Free Comic Book Day reminder! [May 5th]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Free Comic Book Day reminder! [May 5th]

Post by Denyer »

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

The IDW TF book is, as mentioned previously, Movie Prequel #1 + extra Don art.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

This is one favorite days during the year!:D
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Y'know, it only tends to be worth it for the little giveaway toys they do. That plus my local comic guy palms off the worst of his back-stock as freebies too. Might pop in just on principle that there's a TF comic there :\
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Kinda wish it wasn't this weekend, as they are a bunch of Comics I'd like to unload, and dropping them off at the local comic shop would be better than just pitching them (don't have time to ship them, anywhere, either. Could try Craig's list, if I can be bothered). Sadly, I'm busy this weekend. :\
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

http://www.freecomicbookday.com is not infallable. Found out today that my usual local emporium, Another World, is participating, but is not mentioned on the website. There are, apparently, chuns of the free TF comic available, although it escapes me why this should be so after last year's non-runner... :rolleyes:

In other words - go LOOK everyone and good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Weren't many UK stores participating last year from what I was told... nice to see more, then. And yeah -- movie year. Helps.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Well it seems it was early in my University with a local vender having it available today (though she doesn't come in on sat' so maybe why). . . .
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

:(

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/fcbd_global.asp

any chance someone could pick me up a copy ?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Stupid comic day!

We (Me and some of my friends) went to the only 2 comic book stores in Israel(both are in Tel aviv, stupid city for a stupid day. All the pretty girls are there, so that makes me act a little stupid too. Stupid comic book day in a stupid city with hot girls making me act stupid).

So i got 2 of the same comic( the IDW TF Prequel one, for my friends who couldn't come) and also 6 TPBs!!!! i couldn't resist. I got the Cable and Deadpool TPBs I needed to complete the set so far( 1 and 6) and since i enjoyed Civil war( I know, it's rare) i got the Spiderman and main story TPBs as well, along with the latest fallen son comic book. Add that to the Hearts of steel and DW's G1 vol.2 comics and 2 Action figures i really wanted and you got one very very expensive "free comic book" day....

Damn Stupid comic book day...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
:(

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/fcbd_global.asp

any chance someone could pick me up a copy ?

Which one(s) are you after? Can't promise, but I'll try; don't imagine postage would be too much. Loads left of a goodly selection in Another World well after lunch and I'm back at work (when next they're open) on Tuesday. It's just across the road from my new office, and teabreak is 10:30, so...? pm me if you wish...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

With my laptop out, and a lot of free time, I decided to visit a local
comic shop. I managed to come in on May 5th, "Free Comic Book
Day". So now I own the movie prequel Comic #1, as well as Spotlight #1 and some of Storm Bringer and Generations. I guess
I am blessed, or something.