[see below for images]
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Re: Animated Bumblebee and Prime (Deluxe) Auctions

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
From everyone's favorite auction site.

Yeh, not much point in the coyness when you've DIRECT-LINKED THE ****ING AUCTIONS.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

One of the few things the news forum rules tells you not to do when it comes to unreleased stuff...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Wow Bumblebee is extremely cute! Not as keen on Op as I thought I would be though.

They both look quite similar to the classics.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Prime's the only character, animated or toy-wise, that I don't particularly like. Everything else looks pretty sweet so far.
-Alex???
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I like the OP robot mode better than I thought I would, but the truck is a mess! Maybe it's just not transformed well, but the gaps and cracks everywhere are serious turn offs. As with everything, though, it'll be different when I see it firsthand as pictures just can't do any transformer justice.
Insomniac Malik
Protoform

Post by Insomniac Malik »

man, I posted so much on these 2 on another site. Seems like it'd be rude to just copy/paste.

well I think BB looks pretty damn cool, but Prime? Ugh!! Ball joints, exposed robot kibble in alt mode. Roof becomes a Jazz shield?? What a mess.

Still very much looking forward to Megs and Screamer.

..and Prowl, he looks pretty awesome.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Prime looks rubbish from the back, but God bless the little yellow fellow.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I also must state that this Prime is his Cybertronian Form. His earth form is the voyager class figure.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, pretty much with everyone else. Bumblebee looks fantastic, and stylistic preferences aside, compares nicely with the Classics toy. Op... not so good, horrid alt mode (whatever it's meant to be, don't make me patronise you all about Cybertron Metroplex again...).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bumblebee looks ****ing ace.
PhantomWraith
Protoform

Post by PhantomWraith »

Looks like the animators for Ben Ten got the new animation contract..or maybe I'm seeing to much design similarity between Bens Alien forms and their robot modes.

Either way, I dunno, I love BBs form, but Prime..well, He DOES have that massive axe and I can see him becoming a pretty cool novelty to me.

I'll just rename him Viking Prime.
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh, pretty much with everyone else. Bumblebee looks fantastic, and stylistic preferences aside, compares nicely with the Classics toy. Op... not so good, horrid alt mode (whatever it's meant to be, don't make me patronise you all about Cybertron Metroplex again...).

You mean the Bend-Over-And-Take-It-Like-A-Man Mode?
I'm curious to know, how many people who lambasted Armada for looking like Fisher Price will jump right on board this band wagon?
SCREAM MY NAME IN BINARY!!!!!!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Not to shatter anyone's world views, and all, but, bizarrely, there is a machine which looks remarkably like Cybertron Metroplex, used in real-world strip mining. So, crazy as this may be, compared to some far 'better' Cybertron figures, he has a more realistic (or real-world based) alternate mode.

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2006/11 ... hines.html

;)

(Pretty nifty, despite my conservationist leanings! Although strip mining is never good... I would actually like to get hold of a Cyb Metroplex if I could ever find one at a decent price. And that's largely because of the alt mode, lol! I want a transforming forest harvester - that would be fun!)

That aside...

I can see the niftyness of Bumbles even if I don't like the style of the line. Prime, on the otherhand, does look like he's drawn the short straw once again.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

You're absolutely right in the (somewhat) resemblance to that strip-miner - It's not so much the alt mode, it's how the figure goes about acheving it.
SCREAM MY NAME IN BINARY!!!!!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by numbat
Not to shatter anyone's world views, and all, but, bizarrely, there is a machine which looks remarkably like Cybertron Metroplex, used in real-world strip mining. So, crazy as this may be, compared to some far 'better' Cybertron figures, he has a more realistic (or real-world based) alternate mode.

Ack. This is my exact problem. It being modelled on something specific, whether it's a real-world strip-mining machine or a Cybertronian version of Optimus Prime's cab, does not stop that alt mode from being complete and utter wank. People say "I hate Metroplex' alt mode", people post an imagine of a strip miner. Irrelevant.

Didn't dislike Armada for being like Fisher Price; I had more of a problem with the mishappen robot modes of a number of figures. The alt modes weren't bad, even if everything was about 15% bigger than it should have been (for example, if Wheeljack had been closer to Car Brother size, he'd have been brilliant) - it all felt oversized.
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

Prime makes me think of a lumberjack.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ack. This is my exact problem. It being modelled on something specific, whether it's a real-world strip-mining machine or a Cybertronian version of Optimus Prime's cab, does not stop that alt mode from being complete and utter wank. People say "I hate Metroplex' alt mode", people post an imagine of a strip miner. Irrelevant.
Yeah, you're right.

:)

I think I may have odd tastes. After all, I do love Cybertron Menasor - and there is no conceivable way of defending his alt mode really.

I just like big, powerful and practical machines I guess.

Not a big fan of sports cars and the like, on the other hand.

And when it comes to radically mishapen truck cabs...

:eyebrow:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Insomniac Malik
Protoform

Post by Insomniac Malik »

Numbat. I see you're in Scotland, UK. If you have a friend in the US we have a store called Family Dollar that for the past month has been carrying Cybertron Prime and Cybertron Metroplex for 20 dollars. I've seen him often and have actually been debating for weeks about whether to get him.

If you really want one perhaps someone you know could pick him up for you and ship him over the pond.

Good luck man, he's out there I've seen him a lot lately.