Shane McCarthy All Hail Megatron series mid-point interview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Shane McCarthy All Hail Megatron series mid-point interview

Post by Denyer »

http://www.oneshallstand.com/articles/s ... arthy.html

Nice set of direct questions. Answers... well, you decide.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Surprisingly reasonable when he's not grandstanding on a board... There's some serious PR spiel in there (I don't for a minute believe that he considers how his work meshes with the Deadfurmanverse, but I'm kinda thinking on paper more power to him, I'm not sure I'd want to shackle myself to some of the things done there), but his answers are otherwise fairly laidback. I mean, did he just use the word 'fun' for a Transformers comic? Sod that, you bastard, we need a dark, miserable Spotlight about suicide or ancient death-Gods.

Fun is good. It's giant toy robots knocking the crap out of each other, it's a valid approach. I can't comment on whether the comics are actually delivering this (though it's worth bearing in mind Furman probably aimed for epic drama and that didn't exactly come off), but it's a decent enough motive.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Probably the first interview where he's come accross well, mainly because the questions are pitched at the right tone of directly adressing the issues without being so confrontational he just doesn't answer.

If he seriously doesn't think the pace is an issue (as of issue 5- as far as I am at the moment- the set up is exactly the same as at the end of issue 1) he's out of his head. I'm also not so sure it was a good idea to do a comic where Decepticons twatting things is pretty much a constant if Hasbro are adverse to the idea.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

His intentions are good, but the actual results are nothing like them. I think that the main issue here is that this is not just a matter of continuity (or maybe it's just my issue).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MeGrimlock wrote:His intentions are good, but the actual results are nothing like them.
Eric Holmes was the same, really. Interesting ideas on paper, bugger all use at implementing them effectively in the space provided.

edit: Devastation has some of the same failings...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

That was interesting... Some nice insight into what young Shane is trying to do in AHM and, perhaps, why is seems so slow (as I have said elsewhere a few times).

The revelation of the traitor is in issue 8, then? Good, but I hope thereafter the plot doesn't go into overdrive i.e. the 'oh-hell-someone-please-complete-this-we're-running-out-of-ink-and-pa...' manner we have recently seen from the main Furman continuity series. Well, there will still be another four issues to get it into rather than just the one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
grimlockprime108
Protoform

Post by grimlockprime108 »

yay,six issues later and we get an introspective on why the first isn't epic fail....it is to laugh