What other toylines do you collect?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Gobots/Machine Robo etc.
9%
G. I. Joe/Action Force
12%
M. O. T. U.
4%
Marvel or DC figs
9%
Lego
23%
Thundercats
2%
Ghostbusters
1%
Star Wars
13%
Convertors
2%
Other
27%

Total votes: 128

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aside from Transformers, what toys do you collect, and how much of 'em?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I pretty much get all the Who figures as and when I see them. I'm still waiting for the "Rose as a dirty prostitute" one though...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"Collect" is probably too strong a word. Got a few DC Direct, Classics and MOTU bits out on display at the moment.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Thanks to Cliff's website I am starting to collect Gobots. The only one I have is Bugbite... Now I'm going to hunt down some others. Just don't know who I should get next.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I've recently sworn off toys, including Transformers, but I did really get into collecting certain figures from the 2k2 MOTU line. My MOTU toys are some of the few that I kept after my Great Toy Cleansing (where I threw away dozens and dozens of my toys becuase I just wanted to be rid of them).

While I haven't actively collected them since I was 6, I can never turn down Ghostbusters anything. I bought all the NECA toys save for Stay-Puft because he was just too big and I'd certainly buy more if they ever came out (which they likely never will).
Hound

Post by Hound »

Centurions and G.I.Joe.

Well I shouldn't say I collect them as I haven't had money to spare from my comic book collecting in a very long time now but eventually I plan to make a go at getting quite a bit from both lines.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

The closest choice I have compared to what I actually collect is Marvel since Doom is a Marvel character. However, it is not just limited to action figures. Anything Doom is a collectible to me whether its the Heroclix Doom or a huge bust.

I have pretty much given up collecting any other lines simply because of money, space, and time. at one point, I was heavily into the ML figs but I stopped that too. And even though I wholeheartedly enjoyed the TF movie, I didn't dare buy any of the toys unless it was to get creative and do a kitbash with a certain character.

As of my last ML purchase, these are the most recent pics:

and the first FF movie figs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I collect Lego Bionicles. I pretend they are for the Scraplets, who are the actual recipients of a lot of my gains, but I still have three large figures mint in their boxes. I can, occasionally, swipe an item of my choice from the boys' room and put it on display, but a lot of them are built, tested and carefully returned to original packaging by the boys themselves.

Like Hound, though, most of the spare money goes on my comic collection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I've got fair sized collections of things that I really don't collect, if you follow my meaning. Most of this stuff, like my boxes of Star Trek figures and space ships, are left over from when I was a kid. I wouldn't say I actually collect them since they haven't seen daylight in years. Likewise I wouldn't say I collect things like Gobots or TMNT, even though I own a handful of them and occasionally play with 'em.

The only other toyline that I'd really call a collection is my assortment of Lego. There's a few Star Wars and regular old Space sets in there, but it's mostly Castle, which has always been my favourite theme.

[Castle geek mode]This year's actually been a good one for Lego Castle collectors. 2007 has seen the release of the first classic-style castle line that we've gotten in the last decade or so, eschewing some of the overt fantasy elements and unique 'character' figures from other recent lines and giving us a lot of generic army builder troops.[/Castle geek mode]

Beyond Lego and TFs, there just aren't that many things that catch my attention enough to tempt me into collecting them. That's not to say I haven't occasionally bought things from other lines, but there's just not the same level of interest for me.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Strictly speaking I've pretty much got it contained to Transformers at the moment. I was collecting a lot of different things but have sold off most of them except a select few. Which includes some horror movie figures from various companies, some Marvel Legends figures, M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, and a few Monsters In My Pocket still. I also still have a few random Darth Vader figures from my early days of toy collecting. I also collect anything Ghost Rider I can find that is of decent quality. This of course excludes the movie figures.

I used to have a whole room in my old house that was filled with nothing but toys of various kinds. My wife had probably more than me, hers mostly consisted of Star Wars and various comic/anime related figures. We have sold off most of this stuff though since we were forced into moving somewhere else and had our daughter. With kids it becomes much harder to collect anything, which is why I've narrowed it down to only one toyline really.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by Ackula
I used to have a whole room in my old house that was filled with nothing but toys of various kinds. My wife had probably more than me, hers mostly consisted of Star Wars and various comic/anime related figures. We have sold off most of this stuff though since we were forced into moving somewhere else and had our daughter. With kids it becomes much harder to collect anything, which is why I've narrowed it down to only one toyline really.

That is why you make doors with really high doorknobs, so your (sorry Clogs)...*ahem*... "Scraplets" can't touch the stuff. Also have the room have no windows and place a retinal scanner on the door.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I have a slowly increasing SD Gundam collection from the gatcha gatchas, though, I collect anything cool I can find in them as they're only one or two hundred yen a piece.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i don't really "collect" many other things- i just love toys!:D

i love taking GI joe figures apart and customizing them in a sort of neo kitbashing thing- i have none of my old ones left, really... (i at one point had over a hundred joes- mostly COBRA!)

i like the new ones a little more- their thumbs don't break all the damn time, making me take poster putty to the hands and weapon in order to make them stay...

i used to have about 15 Gundam figures (including golden master and gld shining...) - until one day my family cleaned out the basement and saw them near the stack of donatables- and said to themselves "Hey, he wouldn't have left this out if he wanted them... lets take them with the other stuff and donate it!" of course i was still moving my stuff into my room in the basement- and it was on top of a stack of boxes with my name on them... dammit...

i also like a lot of japanese vinyl and designer toys: http://www.kidrobot.com
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
That is why you make doors with really high doorknobs, so your (sorry Clogs)...*ahem*... "Scraplets" can't touch the stuff. Also have the room have no windows and place a retinal scanner on the door.

Yeah....thats not really the issue. You see kids cost money. A lot of money. So that leaves much less money to waste on things you don't need, because kids always need something. Especially when their a baby. Cool thing is that a kid is much more rewarding than a toy.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

other than Transformers, I don't collect any other toys- I collect swords, throwing stars, etc. and lots of DVDs!
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clay

Post by Clay »

I have a handful of Aliens figures from the 1992 Kenner stuff, and half a dozen small Gundam action figures.

I also have most of my Legos from when I was a child.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Originally posted by Ackula
...Cool thing is that a kid is much more rewarding than a toy.

says you...LOL :D

@Clay... do you have the cobra alien? because he was badass!

forgot to mention earlier, i also collect skulls and skeletony things... which is harder than it sounds...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx

forgot to mention earlier, i also collect skulls and skeletony things... which is harder than it sounds...

Only as long as no one finds you with the spade by the open grave.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx

Have you ever tried shopping at a Newbury Comics or Hot Topic?
Lotsa Skulls.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

mostly wierd stuff with skulls TBH- like lil toys that walk- but are skulls- will post image of skulls soon... soon...

BWAHAHAHAHA!

sorry- i typed that and lightning flashed outside... not that any of you saw that...

anyone collect Stikfas?

and the thread is open...

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... post577460
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD