[CUSTOM] Alternator Halfshell (completed)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Alternator Halfshell (completed)

Post by Clay »

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/ ... halfshell/

Black Mustang w/white pinstripes. Robot parts will be teal with a conservative use of gold instead of brown. Will combine the roof and undercarriage into a shield and make room for the back cannons as a result.

Maybe a couple of days left to go, who knows. It's taking longer than I thought. It was only supposed to be a weekend project!!
Retread
Protoform

Post by Retread »

Nice Job on the stripes. Should be interesting to see this shield mod.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I know; I'll have to think of one!

The stripes need evening out in places, but I'll wait to do that until after I've put thing the back together. It'll be easier that way.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hey, that thing doesn't look like Flywheels!

Great looking so far, Clay. I look forward to its completion.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Came up with two ideas for shields. The first is to simply use the roof, and the other combines the roof and the undercarriage. The latter is too heavy for the ball joint in the elbow, so it may need to be shoulder mounted or something.

Did make it so that the handle folds up and out of the way, so I can make additional modifications if needed.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here's what I came up with. I borrowed the idea from the original control sketch and cut the plate in half. I then installed a swiveling piece of plastic on both plates, and they pin into the sides of the waist.

The sword and the front of the car holds the plate together, as well as some pins I put into the back of the waist (where the plate normally connects).

mounted
togther
Clay

Post by Clay »

Have partially reassembled the thing to fine-tune the stripes. The front left part of the chassis is crooked. I don't know how I managed to screw that up :\
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

You just love the Mustang mold don't ya? You make it look great, no matter what the character is. I bet you could even do Wheelie.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Lookin great. But how does the bottom section which holds the sword in car mode attach to the roof section now? That looks like a cool mod, i have a huge Mustang project in the works now and i like how this changes the look of the bot mode.
Clay

Post by Clay »

secretcode wrote:You just love the Mustang mold don't ya?
I like the car, and the toy is easy to take apart and paint. Also, other people seem to be frustrated by it, so I've had at least three of things given to me for custom fodder. I certainly don't say no...
Sonray wrote:Lookin great. But how does the bottom section which holds the sword in car mode attach to the roof section now?
It doesn't anymore. The two pieces put together were too heavy for the arm to hold up, so I had to do something different, hence the hip guards.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Ya'll ever gonna finish this beast? Any updates?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I've been fixing the widths of the pinstripes for the past few days. It's a tedious affair...
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

I hear ya. Try doing them on a real car...talk about hair-rippingly frustrating! Many swear words was used on that day...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Right, so I haven't really been working on this for a while. Three weeks ago, I got a new computer after crawling along with the old one for 7.5 years. As such, I've been playing so many video games that my left mouse button broke off, so I reckon I ought to do something else for a while. I HAVE BEATEN ALL OF THE GAMES, THOUGH.

I finished width-matching the pinstripes on the sides and the roof. Now I just need to fix the hood and the trunk, and clean up wherever the paint bled under the masking tape, and it should be close to finished.

Top four pictures in the photobucket folder are new.

Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Played too many FPS'S that you broke your mouse huh? lol, awesome.

He's looking great! Im working on a mustang at the moment as well, hopefully i'll have mine done around the same time as yours by the sounds of it.

We rock!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Nice work. Remind me: is that alt prime's head, or Grimmer's painted blue?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Prime's head.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Could not get the side stripes to come out clean and even, so I scrubbed those pieces down and went for another pattern that I've seen on Mustangs around town. Everything came out well this time, so I can finally get on with it.

Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Cool. Yeah, stripe pattern's familiar. I think it works just fine.