Revolutionary War

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Revolutionary War

Post by Skyquake87 »

Wooooooooooo!!!! Marvel UK!!!!

So I have just been to the comical book shop and have been VERY PLEASED with the first two parts of 'Revolutionary War'.

Nearly 20 years (f**k me) since the plug was pulled on Marvel UK, Andy Lanning and Alan Cowsill have dusted down the likes of Hell's Angel, Warheads, Knights Of Pendragon and Death's Head II for a lap of victory.

And its pretty good. Not mind blowing, but good solid stuff with some great art (thus far - although Richard Elson still can't draw DHII) and a lot better than the original comics actually were.

Hooray! I feel like I'm 14 again!

Seriously, this stage in Marvel UK's development is as important to me as the Transformers/ Dragon's Claws/ Death's Head era was and I loved this stuff so much and was sad when it all went pear shaped.

What's nice is that this is a revival done well. There's some nods to the past, but nothing that gets in the way of the story which is basically the return of Mys-Tech after a battle in London, which S.H.I.E.L.D covered up.
billgate
Protoform

Post by billgate »

Captain Daniel Witwicky sat back at his desk and enjoyed something rare - silence. Little Sam was out at school and Alyssa was at work - her unit was on Anti-Terrorism drills this month, so she was in and out quite a bit. His unit, on the other hand, was on stand-down for the month, which ment he had quite a bit more free time then he was used to. Currently, he was just relaxing, enjoying the few moments of peace and quiet - because what was going to come next would pretty much ruin any downtime he would have for the forseeable future.
Nawaz