'll see how he is in the film. I think I'd prefer a Voyager class version, though, as mad as that may sound!

Long Haul is just plain fantastic!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote