Transformers Movie: Adaptation #1-4/TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Transformers Movie: Adaptation #1-4/TPB

Post by Denyer »

First part out now (6th June) and the rest to follow at weekly intervals. :)
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Picked up the TPB Movie adaptation at Forbidden Planet and will only say I'm sure IDW cut out the bits in the movie I'll love and the ending will be better on screen.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I now have issue 2 and note that, on the final panel, Prime seems unnaturally pleased to meet the humans :o !!!!

(Sorry, but my eyes were inevitably drawn to that part of mechanical(?) anatomy due to the usual 'just beyond the human character's' POV.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So did IDW not shell out for the likenesses of the actors then? Apart from Simmons and, to a much lesser extent, Sam no one looked like they do in the film (and it's unlikely just to be bad art considering they changed to colour of soldier boys hair).

It's also very badly edited, cuting bits out but leaving stuff in that references the lost stuff. Most obviously Blond Aussie woman shows up randomly for a page (and the covers for some reason) despite the rest of her stuff not being included.

Loved the careful removing of the product placement though: "On-line auction site" indeed.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. It seemed a bit rushed, for the most part. could gave done with another issue to flush it out, or a few more unimportant things being cut out (ie the blonde woman, as Dalek mentioned. If you're going to cut out all the scenes where she's useful, what's the point of leaving that in?). I'm glad I saw the movie before I read this.

Prequel was all right.

Didn't like the art, so much, though. It was extremely hard to tell what was going on, in both this book and the prequel. That was especially true on the pages, where there was no real color.

Prequel was better-written, which I have a feeling had a lot to do with not having to work with a pre-scripted story. I'm sure there was some criteria they had to meet, but by and large they had free reign.

I'll probably pick up the Beast Wars and the first 1-2 trades to see how that reads. Not a whole lot impressed with my first venture into idw territory.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
I'll probably pick up the Beast Wars and the first 1-2 trades to see how that reads. Not a whole lot impressed with my first venture into idw territory.
From what I saw of the movie adaptation, it's not representative at all of IDW's overall TF output. I'd question the use of a relatively inexperienced sequential artist on such a high-profile project.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
It was extremely hard to tell what was going on, in both this book and the prequel.

Just like the movie? HEY-O!
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Annoucement for "Search for Starscream" --

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=122899