Movie Prime and Megs protos. Both modes.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
RID Scourge

Movie Prime and Megs protos. Both modes.

Post by RID Scourge »

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6984&ss=as

Both are a little kibble-liscious for me. From whatever that is behind Prime, it looks like they might put electronics in him. I don't know why, but I can just see Megs having a voice like Mother Brain from the Captain N cartoon.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

you kno, i kinda almost like these better than the actual CGI pics of the robot modes we have already seen. They have more umph and size to em. Im still amazingly dissapointed with megs alt mode. I have no problem with it being a plane, thats just a butt ugly plane.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Hm, I actually kind of like those. The quality of the paint job will make or break them, but just from that image they look pretty good.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I think that's the best Megatron I've seen. Honestly. Not so crazy about Prime, but he doesn't look bad.

Edit: Mega Version of Prime
Mega Version of Prime

Like him more than the larger one.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Giving credit where it is due, the designers were able to pull off a fairly close likeness to the CG images of Megatron. True, it does look a bit like an Inhumanoid but it is nice to see a few more movie toy designs that have higher level of detail, as seen with the Incinerator prototype (I think that’s right - the helicopter?). It does restore my faith in the new line. Then again, Megs is…well…it’s an interesting sight. I’m not to sure about the vehicle mode. I’m assuming this is some variety of Cybertronian air/spacecraft and not some “top secret” military jet. It seems like it is either a half-assed vehicle design or it is improperly transformed. I say this because Prime’s bot mode appears improperly transformed - notice that the fists are backwards (edit: first image). Speaking of which, Prime on the other hand I think has more potential. It looks like a nice vehicle design that seems pull off a decent humanoid form and still manages to bear a resemblance to its movie counterpart. I’m more anxious to see the final product of this one, all painted up blue and red - with the flames of course. Hopefully it should look slick.

edit:: Larger Prime looks fantastic. Looks masterpiece size…can’t really tell though. Final product should look great.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I always fell kinda uncomfortable when photos of resin protos surface...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

I'm not sure which is which, but I really really don't like the Prime proto that's with Megatron. Megatron's good, but that second Prime just sucks. I like the more streamlined one.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

those are beautiful. i'm looking forward, more and more, to this movie.
Come on and wind me up.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

The toys actually look better than the actual CGI Transformers. Maybe it's because that the wheels and stuff are actually visible, making them look like Transformers.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Mega Optimus Prime looks really good. And his Smokestacks turn into rifles!

The other two? Not so much. The alt-mode for Megatron is terrible.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i almosft fell out of my chair from looking at the detail put into these toys. geez!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I always fell kinda uncomfortable when photos of resin protos surface...
It's vaguely suspicious that whoever wanted them public went through Duron -- it means more sites mirroring. On the other hand, the CGI designs are public now and starting to show up on the front of magazines. And if whoever it was is in the fandom, they may have simply done it so another site couldn't slap an exclusive on it.
numbat

Post by numbat »

WOW!

I absolutely love these figures! Only a horrendously bad paintjob can ruin them for me!

Megatron looks phenomenal to me, at least. The detail is amazing, and as long as his alt mode is not meant to be Earth based, he rocks!

Both Primes looks fantastic, with teh Megat bearing a greater resemblance (certainly proportions-wise) to his movie counterpart (although I am kinda on the fence as to which I prefer... Probably the Mega, but all hangs on the paint job [and price]!)

Hey-hey - shaping up very well!

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Amazing! Megatron transforms...from a jumbled mess...to a different kind of jumbled mess! Image

:p
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Amazing! Megatron transforms...from a jumbled mess...to a different kind of jumbled mess! Image

:p

...smartass... LOL....and you're right.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Well, I'm pretty impressed with both figures, especially all of the detail work. But - this character still does not seem at all like "Megatron". The designers really should have at least worked in the "helmet/bullet" head. (Yeah, I realize that Armada's Megatron didn't have it; and it didn't seem like a Megatron. They could just as easily have called it "Mooseatron".) The only way that this character will seem at all like "Megatron", _maybe_, is if Frank Welker does get to do the voice.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Now I am justified - Megs has no spikes or overlapping sharp bits a la CGI. In fact, he looks very much more threatening in robot mode, although the vehicle simply cannot be from Earth; please tell me it's going to be Cybertronian and I can live with the odd way he goes together. However, he isn't Megs until we see him on screen. Armada version was Megs by default, although I have grown to like him, and this will be the case with every version of him, or any of the other characters. Miss the arm-mounted cannon and the helmet, though *sigh*.

Prime. Well. You all know I'm not mad about Prime, but the individual shot shows a very well modelled and proportioned piece, and is very droolable overable. I hope the final paint job lives up to the promise, considering what colours we have already seen. I am now wondering whether the flames will look out of place and if a classic scheme might be better here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Originally posted by Clogs
...In fact, he looks very much more threatening in robot mode, although the vehicle simply cannot be from Earth; please tell me it's going to be Cybertronian and I can live with the odd way he goes together....

If i remember correctly i either heard a rumor or report somewhere that megs alt form is some form of double secret highly classified future plane completely made up just for this movie.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
If i remember correctly i either heard a rumor or report somewhere that megs alt form is some form of double secret highly classified future plane completely made up just for this movie.

The old sci-fi way out of a problem...

"OMG! What is it?"

"Don't worry - it's one of ours. The plans are... classified."

I laughed when I first saw the premise; I laughed when someone thought it would be a good idea for Megs. Well, it's different. LOL insanely. :laugh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gremlin
Protoform

Megatron,Optimus Prototypes

Post by Gremlin »

:D Both do offer a better perception without the paint. Guys maintained the spirit and character of both.

Optimus: So heavily fortified,heavily armed,a lot of energon under the
hood. Warrior,engineer.There are no negatives.

Megatron:So he's a jet. Military,industrial structures.Quasi Giger.
Leader,drill sargeant,if you betray me,you will be recycled attitude.
So little flying friend,what do you have to say. No Negatives.