Movie 4 toys... it begins

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

From TFW, the first pictures of the new-look Optimus

The amount of kibble is similar to the deluxe Optimus from DOTM, so I'd imagine it's that size.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's a leader class Optimus.

And it looks bitching, back kibble be damned. Paint job, if it carries to the final product, is great.

Plus, leader class is back!

If the rest of the autobot cast have vehicle modes of this quality [I don't see any pop up mechtech holes], I might dive in for the entire set.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Hmm. If its a deluxe, then its pretty neat. anything bigger than that ... Paint app is good, but is this one of Hasbro's notorious 'test shot' versions that end up on the pack shots?

Still not sure about the slightly slug-like vehicle mode.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Looking at the level of detail and types of joints used that's gotta be Deluxe class, right? It would seem odd to use some of those joints even in Voyager class, not to mention the high degree of hollow parts on show.

As a Deluxe it's ok, but hardly spectacular.

As anything bigger it's a pass unless this is miss transformed badly.

Vehicle mode is neat - I hope the final line has chrome!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
MarkNL

Post by MarkNL »

Wow.. what a creep. The toy stores in the Netherlands will be once again loaded with these new figs of the new movie line next to the shelves full of Bot Shots (:down:). No Generations-line toys here... Only movie stuff and Bot Shots... :nonono:
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Confirmed on other boards (go check if you like) as Leader Class. Yes, Leader Class. That'll be the old passeroo, then.

Interetsingly though, the figure appears to be solicited as part of the Generations line. Maybe a much smaller movie line this time, with the toys being shoehorned into the Generations line after the IDW toys are done with (I'm guessing after the wave with Armada Starscream, Rattrap, Scoop and some other figure I've forgotten)?
Wreck and Rule!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

MarkNL wrote:Wow.. what a creep. The toy stores in the Netherlands will be once again loaded with these new figs of the new movie line next to the shelves full of Bot Shots (:down:). No Generations-line toys here... Only movie stuff and Bot Shots... :nonono:
Actually, the Toys R Us in Rotterdam had Generations Grimlock, Blaster and Soundwave ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Official pics from Hasbro to TFW2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-178572/

Looks like some of the back kibble from the previous pics are actually samurai-like leg/hip armor.

Not surprisingly, Hasbro didn't give us a side shot showing Optimus' anorexic arm. Of course, between films, Jolt returned and put Optimus' dismembered arm back together with bits from Sentinel and Megatron.
MarkNL

Post by MarkNL »

Springer85 wrote:Actually, the Toys R Us in Rotterdam had Generations Grimlock, Blaster and Soundwave ;)
Wow. Never been there, but I think I should visit it some time!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Looking better in those official photos. Given Hasbron aren't known for their ability to transform their own figures correctly for stock photos let alone conventions, I guess that's not surprising. He still has a load of wheels hanging off his back - wonder if the CGI model does?

I really love the chrome and even if the robot mode isn't perfect, that truck looks gorgeous. I'll wait to see before committing, and doubt I would pay full price anyway.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Truck mode is awesome. The robot mode is....meh.
numbat wrote: I really love the chrome and even if the robot mode isn't perfect, that truck looks gorgeous. I'll wait to see before committing, and doubt I would pay full price anyway.
Agreed. I didn't pay full price for Leader class Ironhide. I'm certainly not paying it for that.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm just wondering how well that translates to the on screen model. It feels pretty different, so we might actually be seeing a fairly big redesign.
I like bears.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

I think the truck mode is okay, just not too much on the robot, especially given it's Leader Class. Leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.
Clay

Post by Clay »

London toy fair, now ten days away, will showcase TF4 toys.

Is everyone ready for the next deluge of movie stuff? All I ask for is a domestic release of Que, Soundwave, and Leadfoot from the last movie. :|
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Que can now be found for what he'd cost at retail if he was out today...

Looking forward to seeing some of the bots. Compared to the other movies, they've made a FANTASTIC job so far with toy security.

We had seen pictures of Blackout and Barricade 9 months or so before the movie [their toys, I mean] and at around this time there were circulating pictures of leader class prototypes.

AoE, we've only seen that one Leader/Voyager Prime, right?

And the toys come out this May?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Knightdramon wrote:
AoE, we've only seen that one Leader/Voyager Prime, right?
And that one toy was at a convention/fair thing, iirc, on display. I'm fairly curious as to what they'll do this time around. Hopefully not more MechTech.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Is everyone ready for the next deluge of movie stuff? All I ask for is a domestic release of Que, Soundwave, and Leadfoot from the last movie. :|
Mmm, surely worth putting out as wave padding even if two of them are at best going to be in totally different forms (and I'll be [pleasantly] surprised if the Wreckers make it into 4).

I still find the complete non-release of three unique Deluxe car (i.e. TF lifeblood) moulds very bizarre... even though DOTM shelf-warmed badly you'd think they were ripe for online exclusives or Generations or something...
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...I couldn't understand that either, if you have a character up there on screen and its likely to appeal to anyone halfway interested in owning a physical representation of that character and you have financed a mould for it...what's the point of not releasing it? Where's the financial logic in that? Perhaps Hasbro figured only Japan would give two hoots and the rest of us can subsist on Prime and Bumblebee toys until our ears bleed. Or something.

I suppose we're going to get another fifty thousand Bumblebee toys out of this as well. So , y'know....faint cheer and sarcastic applause for that.

Given how crappy a lot of the DOTM toys turned out, I can't see the next 'round of Movie toys being up to much. Especially after the dismal finishing and general 'will this do?' release the Prime toys all got.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

One excuse given was they didn't want the Soundwave toy to reveal the surprise so they purposely placed him in a later wave. His wave happened to be so late here in the US that it was cancelled and voila a unique mold is lost to the ether.

I agree the unique toys not given a wide enough release to initially recoup their development costs will be seen again in wacky recolors throughout the AOE toyline.
Come on and wind me up.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

With both Que and Soundwave late, I'd wager it's something about finalizing the licensing of the Mercedes-Benz alternate modes, or something along those lines.

Still kind of annoying how those two, plus Leadfoot didn't even get a proper Hasbro release whereas they had the time and space to get random stuff like Thundercracker and Air Raid and new toys for the Twins and Barricade on the shelves. Dino didn't even get a toy!