New British Transformers Comic On The Way.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

New British Transformers Comic On The Way.

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've never heard of Signature Publishing before (and the RID comic isn't on their website yet), but from the way it talks about 20 pages of comic suggests to me we're looking at a straight reprint of IDW stuff.

I've not read any of the RID tie in stuff, but at least it seems more reasonably priced than the Titan one was by the end and it's not much more than one of the American issues would be and comes with a free toy!

http://downthetubes.net/?p=26302
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is that an introductory price, though?

I didn't actually realise there was a http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Ro ... 015_comic)
inflatable dalek

Apparently it's the IDW free comicbook day story and a newish (in that it was created back in April as a "test" for a European comic and the artist thinks it might already have been published in France) strip, so I was only half right.

Though if they'd already paid for the trial comic and the FCBD strip wasn't long enough to fill an issue it might be all reprints from here on in.
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

Ooh, I wonder if they'll have an open submissions policy.

(Of course they won't. Of course.)
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

RID (2? 3?) has just passed me by, TBH. Beyond Fixit looking either cute or a bit George Lucas I really haven't registered much about it.

Wonder how much of a UK market there'd be for a G1 reprint title in the style of the Panini stuff just doing the IDW material from the start. I suppose the whole back catalogue's too ****ed up in terms of unfinished stories and idiotic sideshows to stand up to that sort of thing.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Did I hear that the IDW RID comic has just been canned? So unless we get some new UK-only material this thing will last six issues at best...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Considering the diminishing returns Titan have had if I was Signature I'd concentrate on getting to those six issues first before worrying about anything else. Though judging by how long Titan hung in there I don't think indigenous strips are particularly expensive anymore.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:
Wonder how much of a UK market there'd be for a G1 reprint title in the style of the Panini stuff just doing the IDW material from the start. I suppose the whole back catalogue's too ****ed up in terms of unfinished stories and idiotic sideshows to stand up to that sort of thing.
I think it's unlikely to ever be a goer, but surely the Marvel and DC UK books have similar problems as well? Especially as presumably they can't reprint all of every company wide crossover.

Picked up the first issue of this, haven't had chance to look at it yet but it's very much in the same vein as as the Titan comic in terms of look (so a typical UK supermarket comic then).
inflatable dalek

As a general update as I've now found the time to read the first three issues (and I've finally caught up with the Titan Age of Extinction issues I hadn't read!), after the extra strip to pad out the Free comic Book Day story the rest of the series is just a straight reprint of an IDW issue every month.

Considering the general apathy to RID in the UK though if it makes it to issue 7 and the point it has to worry about the lack of new material that will be an impressive feat in and of itself (the comic based around the most successful film of 2014 only managed five issues!).