First look at BotCon exclusives - number five: Dreadwind!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

First look at BotCon exclusives - first up: Dirge!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

A great re-paint. I can do one at home.

but, alas, no remold = not worth the money.

I think if anyone is still holding out hope for Thrust to get new wings they are deluded.
Come on and wind me up.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by another tf fan
I think if anyone is still holding out hope for Thrust to get new wings they are deluded.
I'm hoping that they aren't now. That way it won't feel like such a big loss because I'm never gonna get my hands on these...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

as selfish as that is, i kinda agree. i'm not going to have the money for all the cool figs this year. i'm buying most of everything movie related and i have bought many classics so far.... no 300 + bucks for this set....

so meh...
Come on and wind me up.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

ARGH! It's unfair! I want the Dirge, I want it!
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Civ

Post by Civ »

Wow. That looks great. I wonder why they didn't release him to retail if he's just a repaint of Ramjet? I mean he would fit right into the Classics line perfectly. I could be wrong since I'm speculating, but wouldn't Hasbro make more money if he was sold in retail instead of just a convention exclusive?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dunno if it's just flash, but the blue's too light for my tastes.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by another tf fan
as selfish as that is, i kinda agree. i'm not going to have the money for all the cool figs this year. i'm buying most of everything movie related and i have bought many classics so far.... no 300 + bucks for this set....

Plus, putting it into perspective, there's Masterpiece Skywarp (and probably Thundercracker later on) being released if anyone is looking to drop that sort of cash on nice-looking Seekers.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

....it's just a repaint? They want that kind of money for a flat out repaint?

HAHAHAHAAH!

*ahem*

I mean, wow.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I like it. Whether or not they actually remold Thrust doesn't matter a whole lot, but as they sometimes remold figures, it'd be nice to see them do that, and it's probably more likely to happen than if Hasbro were releasing him, so we'll see. Even if not, I'll be glad to get the other three and finally acquire the Jetfire mold.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Dirge was the very first Decepticon I received as a child, so the ol' blue and copper-ish seeker resides in very snuggly place in my heart, even if I favored 'Warps and Thrust just a touch more. All the same, these images of the new Dirge put a smile on my face. I would have considered purchasing one to get all gushy and sentimental over - but at that price?

F**k no.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Yeah, I gotta agree about the price for Dirge if it's just a repaint. I'm tempted though to get a Ramjet and paint it myself. Hey, Clay, can I hit you up for advice? ;)
numbat

Post by numbat »

I have to go with the sentiment:
I'm hoping that they aren't now. That way it won't feel like such a big loss because I'm never gonna get my hands on these...

I am rather shocked that they haven't gone to the slight bother of remolding the wings on Dirge. I don't know if the larger difference makes it more or less likely for Thrust.

I'm interested to see what, if anything, they've done to the Jetfire mold.

But, yeah, cost is incredible for straight repaints like this - I thought it was steep for remolds! (But maybe that's because I'm Scottish ;) )

Still, Thundercracker... alas, poor Thundercracker... that's a repaint I would like. Along with Sunstorm, if that's likely to be one of the other convention exclusives (now or sometime). But, I have higher priorities than forking out loads of money for these guys, when the Movie line's coming, and I value my life and forthcoming marriage!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by numbat
I am rather shocked that they haven't gone to the slight bother of remolding the wings on Dirge. I don't know if the larger difference makes it more or less likely for Thrust.

I thought it was fairly obvious that Dirge would be a straight repaint from Ramjet, since their wings weren't all that different to begin with.

Had this been widely available as a regular Classics release, I would have happily dished out the cash. But with the extortionate price they're asking for this set now, NO WAY.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I already have starscream so I think it isn't necessary to get Dirge since they transform the same way.It is nice though.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

This is one I didn't expect any retooling for, since his Ramjet's wing assemblies are somewhat similar. Thrust, though... he's gonna need the VTOLs on him.

Oh, and a new guess (and just that) on the two 'in house' exclusives... Sunstorm and Darkwing.
zigzagger

...and here's Classics Thundercracker!

Post by zigzagger »

Botcon exclusive "Classics" Thundercrackeris up for your viewing pleasures

Neat!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Wow that's really nice. What a shame he's not for general release.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Gorgeous! Even better than Skywarp.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Oh that is sweet and sure to be going for a small fortune on an auction site near you soon