Generations/Fall of Cybertron Toys

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
praetorian
Protoform

Generations/Fall of Cybertron Toys

Post by praetorian »

Apparently out in May.

Optimus

Shockwave

Jazz
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Looking forward to seeing Shockwave's.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

For some reason, the links don't work :|
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

They were probably pulled.
Knightdramon
Protoform

FOC Gestalt Bruticus, B*TCH!!

Post by Knightdramon »

Pictures from gameinformer article

F*CK yeah, B*tch! F*ck YEAH! :wave::up::clap:

---

ImageImageImageImageImage
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Knightdramon wrote:Pictures from gameinformer article

F*CK yeah, B*tch! F*ck YEAH! :wave::up::clap:
Moved your post to the news thread. :)

I'm curious how this is going to work out. Will we get a team of five combining Combaticons, or will this be like the ROTF Constructicons where we got a few members as standalone toys and then a giant Devastator without the individual robot modes?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The Brawl toy at least is suspiciously combine-able looking with that purple piece on his robot's rear, that looks ratcheted and ends up on the rear of the vehicle untouched and unused.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

:up::up:

Praise if they are really doing it. Pray please don't screw it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I wasn't much of a fan of the WFC Generations figures. They just looked weird. These Combaticons look better. I hope the gestalt (if it is one) isn't the same sort of poorly engineered shit that characterised the Energon and PCC combiners.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Warcry wrote:Moved your post to the news thread. :)

I'm curious how this is going to work out. Will we get a team of five combining Combaticons, or will this be like the ROTF Constructicons where we got a few members as standalone toys and then a giant Devastator without the individual robot modes?
They've apparently said that we'll be getting all 5 members in Deluxe size and they will combine.

Personally I was/am hoping for a Voyager Onslaught and the rest in Deluxe size.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Definitely sweet. Bruticus is back! I'm hoping for Grimlock.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Thunderwave wrote:They've apparently said that we'll be getting all 5 members in Deluxe size and they will combine.

Personally I was/am hoping for a Voyager Onslaught and the rest in Deluxe size.
Hmm...haven't Hasbro imposed a deluxe only mandate on these CHUG toys?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Skyquake87 wrote:Hmm...haven't Hasbro imposed a deluxe only mandate on these CHUG toys?
Well, from my understanding "Robots in Disguise" is the new generic catch all line for anything that's not Movie related (the Movie line is continuing with the "Movie Trilogy" line), so stuff like Transformers Prime, probably more "Classics" style figures, and Fall of Cybertron toys will be in it. Note, however, that RiD already contains Voyagers in the form of Optimus Prime and Megatron from TF: Prime.

While I certainly hope they continue to focus on the Deluxe sized toys (they hurt my wallet less), some figures just don't feel right at that size. Also, it's not as if Hasbro hasn't "cheated" before when it came to Generations, i.e. technically Lugnut, Sea Spray, and Grappel where Reveal the Shield but are, when you get down to it, Classics style figures.

That said, I'm a sucker for the Fall of Cybertron character designs.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm more intrigued on how they'll be released. Five deluxes spread amongst two-three waves or a possible "Leader class" giftset with Bruticus?

From a marketing standpoint, there's more AWE in seeing a big figure in a package rather than five smaller ones with a graphic on the back highlighting a combination you'll be able to do in a month or two.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Thunderwave wrote:Well, from my understanding "Robots in Disguise" is the new generic catch all line for anything that's not Movie related (the Movie line is continuing with the "Movie Trilogy" line), so stuff like Transformers Prime, probably more "Classics" style figures, and Fall of Cybertron toys will be in it. Note, however, that RiD already contains Voyagers in the form of Optimus Prime and Megatron from TF: Prime.
If the news from UK Toy Fair was accurate, all of the FoC toys are going to fall under the Generations banner. If that's the case then we should expect everything in the line to be Deluxe-sized until we hear otherwise.
Knightdramon wrote:I'm more intrigued on how they'll be released. Five deluxes spread amongst two-three waves or a possible "Leader class" giftset with Bruticus?
Five Deluxes would be more in line with Unicron in terms of price, wouldn't they? I'd be really surprised if they released such a big gift to mass retail in a non-Movie year, but I guess stranger things have happened.

But you'd think that they'd want to avoid the distribution problems that made collecting the Energon combiners so hard. After all, isn't that why the PCCs were small enough that they could sell the whole team at a reasonable price point? Unless they plan on shipping the Combaticons as a single wave at the Deluxe price point, with an equal number of each character per case, I'm not sure what would work better than a gift set.
Knightdramon wrote:From a marketing standpoint, there's more AWE in seeing a big figure in a package rather than five smaller ones with a graphic on the back highlighting a combination you'll be able to do in a month or two.
That's true, but it's also a lot harder for kids to buy the $80 gift set than it is to buy one Deluxe a month until they've got the whole team. I'd assume that they'd make more money by selling each Combaticon individually.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Warcry wrote:That's true, but it's also a lot harder for kids to buy the $80 gift set than it is to buy one Deluxe a month until they've got the whole team. I'd assume that they'd make more money by selling each Combaticon individually.
They could go the 1980s route and do both individual figures through the year and then a gift-set for a Christmas pack. Just to cheese off completists, the gift-set could also include exclusive Mechtech or Powerizer weaponry features.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'd hope they do both...it'd be nice to have a gestalt that you can build up a bit at a time.i miss that.giftsets are nice and all,but there's something more satisfying about something you've had to put a bit of effort into to complete :-)
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Those are pretty sweet, and I am looking forward to those...but when are they going to release the rest of the DotM figures!?! Isn't it a little strange that we're this far along with no actually new figures? Where's Dino and Mirage and Soundwave and Leadfoot and any of the other Dreads?

The showing from DotM has been pitiful. :(
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

They'll be in the "Movie Trilogy" line. More details will be made available this weekend at ToyFair.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Here is Onslaught.
More info can be seen here.