Target exclusive Universe comic two-packs (Dirge/Roadbuster, Springer/Ratbat) - out

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Target exclusive Universe comic two-packs (Dirge/Roadbuster, Springer/Ratbat) - out

Post by Ackula »

http://actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-270822.html

ACToys has posted images of the upcoming Universe Springer and Ratbat 2-pack Target exclusive thats set to come out this November. They are repaints of Cybertron Evac and Sideways respectively, and also come with a comic, War Within: The Dark Ages Issue #2. There are also images of the comic at ACToys as well in the same thread. Images of the figures are mirrored below....
Attachments
ratbat.jpg
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

I don't normally buy straight recolours (and I prefer my Universe/Classic 2.0 toys being all new moulds), but that Ratbat is very nice.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Why is this line starting to fill up with repaints?
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

I like the look of these guys. I definitely would like to pick this set up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Gouki wrote:I don't normally buy straight recolours (and I prefer my Universe/Classic 2.0 toys being all new moulds), but that Ratbat is very nice.
Agreed. Sideways was already a great mold, one of the best from the Cybertron line really. The figure has a great transformation scheme, and I must agree that the new paint applications look fantastic on him!
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Vincent wrote:Why is this line starting to fill up with repaints?
That is an excellent question.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Because it's a secondary line and without repaints it probably wouldn't exist in the first place. Repaints also give it a better chance of existing as a running line instead of lasting 3 waves like the first classics did.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I do like the Springer...got the Botcon one and a 'Sprung' (Bulkhead) can I justify another...
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Universe was previously a repaint-only line. Now it's also the place Hasbro slot in any new Classics-style moulds they don't mind competing with movie and Animated toys.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Hope this is not a silly question, but is there a complete list of classic and universe 2, that are being planned?
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Stuff we already know about is here -- http://tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/un ... assics.php -- and I imagine Nevermore'll add to that as he gets time.

Wave 2 of the Legends are here -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=44129
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Classics 1 had a few repaints too, of course - Skywarp, Magnus, Cliffjumper, Constructicon Maximus, the retool of Starscream as Ramjet, and so on. V1 only actually had (discounting about half of the Legends, which could again be matched) nine new moulds, it just seemed like more because a few of them doubled up... Seven have been announced for V2 already. It just so happens they're looking beyond the new moulds for recolour material due to fewer of them being obvious fits for another character.

If anything, it's a very encouraging sign that the line's filling up at all. Classics 1 seemed to be done as soon as it started, partly because of the upcoming Movie, and I felt there was a lot of repaint territory unexplored. I'd rather the thing was 75% decent recolours (these aren't bad, for starters) and 25% new moulds and lasted a little longer this time around.

Random Recolour Wishlist, With Little Regard For Trademarks, Clashes With Other Lines Or Any Of That Shit: -

Energon Downshift in 100% G1 Wheeljack colours
G2 Road Pig as someone, anyone, just get that mould out there again.
RID X-Brawn as Brawn
Redo the Neo-G1 Spychangers, but get them right - keep Prowl II as Red Alert, Ironhide as Trailbreaker, but switch Jazz to the Hot Shot mould, do the Stunticons (Magnus as Motormaster?)
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Denyer wrote:Stuff we already know about is here -- http://tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/un ... assics.php -- and I imagine Nevermore'll add to that as he gets time.

Wave 2 of the Legends are here -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=44129
Cheers Denyer, keep looking there for the new classics, that's why I was quite surprised to see a new springer!!

Anyone know if Springer has any changes apart from the colour to Evac?
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

No, no… Not more repaints!?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

springer looks good. ratbat.... not so much
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Target wrote:Anyone know if Springer has any changes apart from the colour to Evac?
Going by the picture, it looks like he comes with a different planet key. The head is the same as before.

Haven't decided whether to pick up this set or Blades. I had Evac before and liked the toy itself, but I didn't care for the colors.

I like the Blades repaint more than Springer, but I want Ratbat too. Decisions, decisions...
numbat

Post by numbat »

I really liked the Evac mould, but haven't cared for any of the paint apps to date.

I do like Springer though...

I'm not so taken with Ratbat. I really love Sideways, and I think the paint app was perfect. So, I'm probably being stubborn.

;)

I'll have to have a think about these guys...

I will have to think about these fellows...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I like both the Springer and Blades repaints, and I never had Cyb Evac, which I heard was a good Transformer. I think I'll get them both, as for Ratbat, I dunno, I love Sideways, but Ratbat only looks O.K. to me.

(Oddly enought I have the Movie Evac but not the original...I have a repaint/remold inspired by a Cyb toy and now i want the repaints of that very Cyb toy.)

(Holy Hell they got Ratbat transformed all wrong)
Come on and wind me up.
Clay

Post by Clay »

another tf fan wrote:I like both the Springer and Blades repaints, and I never had Cyb Evac, which I heard was a good Transformer.
It is pretty nifty. I believe it is the only helicopter transformer that doesn't use the tail of the aircraft as a third leg.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hey, capitalise that or I'll bore you to death, matey...